Express Packaging Tips
Proper packaging, sealing and addressing your FedEx shipments will ensure that your shipments will arrive on time and in good condition.
- Don't exceed the weight specifications for your box.
- Packages should be larger than 17.8 cm x 10.2 cm x 5.1 cm.
- Center contents in sturdy box surrounded by cushioning (bubble wrap, "peanuts" or foam pads).
- Cushion fragile items inside one box, then put into a larger box with 5.1 cm to 7.6 cm of cushioning around and inside the inner box.
- Do not wrap the outer box with paper.
- Cover sharp or protruding edges with taped corrugated panels or pads.
- If finishes could be damaged or soiled in transit, place in protective container.
- Seal seams and flaps with pressure-sensitive plastic tape. Tape should be at least 5.1 cm wide, but preferably 7.6 cm wide.
- Never use cellophane tape, masking tape, string or rope.
- Avoid duct tape and kraft-paper tape.
- Provide complete sender and recipient addresses, including phone numbers and Postal codes.
- Include your address and the destination address inside shipment (business cards are ideal).
- Use tie-on air waybill tags for skis, tires, etc.