Printer-Friendly Get a Head Start on Your Competition
Control your inventory. Use your employees’ time efficiently. Improve your bottom line. How? With FedEx Freight® A.M. service.
In today’s business environment, if you want to succeed, you must manage your time. Supply chain management is a constant concern. You race to stay ahead of the competition by getting your products to market earlier. And you work ahead to improve your payroll and bottom line by making the most of your employees’ time.
That’s why FedEx Freight A.M. is a smart and cost-effective investment. With FedEx Freight A.M., you can schedule a pickup by 5 p.m., and it will reach its destination by 10:30 a.m. on its standard delivery date.1
Backed by a no-fee money-back guarantee.2
Let’s say you’re expecting a shipment for a popular MP3 player that’s making its debut into the market. Your retail store, as well as your competition, is expecting huge sales from this item. Because your vendor uses FedEx Freight A.M. service, you can get your shipment by 10:30 a.m. — hours before your competitors receive theirs. By making the item accessible to your customers earlier than other retail stores, you get a head start on sales and can boost your bottom line.
Using FedEx Freight A.M. has many advantages:
- It’s easy. FedEx Freight A.M. shipments can be scheduled in several simple ways.
- It’s fast. Time is critical on both the shipping and receiving ends of a transaction. A lot of shipping companies don’t complete their deliveries until later in the afternoon. With your shipments arriving at 10:30 a.m., you — or your customers — have a full day to deal with newly delivered inventory. You don’t need to schedule employees to receive late-afternoon shipments, and because your shipments arrive approximately six hours before your competition, you have a greater opportunity to satisfy your customers.
- It’s consistent. Most express delivery services add a surcharge based on item weight and cargo quantity. FedEx Freight A.M. includes only a flat $75 fee, no matter the weight or number of pallets in your shipment.
- It’s economical. The flat fee means you can offer your product for a lower price and gain a competitive advantage.
And with our no-fee money-back guarantee, you can be assured your deliveries will arrive by 10:30 a.m., and not a minute later, or your money back.2
That’s a promise you can extend to your customers as well.
It’s easy. First, determine if your shipment is eligible for FedEx Freight A.M. delivery by running a rate quote or by going to our ZIP code eligibility website
. Then use any of these methods to choose the service:
- Obtain a FedEx Freight A.M. sticker from your FedEx account executive or FedEx Freight driver and apply it to your Bill of Lading.
- Clearly write “FedEx Freight A.M.” in the Special Instructions portion of your Bill of Lading, and inform your driver of the request.
- Schedule the service
online by generating a Bill of Lading and selecting FedEx Freight A.M. under the Guaranteed Service section. Inform your driver of the request.
- Call FedEx Freight Customer Service at 1.866.393.4585.
Get more information about FedEx Freight A.M.
You can also download and view the webinar
“Identifying Transportation Value & FedEx Freight A.M.,” or watch a video
about FedEx Freight A.M.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates
To determine if your shipment is eligible for FedEx Freight A.M. delivery, check the destination ZIP code
Applies to FXF 1000 Rate Base customers only. Subject to terms and conditions provided in the FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff