menu at the top of each page to access the following tools:
- Help with this page – Includes FAQs, specific instructions and additional information for the sections and processes you see on the screen.
- Interactive Help Guide – Offers a demo, the ability to practice using our applications, assistance during actual transactions, a printable User Guide and “What’s New” information.
FedEx Customer Support
for ways to contact FedEx via email, mail, or phone.
Bill of Lading Shipment Details
Enter as much information as possible about your shipment. Required fields are noted with an asterisk(*).
- Shipper’s Bill of Lading no. — if applicable, enter a Bill of Lading number for your records
- Purchase Order number — if applicable, enter a PO number for your records
- Description — select a saved BOL line item or enter descriptive information about each piece of your shipment. To add internal reference information, click Add Reference and enter additional details in the reference field.
- HazMat — check this box if your shipment contains hazardous materials. Note — you will be required to enter an emergency contact name and phone number.
- Handling Units (Moveable pieces) — let us know the number of primary handling units in the total shipment, select the packaging type that best describes your shipment, and enter the total number of pieces included in the shipment
- Weight — select the unit of measure for your shipment (default measurement is lbs) and enter the total weight of the shipment
- Class – let us know the class designation for your shipment, between 50 and 500. For assistance determining your shipment’s class designation, please use the LTL Freight Classification Tool or contact Customer Service at 1.866.393.4585. Be sure to note each commodity separately.
- Dimensions — select the unit of measure for your shipment (default measurement is inches), then enter the length, width, and height of the shipment. Alternatively, you can enter cubic volume by clicking the Switch to cubic volume link. To use a dimension profile saved earlier or to create a dimension profile for use later click the Access dimension profile link.
- NMFC — enter the National Motor Freight Classification item number here. For help determining your commodity classification number, please contact Customer Service at 1.866.393.4585.
- Save item — to save a line item for future use, check the Save item box associated with the line you would like to save. Your BOL line item will be saved once you create your Bill of Lading.
- Delete row — Use the delete row link to delete rows that need to be removed from your shipment.
Use the add row button to add additional goods to your shipment.
Total handling units
Add the number of handling units in your shipment and enter the total.
Displays the sum of the weights of each row in the shipment detail table.
Hazmat Contact Name
When sending hazardous materials, an emergency response provider person name or contract number is required.
Hazmat Contact Phone
When sending hazardous materials, an emergency phone number is required.
This information is provided to you and its use is subject to the FedEx Automation Agreement under which you obtained or have been authorized to use FedEx Ship Manager
at fedex.com. No warranties are extended and all warranties, including without limitation, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED, regarding this information. Any conflict between this information and the Automation Agreement, or transportation agreement between you and FedEx, or between this information and the FedEx Service Guide will be governed by the Automation Agreement, the transportation agreement and the FedEx Service Guide, in that order. Your use of this information constitutes your agreement to these terms.