menu at the top of each page to access the following tools:
- Help with this page – Includes FAQ’s, specific instructions, and additional information for the sections and processes you see on the screen.
- Online Technical Support – Gives you the opportunity to Find Answers Online, chat online with a FedEx Technical Support Agent, or Submit a Question.
- Interactive Help Guide – Offers a Demo, the ability to practice using our applications, assistance during actual transactions, a printable User Guide, and “What’s New” information.
FedEx Customer Support
for ways to contact FedEx via e-mail, mail, or phone.
- What are Departments?
- How do I view a list of existing Departments?
- How do I view the Users assigned to a Department?
- How do I access the Department screens?
- How do I add a new Department?
- How do I edit a Department?
- How do I delete a Department?
- How can I import Departments into Shipping Administration?
- How can I export Departments from Shipping Administration?
Departments are profiles for groups of Users that are grouped by function, geographical location, or some other means that use different FedEx account numbers or cost centers.
- Administrators assign privileges and default options at the Department level and run shipping reports by Department.
- All Users must be assigned to a Department and automatically inherit the Department’s physical location, accounts, privileges, references, and defaults. If your company does not group Users by separate Departments, then all Users are assigned to the default Department, which is the first Department that was automatically created during the Shipping Administration registration process.
- Department settings can be customized at the User level for greater flexibility and control. Refer to User Settings for more information.
- Departments – Click the Departments tab on the Shipping Administration screen or select a Department option on the Admin Home screen to view, edit, delete, add, import, and export Departments.
- Department Profile – On the Departments screen, select an existing Department and click Edit or Add. On the Admin Home screen, click Add department, or select a Department from the Update dept drop-down menu and click Go. Enter or edit the Department details and accounts on the Department Profile screen.
- Department Privileges – Complete the Department Profile screen and click Next. Select or edit the Department rights and privileges for Address Books, FedEx services, special services, and other general preferences on the Department Privileges screen.
- Department References – Complete the Department Profile and Department Privileges screens then click Next. Select or edit the Department’s company references, validations, and defaults on the Department References screen.
- Department Defaults – Complete the Department Profile, Department Privileges, and Department References screens then click Next. Select or edit the Department’s shipping defaults, pickup/drop-off defaults, and customized options on the Department Defaults screen.
Once you have been through the Department screens, you can click
to navigate between them.
tab on the Shipping Administration screen to view a list of existing Departments.
Search or select Departments to display
- Search – Enter your search criteria in the Search text box and select the field to search from the drop-down menu. Click Go.
- View – Click All or a letter or number from the View options.
Use one of the following options:
Edit a Department
- Select a column from the Sort by menu.
- Click a column header to sort the column in ascending or descending order by that column.
Delete a Department
- On the Admin Home screen, select a Department from the Update dept drop-down menu and click Go. The Department Profile screen displays.
- You can click Next and Previous to edit information on the Department Profile, Department Privileges, Department References, and Department Defaults screens.
- When you are finished making changes, click Save to save the changes or Cancel to discard changes.
Select the Department and click
to confirm the deletion and remove the Department from the system.
Add a new Department
View Users assigned to a Department
- On the Admin Home screen, click Add department in the Departments section. The Department Profile screen displays.
- Once you complete the Department Profile screen, click Next to select the Department Privileges, Department References, and Department Defaults.
Select the Department and click
screen displays with all Users assigned to that Department. If you want to view Users for another Department, select the Department from the
Sort by Department
This information is provided to you and its use is subject to the FedEx Automation Agreement under which you obtained or have been authorized to use FedEx Ship Manager @ fedex.com. No warranties are extended and all warranties, including without limitation, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED, regarding this information. Any conflict between this information and the Automation Agreement, or transportation agreement between you and FedEx, or between this information and the FedEx Service Guide will be governed by the Automation Agreement, the transportation agreement and the FedEx Service Guide, in that order. Your use of this information constitutes your agreement to these terms.