FedEx Ship Manager
offers Shipping Administration users 3 types of address book options: Personal Address Book, Shared Address Book, and Central Address Book. Each user's access to one or more of the address book types is determined by the Shipping Administrator when the administrator adds or updates the user's profile.
- Personal Address Book—This address book contains the user's own list of recipients. Each user can add, change, and delete users from their Personal Address Book.
- Shared Address Book—If the administrator provides the appropriate permissions, a user can view the address book of another Shipping Administration user, but cannot make any changes to it. To view a Shared Address Book, the user first selects this option and then enters the Shipping Administration User ID of the person who is sharing their address book.
- Central Address Book—This address book contains a list of recipients available to all Shipping Administration users associated with the same company ID. If a Central Address Book is in use, recipients display with a user's personal addresses in the drop-down menu selections on the Ship screen.
The FedEx Ship Manager Central Address Book allows an administrator to set up a company-wide address book by selecting recipients from their Personal Address Book. Up to 15,000 recipients can be stored in the Central Address Book, along with all of their shipping defaults. If Shipping Administration users are given the privilege to use the Central Address Book in their user profile, then they will be able to access the Central Address Book from their Address Book screen and from the drop-down menu selections on the Ship screen. Shipping Administration users without administrative privileges will not be able to add, modify, or delete recipients in the Central Address Book.
Central Address Book recipients cannot be customized. Groups cannot be created or accessed in the Central Address Book.
To access the Central Address Book, click on the
tab on the primary navigation bar. When the Personal Address Book displays, click
in the secondary navigation bar. The Central Address Book screen displays.
To ship to a recipient in the Central Address Book, select the recipient and click
. The recipient information auto-populates the Ship screen. Alternatively, select the recipient from the drop-down menu options on the Ship screen.
Shipping Administrators can perform the following functions on the Central Address Book from this screen:
- Move Central Address Book entries from the Central Address Book to their Personal Address Book by selecting the recipient(s) and clicking Move to personal.
- Create a new Central Address Book entry by selecting Create new address at the bottom of the screen. Enter all address information and all optional address information. Click Save/Update. Note: The instructions for adding a new recipient to the Central Address Book are the same as those for adding a new entry to the Personal Address Book. Please refer to this section of help for details.
- Delete entries from Central Address Book by selecting the Central Address Book entries and clicking Delete.
- Edit Central Address Book recipients by selecting the recipient(s) and clicking Edit. Alternatively, select the recipient using the hyperlink. Make changes and click Save/Update.
- Duplicate Central Address Book entries by selecting the recipient(s) and clicking Duplicate.
- Check the address of a recipient by selecting the recipient and clicking Check address.
- Customize your Central Address Book by clicking Customize. Use the resulting Customize screen to rearrange columns, control the number of entries per page, and turn confirmation messages on or off.
- Import addresses in to your Central Address Book by clicking Import. When the Import Addresses screen displays, click Browse in the File to import field and select the appropriate file to import (e.g., ASCII). Select the type of import file in the File type drop-down menu. Select Add to Address Book or Replace Address Book in the Import option field. Click Import.
- Export addresses from your Central Address Book by selecting specific recipients or all of the recipients (records). Click Export. When the Export Central Address Book screen displays, you can export all of the records or selected records based on your selection. In the File format field, confirm that the default format (.csv) displays. Click Export. Note: If there are multiple Shipping Administrators, all of the administrators will be able to edit, delete, or move the recipient back to their Personal Address Book. If the recipient is removed from the Central Address Book by selecting Move to personal, the recipient will be moved to the administrator's address book.
This information is provided to you and its use is subject to the FedEx Automation Agreement under which you obtained or have been authorized to use FedEx Ship Manager @ fedex.com. No warranties are extended and all warranties, including without limitation, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED, regarding this information. Any conflict between this information and the Automation Agreement, or transportation agreement between you and FedEx, or between this information and the FedEx Service Guide will be governed by the Automation Agreement, the transportation agreement and the FedEx Service Guide, in that order. Your use of this information constitutes your agreement to these terms.