menu at the top of each page to access the following tools:
- Help – Includes FAQs, specific instructions and additional information for the sections and processes that you see onscreen.
FedEx Customer Support
for ways to contact FedEx via email, mail, or phone.
For detailed help with sections on this application, continue reading or select one of the following specific topics:
Enter your first and last name.
This field is not mandatory, but can help the driver find the pickup location.
Use this drop-down menu to choose the country from which you are shipping.
Enter the address from which you are shipping.
If there are problems with this shipment, FedEx may need to contact the shipper for advice on necessary actions to help minimize service delays.
Enter your email address to receive confirmation of your shipment, notification when FedEx has picked up the shipment, a proof of delivery when it is delivered, and a notification of problems with delivery.
Tax ID Number:
Enter this information if you have a tax ID number as it may help in clearing your shipment through customs.
- For companies, the tax ID is the identification number such as RFC/VAT/IN/EIN/EORI, or as locally required.
- For private individuals, please enter a personal tax number or a Social Security.
Enter the recipient's first and last name. The recipient is the person that you are shipping this package to.
Enter the recipient's company name. This field is mandatory if the company is the actual recipient.
Use this drop-down menu to choose the recipient country.
Enter the recipient's address. This is the delivery address for shipment.
If there are problems with this shipment, FedEx may need to contact the recipient for advice on necessary actions to help minimize service delays.
Enter the recipient’s email address to provide notification when FedEx has picked up the shipment, when FedEx anticipates the package will be delivered, a proof of delivery when it is delivered, and a notification of problems with delivery.
Select a language other than English for your recipient’s notifications, if desired.
Tax ID Number:
Enter this information if you have the recipient’s tax ID number as it may be necessary for clearance processing.
- For companies, the tax ID is the identification number such as RFC/VAT/IN/EIN/EORI, or as locally required.
- For private individuals, please enter a personal tax number or Social Security number.
You can get this information from your recipient.
Save recipient information
FedEx account holders and registered users have the option to save the recipient’s information to their address book. Selecting this option saves the address for future use.
This is a residential address
- Update recipient: Save updates to the recipient information in the Address Book.
- Save as a new recipient: Saves the recipient address for future use.
Perform detailed address check
- Select this option to indicate that you are shipping to a residence in North America. A residential address is a home or private residence, even if a business is operated from the home.
- FedEx will automatically check the residential address box if our records indicate the address is a residence. You may choose to unselect the box. Please refer to the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.ca for more information on residential delivery surcharges.
FedEx will automatically check the recipient address for you. If the address is missing information, a suggested address will be given, or you can choose to use the address as entered.
— shipping to an incorrect address may result in an address correction surcharge. Please refer to
Customize Address Checker
to set defaults for the FedEx® Address Checker. Refer to
FedEx Address Checker
for more information about the FedEx Address Checker.
Postal code requirements
Recipient postal codes are required when shipping to certain countries. Using postal codes helps minimize delays and routes packages to destinations more efficiently. The following is a list of the countries that require a postal code as well as the correct format for each postal code. Additional and optional formats may also be acceptable. This will vary depending on the destination country.
||Optional Postal Prefix
||# Postal Code Digits
||Postal Code Pattern
A = Alpha
N = Numeric
||N- or NO-
|United Kingdom (Great Britain)
No. of packages
- FexEx Ship Manager Lite does not allow you to ship multiple packages on the same air waybill. You can only ship one package at a time.
- If your shipment contains more than one package, you will need to log in to FedEx Ship Manager™ at fedex.ca.
- You will need to be registered to use FedEx Ship Manager™ at fedex.ca. If you don’t have a user ID and password yet, sign-up is immediate.
- For account holders, data previously entered in FedEx Ship Manager™ Lite Experience will be automatically transferred to FedEx Ship Manager™ at fedex.ca and will not need to be re-entered.
