|Use the Get Rates and Transit Times tool to determine the transit time and delivery options for a FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, or FedEx Express Freight shipment. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required fields.
FedEx Express and FedEx Express Freight services are available for intra-Canada and international shipments, while FedEx Ground services are available for shipments within Canada, to the US and Puerto Rico only. For additional information, view the FedEx Contact Us page for FAQs and ways to contact FedEx via e-mail, mail or phone.
Note: As the sections collapse, you can return to any section to edit information by clicking the Edit button to the right of the section heading.
Note: For a domestic shipment, see Package Information - Domestic Shipment.
Enter the quantity of packages. You may enter 1 to 25 packages.
Weight is required to determine the rate quote and transit time of your shipment. You may enter the weight in lbs. or kg. You may enter fractional weights up to one decimal place (e.g., 3.6 kg).
For FedEx Express Freight shipments, you are required to enter skid weight instead of package weight.
Please refer to the appropriate FedEx Service Guide for maximum weights allowed based on which service and package type you use for your shipment. Weight limits may vary by country.
For FedEx Express shipments, select the type of packaging from the drop-down menu. For FedEx Ground shipments, you are required to select Your packaging from the drop-down menu.
You do not need to indicate packaging type for FedEx Express Freight shipments. Skid is the default packaging type.
Dimensions are the length, width and height of your package. Although not required for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipments, entering package dimensions helps FedEx provide the most accurate rate quote and transit time possible. You do not have to complete these fields if you are using FedEx packaging. You are required to enter skid measurements for FedEx Express Freight shipments. You can enter dimensions in inches or centimetres.
Note: When the dimensional weight of a shipment exceeds the actual weight, shipping charges are based on the shipment's dimensional weight. If your shipment has a large size to weight ratio, it may be subject to this calculation and shown on the additional Notes section of the Results page. You can use the FedEx Measurement Tools to calculate your dimensional weight.
If the dimension includes a fraction of .5 or greater, it will be rounded up to the next whole number. If the dimension includes a fraction less than .5, it will be rounded down to the next whole number.
- Length = The longest side of your package.
- Width = The next longest side of your package.
- Height = The shortest side of your package.
- Length and Girth = length plus twice the height plus twice the width.
The Carriage Value is the selling price or replacement cost of your shipment's contents, which is the maximum liability in connection with a shipment of that package including, but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, nondelivery, misinformation, failure to provide information or misdelivery of information relating to the shipment.
Although it is not required, entering the Carriage Value of your shipment helps FedEx provide the most accurate rate quote and transit time possible. When you enter a Carriage Value, you may select a currency type from the drop-down menu provided.
The Carriage Value must not exceed the Customs Value. For information about Carriage Value and Customs Value for FedEx Express, FedEx Express Freight and FedEx Ground shipments, including maximum declared value limits, see the FedEx Service Guide or contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
The Customs Value is the true monetary value of your shipment. This value is used for customs clearance and may affect the transit time of your shipment. Customs Value is required for international shipments.
For information about Customs Value for FedEx shipments, including maximum declared value limits, see the FedEx Service Guide or contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
You can have up to 10 rows (maximum 10 packages per row) with a maximum 25 total packages per shipment.
Highlight the row to be deleted and click Delete row.
Certain origins and destinations for international shipments require you to select the shipment content (Letter, Products or Documents) from the drop-down menu.
- Letter: A Letter shipment may contain personal or business letters that do not have a commercial or customs value. If you choose Letter, you will not be required to enter any commodity information.
- Products or Documents: A Products or Documents shipment contains products or documents that may have a commercial or customs value. Annual reports, brochures, business or personal checks/cheques and newspapers are among a variety of documents deemed by individual governments to have a commercial or customs value. They are considered to be commodities by customs, and like products may require additional import and/or export clearance time and documentation. If you select Products or Documents, you will need to select a product or document category to describe your shipment in the Product/Commodity Description section.
If you logged in with your FedEx account number, this section displays and identifies information related to your account or the account number you would like to use to obtain your rate and transit time quote.
- Account Number: Select the appropriate account number for your shipment. The drop-down menu contains the account number you use when registering with fedex.com. You can also view rates for other accounts. In order to access other FedEx account rates, click the Your rate settings link located at the top right of the screen and request access to another account. An e-mail notification will be sent to the administrator of the account asking permission for you to view the rates. You can also invite other users to view your rates. See Your Rate Settings for more information.
- Airbill Completion Method: The method selected determines what type of electronic shipping discount (where available) is applied to your rate quote.
Select this option to choose additional FedEx Service Options for your rate quote and transit time. See Additional Service Options for more information.
Select this option to go back to the previous section.
This option will take you to the next step, depending on your Shipment Content selection.
- If you selected Letter as the shipment content, Continue takes you to the Results section to view your rate quote and transit time.
- If you selected Products or Documents as the shipment content, Continue takes you to the Product/Commodity Description section to select a description of your contents for customs clearance.
These tools help you calculate the appropriate values to enter for your shipment. Differences in actual weight, dimensions and other factors may cause rate quotes to differ from the actual charges for your shipment.
- Measurement Converter: This tool allows you to convert measurements from or to inches, feet, centimetres and metres.
- Currency Converter: This tool allows you to calculate foreign currency conversions using the Interbank rate. It should be used as a guide only.
- Dimensional Weight Converter: This tool allows you to calculate the dimensional weight of packages that may be large in size but do not weigh much.