The Preferences screen lets you quickly and easily set default information about yourself, the shipments you create, and the FedEx Ship Manager features you want to use regularly. If you often select the same options when creating FedEx shipments, then setting defaults on the Preference screen can help you process your shipments faster.
From the Preferences screen, you can also access the Dimensions profile screen by clicking the
link in the secondary navigation bar. For more information about Dimensions profiles,
Note for Passkey Users (U.S. Only): If you are a Passkey user, your Passkey administrator determines what preferences display on your Preference screen. Depending on the selections your administrator makes, you might or might not see some of the Preferences features discussed below.
IMPORTANT: After you make your selections on the Preferences screen, make sure you exit the screen by clicking Save/Update in the lower right portion of the screen. If you simply click on another tab at the top of the screen, your preference changes will not be saved.
The instructions below will help you set the defaults you need on the Preference screen. There are no required entries on this screen, so you can select only the options you need.
- Shipping profile—In this section you can review and edit the default information used as your sender information when you create a shipment. Click Edit profile to make changes to your profile in a popup window. Note for Passkey Users (U.S. Only): If you are a Passkey user, your shipping profile is controlled by your Passkey administrator. Therefore, you can view your profile, but you cannot make changes.
- Customize your features—This section contains the following options:
- Your preferences default to using a laser or inkjet printer for label printing, but you can choose to use a thermal label printer instead. (Note: The thermal printer option is not available in all countries.) If you click the radio button for Thermal printer, or if you click the button labeled Set up thermal printer, a popup window containing thermal printer setup instructions displays. Two thermal printer types are supported. SElect either the ZP 500 or LP 2844 from the drop-down menu. (FedEx does not provide thermal printers for its FedEx Ship Manager customers, but information about how to get a thermal printer can be found in the setup instructions.) Note: If you choose a thermal printer but plan to ship packages internationally, you will also need a laser or inkjet printer connected to your computer to print any required international shipping documents.
- You can choose to use a scale with FedEx Ship Manager to have package weight information automatically entered in the weight field on the main shipping screen. (Note: The Use scale option is not available in all countries.) If you click the radio button for Use scale, or if you click the button labeled Scale information, a popup window containing scale setup instructions displays. (FedEx does not provide scales for its FedEx Ship Manager customers, but information about how to get a scale can be found in the setup instructions.)
- If you choose to Enable processing of pending shipments (U.S. and Canada only), a checkbox displays on your main shipping screen that allows you to enter information about a shipment ahead of time and save the completed shipping transaction for later processing. Select the date for your pending shipment from the Ship date pull-down list in the More shipment details section of the ship screen. Once you begin creating pending shipments, a Pending Shipment log displays in the secondary navigation bar of the Track/History screen. Labels for pending shipments can be created from this log.
- Checking the Remind me to print pending shipments (U.S. and Canada only) checkbox causes a reminder to be displayed on days when you have pending shipments scheduled to be processed.
- Checking the Remind me to print Ground Manifest checkbox causes a reminder to be displayed to print the FedEx Ground Shipping Manifest.
- Click the Enable processing of return shipments checkbox to allow the use of FedEx Return Services. These services include processing a return label along with your outbound shipping label, e-mailing a return label to your customer that can then be printed directly from your customer's desk, or arranging for FedEx to create and deliver your return shipping label directly to your customer and collect the item for return. This feature is available for U.S. shippers only.
- The two options to Enable additional handling charges for Express shipments and Enable additional handling charges for Ground shipments (U.S. and Canada origins only, excluding Puerto Rico) allow a shipper to calculate additional amounts they intend to charge their customers in addition to the actual FedEx shipping charges. These are not additional shipping charges added by FedEx and are not paid to FedEx. Click Edit to specify what fixed amount or variable percent amount should be calculated as additional handling charges for each shipment.
- Click the Enable service notification selector checkbox to receive notification of the delivery commitment time and any surcharges resulting from the origin and destination of the shipment. This feature is available for FedEx Express Freight services only.
- If you choose the Enable SED/EEI data import from FedEx Agent Filing Tool checkbox, a Get SED/EEI data button will display on your main shipping screen. This button allows you to import SED/EEI information for completed SED/EEI requests filed using the FedEx Agent Filing Tool. This feature is available for U.S. Outbound FedEx Express and FedEx Express Freight services only.
- For Intra-European Union shipments, you can specify whether or not you want to create a commercial invoice for each shipment.
- Customize your screens—The options in this section allow you to decide the following:
- Whether you want to see a popup showing your shipment details before creating the shipping label.
- Whether you want to automatically go to the shipment options screen each time after making your entries on the main ship screen.
- Whether you want the recipient ID field to display on the main ship screen.
- Whether you want rate quotes to display list rates in addition to your account specific rates (if applicable).
- Pickup address—You can use this feature to indicate a pickup address that is different than your default sender address.
- Default shipping information—In this section you can specify the default shipping options that you want to appear on the main ship screen each time you create a shipment.
- Pickup/Dropoff—In this section you can specify a default selection for how you intend to get your shipment to FedEx.
- Additionally, you can use the buttons at the bottom of the Preference screen as follows:
- Click Clear fields to empty all text entry fields and to reset all checkboxes and other selections to their original defaults.
- Click Cancel to go to the main ship screen without saving any of your preference changes.
- Click Save/Update to save the preference changes you made.
You can access the Dimensions profile screen by clicking the
link in the secondary navigation bar at the top of the Preferences screen.
The Dimensions profile screen allows you to create a database of up to 20 shipment dimensions if you routinely use standard-sized packaging for your FedEx shipments. Each profile contains length, width, and height dimensions specified in either inches or centimeters, and has a description of your choosing.
Once created, the profiles can be selected from the Dimensions pull-down list on the main Ship screen.
This information is provided to you and its use is subject to the FedEx Automation Agreement under which you obtained or have been authorized to use FedEx Ship Manager @ fedex.com. No warranties are extended and all warranties, including without limitation, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED, regarding this information. Any conflict between this information and the Automation Agreement, or transportation agreement between you and FedEx, or between this information and the
FedEx Service Guide
will be governed by the Automation Agreement, the transportation agreement and& the
FedEx Service Guide
, in that order. Your use of this information constitutes your agreement to these terms.