Special Handling Options
FedEx adds convenience to your shipping with a range of options you can request in addition to your basic FedEx Express service. Use these options for special shipping circumstances, or to specify certain handling or billing for your shipments.
Pickup - To schedule a pickup just call 0800.Go.FedEx (0800.463.3339). You'll need your FedEx Account Number and a street address. If you already have a regularly scheduled pickup, you do not need to use this service. This service is available in most metropolitan areas.
Dropoff - Find the dropoff location nearest you.
Saturday Services - Pickup or dropoff your shipment on a Saturday.
Hold at FedEx Locations - Have us hold your shipment until you're ready to pick it up.
Special Shipments - Certain materials may require special handling.
Please contact us for more information on service availability from your location.
FedEx Saturday Services
You can now pick up or drop off your shipments on Saturdays at offices across Egypt. We also deliver on Saturdays.
- Arrange Saturday pickup for Monday delivery to the US and Western Europe
- Saturday pickup from 0800 to 1800
- Saturday dropoff from 0800 to 1800
- Saturday delivery to all residential and commercial addresses
Hold at FedEx Location Service
Use this option if you need your package earlier than the scheduled delivery time, or if you won't be available to receive a delivery.
To request it, mark the "Hold at FedEx location" box on the FedEx Air Waybill and write the recipient street address and phone number on the air waybill.
This service option is available at selected locations; please contact our Customer Service for details.
FedEx Special Shipments
Helpful Resources for Special Shipments
The world of FedEx covers a broad spectrum of shipping services. There are a number of shipments that require special care or that may not be accepted by FedEx, or by the importing or exporting countries. Please contact us for more information.
Materials listed below may require special handling, or may not be accepted:
- Dangerous Goods: A number of items fall under this category such as aerosol sprays, airbags, ammunition, butane, car batteries, cologne, dry ice, fireworks, etc. These items are not allowed for shipment to or from Egypt.
- Live Animals: Live animals are not allowed for shipment to or from Egypt.
- Perishable Goods: This category includes foods and beverages that require refrigeration or other environmental control. These items are not allowed for shipment to or from Egypt.
- Human Body Parts: Human body parts are not allowed for shipment to or from Egypt.
- Explosives: This is considered a Dangerous Goods item. Dangerous Goods items are prohibited for shipment to or from Egypt.
- Money: This category includes any currency, both paper money and coins. These items are not allowed for shipment to or from Egypt.
- Liquor: This includes any alcoholic beverage for human consumption. Liquor is prohibited for shipment to or from Egypt.