Let us manage your critical inventory
Outsourcing your logistics operations can help you refocus on your core strengths. How? By freeing up your time to concentrate on what you do best. We developed FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics to fully support our customers' time-sensitive, high-value inventory.
We help you focus on your core strengths
FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics can help you achieve the following benefits:
- Cost savings. Skip the investment and ongoing expense associated with building and maintaining your own supply chain infrastructure and order-management system and rely on ours instead. Our FedEx® Global Supply Chain Manager technology can support the worldwide movement of your most critical service parts and finished goods, as well as provide end-to-end supply chain visibility.
- Knowledge. Keep tabs on your inventory at all times, whether it's around the corner or around the world. See orders — from inception through proof of delivery — so your field reps and technicians can carry less trunk stock and your warehouses less safety stock.
- Customer service. Reduce the number of shipment-status-tracking and order-placement calls to your customer service center by accessing our global order placement, inventory management and visibility tools.
- Market advantage. Bring your products to market faster with our globally integrated network of FedEx stocking locations and distribution centers that provide faster access to the markets where you need your products to be. We can also help you move inventory to locations that best match the local, central or global needs of your business and your customers.
- Service options. Choose from a wide range of transportation services to match your unique requirements — from 1-hour courier pickup and next-flight-out to next-day and second-day delivery and returns.
- Reliability. You can rely on our operational excellence, including ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certifications and dedicated customer support teams.
- Support. Access our dedicated supply chain management command and control team, which keeps watch over your orders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until they arrive safely at their destinations.
Where does FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics have stocking locations?
We can utilize more than 500 locations in 26 countries throughout our FedEx Express, FedEx Trade Networks and FedEx Office networks.
Can FedEx optimize transportation between my stocking locations?
Yes. We don't just look at ways to make your distribution operations more efficient; we also work to improve your transportation network so the end result is a long-term solution. We can help you:
- Select the optimum fulfillment location, route and mode of shipping.
- Source from multiple stocking locations when necessary to fill an order.
- Provide access to predetermined original equipment manufacturer or supplier stocking locations.
Does FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics provide network planning and analysis support?
Yes. FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics isn't just a "one-size-fits-all" solution. Our team collaborates extensively with yours to make sure the stocking location network resources we put in place meet your long-term objectives.
- Determine optimal stocking network design to meet required service level agreements.
- Prepare "what if" scenarios that weigh the impact of changes to the number of geographic locations or service level agreements.
- Measure transportation service and cost impacts.
What technology is used to manage critical shipments?
FedEx® Global Supply Chain Manager technology supports the local, regional or global movement of your most critical service parts and finished goods inventory.
- Utilizes a single global system to reduce complexity and support global growth.
- Supports multiple order placement and tracking options to give you more flexibility.
- Enables real-time order and shipment tracking.
- Provides global inventory visibility and management.
- Supports expedited order capabilities, using FedEx® International Next Flight, FedEx SameDay® and courier services.
- Provides cost estimates, rate calculations and your specific service level agreement logic or business rules for more control.
- Allows for optional monitoring of a critical order's milestones.
- Supports asset recovery and returns capabilities.
What is Command and Control?
Our dedicated Command and Control customer support teams are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to monitor orders and check stock levels. Our teams serve as an extension of your team so you don't have to invest in staff to support your growing business. Here are some of the services our teams provide:
- On-demand cost estimates and quotations
- Optimized sourcing location and mode of transportation
- Order entry, inventory allocation, release and execution
- Booking of next-flight-out shipments
- Tendering to local couriers
Monitoring, delay detection and recovery
- Monitoring of orders, deliveries and returns
- Proactive alerts and event notification
- Delay detection and recovery
- Escalation management
Do you support returns management?
Yes. Return services include:
- Asset exchange: We replace and reship your broken or damaged asset.
- Advanced asset exchange: We replace and reship your broken or damaged asset, as well as have it repaired
- Value-added returns monitoring
- Asset recovery reporting
- Call follow-up
- Routing disposition
- Rules-based disposition based on reason, code and condition
- Inspection and validation
- Instructions and notifications
- Include instruction sheets with shipments or deliver via email
- Request return shipment notifications
What quality certifications have you received?
FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics stocking locations are ISO 9001 certified. Additionally, to meet the needs of healthcare customers, we are both ISO 13485 and VAWD (Verified-Accredited Wholesale Distributors) certified.
What temperature-sensitive storage and shipping options are available?
We have options ranging from deep frozen to ambient ranges of 2°C to 8°C. Our distribution centers can store your healthcare products while meeting the appropriate regulations and requirements. Then when it's time to ship them, we can over-pack with your preferred packaging and dry ice or gel packs. Or you can utilize any number of our temperature-controlled healthcare solutions.
What other value-added services can FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics provide?
Getting all the "extras" through a single provider can simplify your operations. That's why we provide value-added services.
For the healthcare sector, we can inspect, test, package and label your finished goods, surgical instruments or kits, and supplies so they're ready for distribution or restock. For high-tech customers, we can help you close the supply chain loop by speeding up the reverse cycle, as well as inspect, test, kit, repackage and relabel your finished goods or spare parts.