|Use the Get Transit Times tool to determine the transit time and delivery options for a FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, or FedEx Express Freight shipment. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required fields.
FedEx Express and FedEx Express Freight services are available for intra-Canada and international shipments, while FedEx Ground services are available for shipments within Canada, to the US and Puerto Rico only. For additional information, view the FedEx Contact Us page for FAQs and ways to contact FedEx via e-mail, mail or phone.
Note: As the sections collapse, you can return to any section to edit information by clicking the Edit button to the right of the section heading.
FedEx can provide more accurate transit times when you include more detailed package information.
Weight is required to determine the transit time of your shipment. You may enter the weight in lbs. or kg. You may enter fractional weights up to one decimal place (e.g., 3.6 kg).
For FedEx Express Freight shipments, you are required to enter skid weight instead of package weight.
Please refer to the appropriate FedEx Service Guide for maximum weights allowed based on which service and package type you use for your shipment. Weight limits may vary by country.
For FedEx Express shipments, select the type of packaging from the drop-down menu. For FedEx Ground shipments, you are required to select Your packaging from the drop-down menu.
You do not need to indicate packaging type for FedEx Express Freight shipments. Skid is the default packaging type.
Dimensions are the length, width and height of your package. Although not required for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipments, entering package dimensions helps FedEx provide the most accurate transit time possible. You do not have to complete these fields if you are using FedEx packaging. You are required to enter skid measurements for FedEx Express Freight shipments. You can enter dimensions in inches or centimetres.
Note: When the dimensional weight of a shipment exceeds the actual weight, shipping charges are based on the shipment's dimensional weight. If your shipment has a large size to weight ratio, it may be subject to this calculation and shown on the additional Notes section of the Results page. You can use the FedEx Measurement Tools to calculate your dimensional weight or access fedex.com.
If the dimension includes a fraction of .5 or greater, it will be rounded up to the next whole number. If the dimension includes a fraction less than .5, it will be rounded down to the next whole number.
- Length = The longest side of your package.
- Width = The next longest side of your package.
- Height = The shortest side of your package.
- Length and Girth = length plus twice the height plus twice the width.
The Carriage Value is the selling price or replacement cost of your shipment's contents, which is the maximum liability in connection with a shipment of that package including, but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, nondelivery, misinformation, failure to provide information, or misdelivery of information relating to the shipment.
Although it is not required, entering the Carriage Value of your shipment helps FedEx provide the most accurate transit time possible. When you enter a Carriage Value, you may select a currency type from the drop-down menu provided.
For information about Carriage Value for FedEx shipments, including maximum declared value limits, see the FedEx Service Guide or contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
The Customs Value is the true monetary value of your shipment. This value is used for customs clearance and may affect the transit time of your shipment. Customs Value is required for international shipments.
For information about Customs Value for FedEx shipments, including maximum declared value limits, see the FedEx Service Guide or contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
Certain origins and destinations for international shipments require you to select the shipment content (Letter, Products or Documents) from the drop-down menu.
- Letter: A Letter shipment may contain personal or business letters that do not have a commercial or customs value. If you choose Letter, you will not be required to enter any commodity information.
- Products or Documents: A Products or Documents shipment contains products or documents that may have a commercial or customs value. Annual reports, brochures, business or personal checks/cheques and newspapers are among a variety of documents deemed by individual governments to have a commercial or customs value. They are considered to be commodities by customs, and like products may require additional import and/or export clearance time and documentation. If you select Products or Documents, you will need to select a product or document category to describe your shipment in the Product/Commodity Description section.
Select additional options for your shipment, such as Saturday Delivery or Pickup.
Select this option to go back to the previous section.
This option will take you to the next step, depending on your Shipment Content selection.
For domestic shipments:
- Continue takes you to the Results section to view your transit time.
For international shipments:
- If you selected Letter as the shipment content, Continue takes you the Results section to view your rate quote and transit time.
- If you selected Products or Documents as the shipment content, Continue takes you to the Product/Commodity Description section to select a description of your contents for customs clearance.
These tools help you calculate the appropriate values to enter for your shipment. Differences in actual weight, dimensions and other factors may cause rate quotes to differ from the actual charges for your shipment.
- Measurement Converter: This tool allows you to convert measurements from or to inches, feet, centimetres and metres.
- Dimensional Weight Converter: This tool allows you to calculate the dimensional weight of packages that may be large in size but do not weigh much.