Printer-Friendly Ship North to Grow Your Wine Business
Now you can ship wine to businesses and consumers in Canada, expanding your international customer base, with the FedEx® international wine shipping program.
FedEx has been handling the wine industry’s business-to-business and business-to-consumer U.S. delivery needs for nearly 20 years. Now, you can get that same time-definite service, reliability and expertise for shipping wine directly
to international consumers in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario, Canada.
What does this mean for you? It means you have a greater opportunity to expand your Canadian customer base beyond just retailers, restaurants and wine shops to private individuals. And it means that when Canadian customers are visiting your tasting room or store and want to ship cases of wine home, or want to place an order via your Web site, they can.
Take advantage of a growing market
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Canada and the U.S. are currently the world's largest trading partners. In addition, Canada is the second largest U.S. wine export destination and is the only destination with double-digit wine growth in the last six years. So, put these great statistics together with the FedEx international wine shipping program, and you have a winning combination for the growth of your business.
And the news for wine shippers just keeps getting better: According to a recent report by the industry research firm RNCOS, the U.S. wine market is one of the fastest growing markets in the world. The report predicts that the U.S. wine market will continue to grow at a rapid pace, with wine sales worth US$44 billion by 2012.
Find solutions to meet your international wine shipping needs
- Service choices. We understand you have varying time constraints for your shipments. So we offer urgent and economical delivery services for both packages and freight. Most services include time-definite, customs-cleared delivery supported by the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee.1
- FedEx International Priority®. Our most popular international service: delivery typically in 1, 2 or 3 business days for packages up to 150 lbs. (69 kg). Reach major cities in Europe in 2 business days by noon.
- FedEx International Priority® Freight. Delivery typically in 1, 2 or 3 business days for palletized freight shipments greater than 150 lbs. (68 kg). Pickup and delivery options at your door or the airport. Advance confirmation required. Book space at fedex.com or by calling FedEx Express® Freight Services at 1.800.332.0807.
- FedEx International Economy®. Cost-effective delivery typically in 2 to 5 business days for packages up to 150 lbs. (69 kg).
- FedEx International Economy® Freight. Delivery typically in 5 business days for palletized freight shipments greater than 150 lbs. (68 kg). Pickup and delivery options at your door or the airport. Advance confirmation required. Book space at fedex.com or by calling FedEx Express Freight Services at 1.800.332.0807.
- Country-specific information. For a comprehensive list of countries served, as well as helpful information concerning country-specific requirements, refer to the FedEx Wine Shipping Guide for assistance.
- A landed cost for your customers. Calculating and communicating upfront the landed cost of your international wine shipment can save both you and your customers valuable time and money. We recommend you try our free and easy Estimate Duties and Taxes tool. In addition, to help facilitate the customs clearance of your wine shipments, use our Customized Commercial Invoice.
- Support when you need it. For regulatory assistance and advice, contact FedEx International Regulatory Consulting at 1.800.851.3336 or email@example.com. For personalized service from a designated FedEx international account executive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can help you expand your business internationally, thereby increasing your profitability and enhancing your competitiveness. For more information on FedEx wine shipping ― including what you need to know about requirements and features of service to start shipping wine with FedEx ― go to fedex.com/wineshipping.
1For details on the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee, see Our Services at fedex.com.