8 Surprising Things You Can Ship
Need to ship something a little out of the ordinary? Check out this list. We can ship these items, so chances are we can ship whatever you need delivered.
With the proper cushioning, refrigeration, boxing and labeling, you can ship virtually anything via FedEx®. Here are eight items that might surprise you, as well as detailed packing information for each of them:1
- Laptops. Did you know your laptop's original packaging was likely designed to ship the product only once? Reuse can weaken packaging and place the inside product at risk. Over-boxing provides extra integrity for the weakened original manufacturer's packaging. You can also purchase a FedEx Laptop Box from your nearest FedEx Office location.
- Batteries. Yes, you can ship batteries via FedEx, including both "wet" batteries (such as an automobile battery) and lithium batteries (the type commonly used in laptop computers and other electronic devices). Batteries must be correctly identified, classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Additionally, the package must have a Shipper's Declaration for Dangerous Goods, completed and signed by a trained shipper.
- Flowers. Make mom happy: Send her an orchid! To ship flowers, secure the contents inside the shipping container and protect them from temperature extremes that may occur during shipment or after delivery at the recipient's location.
- Auto parts. You can ship engines, motors, transmissions and chassis parts via FedEx Express® services. Drain and empty lubricant fluids before shipping any parts, or demonstrate that the shipment is leakproof. Help reduce damages and ensure safe working conditions for handlers by adequately packaging all mechanical or automotive parts.
- Fine artwork. If your artwork is framed with glass, apply masking tape in a crisscross pattern on the glass surface to prevent glass from splintering. Call the FedEx packaging hotline at 1.800.633.7019 for a list of artwork-packaging manufacturers.
- Lobster. During shipping, insulation and refrigerants are key to preserving perishable foods. With the proper combination of insulation and refrigerants, you can maintain a shipment such as a lobster within specific temperature ranges.
- Undeveloped film. Prominently mark packages containing undeveloped film. Ask your FedEx courier for special labels, or call 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339) (diga "ordenar suministros de envío").
- Stringed musical instruments. Go ahead and ship that violin or guitar. Proper packaging and cushioning are, of course, key. And here's another tip: Loosen the tension on the strings to remove the stress on the neck of the instrument.
We understand. You want to get your shipment to its destination on time, in the same condition it was sent. You can do your part by reviewing our tips on how to pack and following our detailed packaging guidelines on our Pack Like a Pro website.
Let FedEx Office pack it for you
If you don't have time, materials or expertise to pack your own shipments, we can do it for you. Take advantage of the packing experts at any FedEx Office® Print and Ship Center. Más información.
Encuentre consejos y sugerencias adicionales para mejorar su experiencia con FedEx en Actualizaciones de FedEx.
1Limitations and restrictions apply. For details, see the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.com/us/service-guide.
"We understand" is a service mark of FedEx.