Select the packaging type from the packaging icons displayed. Refer to the
New Customer Resource Centre
for detailed information on FedEx packaging; refer to
Order Supplies Online
if you need to order FedEx pouches and packaging. Please be aware that good packaging is important, especially for fragile products, to ensure your shipment arrives intact.
Select a delivery date, time and rate
- Package weight: Review or enter the weight of your shipment. FedEx may re-weigh and measure your package. Your rate may change based on actual weight or dimensions.
- If you are using your own packaging, we recommend entering the dimensions yourself.
- The minimum package dimensions are 1 in/cm for any dimension: length (L), width (W) or height (H).
- FedEx may re-weigh and measure your package(s). Your rate may change based on actual weight or dimensions.
- Package description: Select the package type from the drop-down menu for international shipments to Canada and between Canada and the United States.
- Carriage/Declared value: The Declared Value for Carriage of any Package represents the maximum liability of FedEx in connection with a shipment of that Package, including but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, any failure to provide information, or misdelivery of information relating to the Shipment. Exposure to and risk of any loss in excess of the Declared Value for Carriage is assumed by the Sender. Customers are advised to contact their insurance agent or broker for insurance coverage. Even if a higher value for carriage is declared, the liability of FedEx for loss of or damage to the contents of a shipment will not be more than the actual value of the contents of the shipment and FedEx shall be entitled to require independent proof of the value of the contents of a shipment for which a claim is made.
The carriage value must not exceed the customs value.
- Calculate rates: If you enter or change the weight, you must click this button to continue.
- Ship date: Select the date you will be shipping your package. If you are a FedEx account holder, you can select up to 10 days ahead of today’s date. If you are not an account holder, you can designate a date up to two days ahead of today’s date.
- Delivery date: Choose the delivery date for your package from the options shown. The display will also show the estimated rate, time of latest delivery, and the service type for each delivery date option.
- Saturday delivery: Select this option to have FedEx deliver your shipment on a Saturday. For U.S. and Canada domestic FedEx Express shipping, Saturday delivery service is offered for FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx 2Day to selected locations. For some services, you may be charged a special handling fee.
- Drop off and pickup options: Guests and registered users who are not FedEx account holders can drop off shipments at the location most convenient to you, or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 to schedule a pickup. The drop off location nearest your From address is displayed for your convenience. For additional drop off locations, use the Find more locations link.
FedEx account holders have additional drop off and pick up options:
- Drop off: Select this option if you plan to drop off the package at a FedEx location. The drop off location nearest to your From address is displayed. For additional drop off locations, use the Find more locations link.
- Schedule a Pickup: Select this option if you do not have a regular scheduled pickup at your location and want a FedEx courier to pick up your shipment from your address.
- The pickup address is the same as the From address. This application does not allow remote pickups.
- Verify that the ready time and latest time available suit you. Otherwise, change the time.
- Ready time: This is when the shipment will be ready for pickup.
- Latest time available: This is the latest time the courier can arrive at your location to pick up the package.
- Use an already scheduled pickup: Select this option if you have a regular pickup scheduled at your location or if you have already scheduled a pickup for previous shipments.
- Hold at FedEx location: Select this option if you want your package held for pickup at an eligible FedEx location. It's the secure, convenient way to ensure a FedEx Express® shipment arrives when and where your recipient needs it. With Hold at Location, FedEx will obtain the signature of the authorized recipient at no additional charge.
FedEx® Delivery Signature Options To request a signature when the package is delivered, select one of the following signature types. Refer to the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.ca for more information about signature options and fees.
