FedEx Racing Sweepstakes Official Rules
conducted via Twitter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- Sweepstakes Timing: The FedEx Racing Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) consists of ten (10) individual periods, for up to 24 hours during each month of the Sweepstakes Period (February through November as described below) and culminating in one Grand Prize winner selection at the end of the Sweepstakes Period as further described in these Rules. The Sweepstakes Period, consisting of the ten (10) monthly periods and the Grand Prize winner selection begins at 12:00pm Central Time (“CT”) on February 11, 2012 and ends at the latest 3:00pm CT on November 12, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Officers, directors, employees and agents of FedEx Corporate Services, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Team Epic (the “Administrator”), and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, suppliers, agents and retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (collectively, with Sponsor and Administrator, the “Related Parties”) are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- How To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase Participant's chances of winning. To enter, a participant must become a @fedex follower on Twitter (if not one already) and accept fedex Tweets (a "Participant"). On the 11th day of each month during the Sweepstakes Period (beginning with the first month of February), @fedex will Tweet a trivia question between 12:00pm CT and 3:00pm CT. To participate, a Participant must Tweet the answer to the trivia question within 24 hours of when the trivia question was Tweeted (i.e., at the latest by 3:00pm CT on the 12th of each month during the Sweepstakes Period). The answer must be correct to be eligible for the monthly drawings. All entries, regardless of whether or not they were correct will be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. The Tweet must include #FedExRacing (“Tweet” or “entry”) within the message. A mutual following is suggested to facilitate active participation. If Participant is a first time visitor to Twitter, Participant will be prompted to complete the on-screen registration form. Registration is a one-time requirement. If Participant is a returning visitor, Participant will be prompted to log-in using Participant's e-mail address. Limit one entry per Participant each month. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, inconsistent with Sponsor's image, offensive, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be accepted as an entry and may disqualify the Participant from further participation in the Sweepstakes.
- Random Drawings: Four potential winners will be selected in a random drawing, on or shortly after the 12th of each month (for each month starting February 12, 2012 through November 12, 2012), after the deadline for that month's contest period, from among all entries containing the correct answers properly submitted and received under these Rules. One potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a separate random drawing on or after November 12, 2012, from among all eligible entries properly submitted and received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by each deadline.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter. Potential winners must respond via email with name and mailing address within 12 hours of the message being sent. If potential winner(s) do not respond within 12 hours, an alternate winner may be selected and notified by direct message on Twitter. Potential winners will then be sent via mail an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and an Assignment of Rights which must be executed and returned within 10 days of notification attempt. Return of prize notification or failure to meet the deadline will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected and notified via the same means as above.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): four (4) Monthly Prizes per monthly period (40 total) - each of the four (4) prizes consisting of a Sponsor-selected autographed die-cast car; ARV: $100 each. Grand Prize (1): An autographed helmet used during the Daytona 500 by a Sponsor-selected driver; ARV: $1,000.
- General Rules: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, Participants agree to release and hold harmless the Related Parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with creation of or submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of and/or awarding of the prizes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Related Parties to use winners’ names, likenesses and entries for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) and any other public use, without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By submitting a Tweet, Participants grant the Sponsor the right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, reproduce, adapt, or otherwise revise and/or alter the entry, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the entry for editorial, commercial, promotional, regulatory or legal reasons and all other purposes, in its sole discretion.
- Disputes: Participants/Winners agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Tennessee; Participants/Winners submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Tennessee for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred (but no more than $100), including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Participants/Winners be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participants/Winners hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses subject to the monetary limits described above, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO PARTICIPANT. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participants/Winners or the Related parties in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Tennessee, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause to apply the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee.
- Winners List: Potential winners acknowledge and agree that the potential winners will be announced shortly after each random drawing for a short period of time specified by Sponsor and that their names may be provided upon request as follows. For the name of the official winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: FedEx Racing Sweepstakes Winners, Attn: Jon Gottlieb 230 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06855). Requests must be received by December 30, 2012.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is FedEx Corporate Services, Inc., 3640 Hacks Cross Road Memphis, TN 38125. Twitter is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and is not involved in any way other than as the medium through which this Sweepstakes is conducted.