8 Ways to Track a Package's Status Anytime, Anywhere
Did you know that you can track the status of a package on your desktop? Or by using your mobile device? Here are eight ways to track anytime, from anywhere.
Tracking the status of packages is often a matter of habit: You probably use whatever method is most convenient for your business. But what about when you're on the road or unexpectedly need to track a package's status from home?
Here are eight different ways you can track the status of your FedEx® shipments:
- Keep track of up to 30 shipments at a time online at fedex.com. Track the status of up to 30 FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx Freight® and FedEx Custom Critical® shipments, and/or FedEx Office orders, online at fedex.com. You can even sign up to receive automatic email notification of critical shipping events.
- Don't have a tracking number? Track online using other reference information. If you don't have a tracking number, you can still track online at fedex.com using your internal reference information. Select Track by Reference, then enter the invoice, purchase order, department, Return Material Authorization or other reference number you provided at the time of shipment.
- Track from your computer's desktop. FedEx Desktop helps you actively monitor your shipments. You can personalize your view by nicknaming your shipments, adding notes or placing important shipments on a watch list. FedEx Desktop will also notify you when shipments are delivered or when certain shipment exceptions occur.
- Track using FedEx Advanced Tracking at fedex.com. FedEx Advanced Tracking provides shipment-status updates in an easy-to-scan format, with dynamic search and filtering capabilities that help you quickly find and export information about your shipments. To use it, log in to My FedEx®, then select the Advanced Tracking tab.
- Track using FedEx InSight®. FedEx InSight is a shipment-status tracking and management tool for moderate- to high-volume shippers of high-value shipments. It monitors your shipping activity and provides status updates for your FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight shipments. It's ideal for managing your shipments across multiple locations and accounts.
- Track using your mobile device. If your device has a mobile web browser, you can access FedEx® Mobile to track the status of packages and manage your shipping. Quickly get status updates on packages sent from your mobile device by clicking on the tracking number. Or enter tracking numbers and have results sent to as many as three email addresses. Additionally, FedEx® Mobile for iPhone® and FedEx® Mobile for BlackBerry® can tie your shipment information together on your smartphone. Any FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight or FedEx Custom Critical shipping label created with your account, added to My FedEx Advanced Tracking or tracked with FedEx Desktop, automatically shows up on your smartphone.
- Track FedEx Trade Networks® shipment status. Businesses engaged in global shipping can track the status of their shipments by going to the FedEx Trade Networks website and selecting the Track tab.
- Track by phone. Away from your computer? Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 and say "track a package" to track the status of your shipment.
Go to the How to Ship section of Guide to Services on fedex.com.
Learn more about tracking tools on the Track page at fedex.com.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.