This option may not be available for all shipments or to all destinations. Special handling fees may apply. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- None specified: Standard FedEx delivery procedures will be followed if a signature option is not selected. These procedures may include releasing a shipment without obtaining a signature. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- No signature required: FedEx may release the package without anyone present. This option may not be available for all shipments or destinations. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature in one of three ways:
- From someone at the delivery address
- From a neighbour, building manager or other person at a neighbouring address
- The recipient can authorize release of the package without anyone present
- Direct Signature Required: Someone at the recipient's address may sign for the delivery. If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery. This option may not be avilable for all shipments. Special handling fees may apply. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- Adult Signature Required: For shipments to the Canada, FedEx will obtain a signature from someone at least 19 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. For shipments to other destinations, FedEx will obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address who is at least the age of majority in the destination country. Government-issued photo identification or other identification customarily accepted by local authorities is required. In all cases, if there is no eligible recipient at the delivery address, FedEx will reattempt delivery. Special handling fees may apply. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
Select the description that best fits the contents of your shipment. If your international shipment contains products or commodities (non-documents), select
. If your international shipment contains letters, statements, applications and other types of correspondence, select
Products – Shipment Purposes
Select the shipment purpose from the drop-down menu. This information prints on the Commercial Invoice.
- Commercial, Sold (commercial) or Not Sold (commercial): Any shipment being sold or sent free of charge, from one business entity to another, for the purpose of being re-sold or otherwise consumed in the course of business.
- Gift: Any shipment containing articles to be given as an unsolicited gift, from one private individual to another private individual, which are not being shipped by a business nor consigned to a business.
- Sample: Any shipment containing articles sent free of charge and marked or mutilated or otherwise made unsuitable for sale or use except as commercial samples, shipped with the view of soliciting an order or as a mock-up to furthering an existing order from the foreign entity.
- Repair and return: Articles being shipped for repair or articles previously exported for repairs which are being returned following the repair.
- Personal effects: Any shipment containing used personal articles such as unaccompanied baggage and household goods being shipped for relocation.
- Personal use: Any shipments containing new goods for personal consumption purchased abroad and shipped back to a private individual.
Select a description from the drop-down menu that best describes your document, or select Other. If you select Other, you will need to enter additional product details below.
Some document types will require that you enter a customs value. The customs value is the sale price for the contents of the shipment if it is being sold. If the shipment is not being sold, the customs value should be the fair market value. The fair market value is the price that a seller would get from a buyer for the contents of the shipment if it were to be sold on the open market.
Visit Advanced Shipping if any of the following apply to your shipment:
Enter Product Details for Customs Purposes
- The Terms of Sale or Importer of Record need to be changed
- Additional customs documentation is needed
- Items need to be shipped with an export license/permit (e.g. B13A Canada Export Declaration)
- Items being shipped are subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Enter details for each different type of item you are shipping. You will need to complete a separate entry for each unique item in your shipment.
Commercial Invoice Summary
- Add single item description: Enter a description of one item type in your shipment. Avoid vague descriptions such as “DVD” or “clothes”. An example of an acceptable description is "Men's Shirt 100% Cotton”.
The description should always be in ENGLISH, in order to facilitate international shipments.
- How many of the same items are you sending? Enter the number of each unique item you are shipping, then select the unit of measure used to describe one unit of the item (e.g., pieces, dozen, pair).
- How much does each item weigh? Enter the weight of each unique item. The weight will be multiplied to reflect the total weight for each set of unique items.
- What is the customs value or price of each item? This is the price of your good or its fair market value. The value will be multiplied to reflect the total value for each set of unique items. Failure to declare the fair market or replacement value could results in customs fines and/or seizure of the shipment. The countries below require $1 as the minimum customs value: Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Georgia, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Slovak Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Uzbekistan and Venezuela.
- Where was the item made? Select the country where the item was originally manufactured or produced. Generally, manufacturers identify the product origin on a sticker, seal or plate affixed to the product, or print it on the packaging. This field is required by customs of the destination country.
- Update an item: Select the edit icon to edit the details of an item in the commercial invoice summary list. Then select the Update Item button to save your changes.
- Delete an item: Click the X icon that corresponds to the item in the commercial invoice summary list that you would like to delete. The item will be removed from your shipment.
