Refer to fedex.ca
page for ways to contact FedEx via e-mail, mail, or phone.
Departments are profiles for groups of Users that are connected by function, geographical location, or other criteria, which use different FedEx account numbers or cost centers.
- Administrators can assign privileges and default options at the Department level and run shipping reports by Department.
- All Users must be assigned to a Department and automatically inherit the Department’s physical location, accounts, privileges, references, and defaults. If your company does not group Users by separate Departments, then all Users are assigned to the default Department, which is the first Department that was automatically created during the Shipping Administration registration process.
- Department settings can be customized at the User level for greater flexibility and control. Please review User Settings for more information.
- Departments: Click the Departments tab on the Shipping Administration screen, or select a Department Option on the Admin Home screen to view, edit, delete, add, import to, and export to Departments.
- Department Profile:
- On the Departments screen, select an existing Department and click Edit or Add.
- On the Admin Home screen, click Add Department, or select a Department from the Update Dept drop-down menu and click Go.
- Then, enter or edit the Department details and accounts on the Department Profile screen.
- Department Privileges:
- First, complete the Department Profile screen and click Next.
- Then select or edit the Department rights and privileges for Address Books, FedEx services, special services, and other general preferences on the Department Privileges screen.
- Department References:
- First, complete the Department Profile and Department Privileges screens and click Next.
- Select or edit the Department’s company references, validations, and defaults on the Department References screen.
- Department Defaults:
- First, complete the Department Profile, Department Privileges, and Department References screens
- Click Next.
- Then select or edit the Department’s shipping defaults, pickup/drop-off defaults, and customized options on the Department Defaults screen.
- Note: Once you have been through the Department screens, you can click Next and Previous to navigate between them.
Departments tab on the Shipping Administration screen to view a list of existing Departments.
- To Search – Enter your search criteria in the Search text box, select the field to search from the drop-down menu, and click Go.
- To View – Click All or a letter or number from the View Options section.
You can choose one of the following options:
- Select a column from the Sort By menu.
- Click a column header to sort the column in ascending or descending order.
- On the Departments screen, select an existing Department, and click Edit.
- On the Admin Home screen, select a Department from the Update Dept drop-down menu, and click Go.
- The Department Profile screen will display.
- You can click Next and Previous to edit information on the Department Profile, Department Privileges, Department References, and Department Defaults screens.
- When you are finished making changes, click Save to save the changes or Cancel to discard changes.
- Select the Department, and click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion and remove the Department from the system.
- On the Departments screen, click Add.
- On the Admin Home screen, click Add department in the Departments section.
- The Department Profile screen will display.
- Once you complete the Department Profile screen, click Next to select the Department Privileges, Department References, and Department Defaults.
- Select the Department, and click View Users.
- The Users screen will display, showing all Users assigned to that Department.
- If you want to view Users for another Department, select the Department from the Sort by Department drop-down menu.
This information is provided to you and its use is subject to the FedEx Automation Agreement under which you obtained or have been authorized to use FedEx Ship Manager™ at fedex.ca. No warranties are extended and all warranties, including without limitation, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED, regarding this information. Any conflict between this information and the Automation Agreement, or transportation agreement between you and FedEx, or between this information and the FedEx Service Guide will be governed by the Automation Agreement, the transportation agreement and the FedEx Service Guide, in that order. Your use of this information constitutes your agreement to these terms.