- Include this Commercial Invoice with my label: Selecting this option will automatically generate a Commercial Invoice for your shipment. A Commercial Invoice is required for international shipments. By deselecting this option, you agree to include your own Commercial Invoice with your shipping label.
Ship Payment Method
Select the account to bill for the shipment from the drop-down menu.
- Select Account if you wish to pay using your 9-digit FedEx account number.
- Select Recipient Account if you want FedEx to bill the recipient using their 9-digit FedEx account number.
- Select Third party if you wish to have FedEx bill a third party pay for this shipment with their 9-digit FedEx account number.
- Select FedEx Ground® COLLECT to authorize FedEx to accept the payment type specified from the recipient at the time of delivery. Enter the required collection information.
- Select credit card if you want to pay by a FedEx-supported credit card.
The Card Security Code is located on the back of most credit or debit cards and is typically a separate group of 3 digits to the right of the signature strip. On American Express cards, the Card Security Code is a printed (NOT embossed) group of four digits on the front towards the right.
Duties and Taxes Payment Methods
Customs may assess duties and taxes on a shipment. Duties and taxes cannot be paid via credit card. The recipient will be charged for duties and taxes upon delivery unless a FedEx account number is provided.
Select the account to bill for the duties and taxes from the drop-down menu.
- Select Account if you wish to pay using your 9-digit FedEx account number. If the billing address does not match your From address, uncheck the box marked “This account’s billing address is the same as my (From) address” and enter the correct billing address.
- Select Recipient Account if you want FedEx to bill the recipient using his 9-digit FedEx account number. If the billing address does not match your recipient’s address, uncheck the box marked “This account’s billing address is the same as my Recipient’s (To) address” and enter the correct billing address.
- Select Third party if you wish to have FedEx bill a third party pay for this shipment. Enter the billing name and address that matches the 9-digit FedEx account number for the third party.
The confirmation area gives an overview of the data entered in previous steps.
At this stage, you can still make changes by clicking on the Edit button that corresponds with the section you need to edit.
If you would like to receive an email copy of the shipping label, check the box marked “Email a copy of my shipping label.” A field with your From email address will appear. Verify that this is the email address where you would like the label to be sent, or change it to a different address, if desired.
Completing Your Shipment
When you are ready to complete the shipment, click the
button. By selecting the ship button, you agree to the fedex.com
and the FedEx terms of shipping in the applicable
FedEx Service Guide
button below the tracking information on the Thank You page will automatically print the shipping label.
The appropriate number of copies (depending on your origin and destination) will be automatically produced.
Please place the label(s) in the shipping pouch and affix it to your shipment so that the bar-code portion of the label can be read and scanned.
The Thank You page will show you the tracking number for your shipment.
You may use this tracking number to track your shipment at fedex.ca. Just enter the tracking number on the homepage and hit
If you have scheduled a pickup through the application, the pickup confirmation number will be displayed on the Thank You page.
What else can you do from the confirmation screen?
Sales Tax IDs
- Cancel shipment
To cancel a shipment, just hit Cancel shipment and then confirm the cancellation. If you have scheduled a pickup together with your shipment, it will be cancelled automatically.
Important: If the shipment has already been given to FedEx, you must notify your FedEx to request cancellation of your shipment.
- Create New Shipment
Click Create New Shipment if you want to create a new shipment. You will be returned to the beginning of the shipping process.
- Find FedEx Locations
The locations nearest to your From address will be shown automatically. To find additional locations, either enter a location in the search box and click the search button or click the View all locations link.
- Include a Shipping Receipt
Check this option to generate a detailed shipping receipt. A dialog box will appear with your printable receipt.
FedEx Express GST/HST ID: 121832950RT0001
FedEx Express QST ID: 1003874920TQ0002
FedEx Ground GST/HST ID: 140728460RT0001
FedEx Ground QST ID: 1018940643TQ0001