To send a shipment using FedEx
Express International, FedEx International Ground
(U.S. and Canada only), or FedEx
Express International Freight (U.S. outbound only), complete the following sections to create the shipping label you'll use to ship your package:
- Recipient information—Enter the information for each field or select an entry from the Recipient ID, Company name, or Contact name drop-down menu. The software automatically fills in the appropriate recipient fields and refreshes the screen to display the international fields if the recipient is outside of the U.S. You can also select This is a residential address (not available for all countries), Save in/update my address book, and Add to my Fast Ship profiles as required.
- Billing details—Enter the person or company paying for the shipment. If you select Recipient or Third party, enter the account number to bill for the shipment. Any reference information will display on the invoice.
- Package and shipment details—Select the Service type, Package type, and Number of packages from the drop-down menus. Enter the weight of the package in pounds or kilograms and the dimensions in inches or centimeters. Enter the declared value and select the currency from the drop-down menu. In the Package contains section, select Documents if you are shipping documents that may or may not have an associated customs value. Select a description from the drop-down menu or select Correspondence/No Customs Value. If you are shipping nondocuments or documents with a value, select Products/commodities for shipments that include any materials sold to or salable to the recipient. A products/commodities shipment requires additional information. To continue, click Continue to display the Product/Commodity Information screen. (See Product/Commodity Information for detailed information.)
Note: For FedEx Express International Freight shipments, select the Number of skids from the drop-down menu. Enter the total pieces on skid and booking confirmation number as required.
- Shipment notification—To send an email to yourself or others with shipment details, enter the appropriate email addresses, select the notification language, select the type of notifications you want to send (Shipment, Exception, Delivery), select the format, and add a personal message as required.
- More shipment details—Select the date you want FedEx to pick up your shipment or the date you will drop off the shipment at a FedEx location. You can request a ship date up to 10 days in advance. For FedEx Express International Freight shipments, you can specify when the shipment will be ready for pickup. You can also select the following options:
- Process return label—Allows you to print both outbound and return label the same time.
- Link outbound and return tracking—Allows you to track outbound and return shipments simultaneously.
- Create as Pending Shipment—Allows you to enter all shipment information ahead of time and print the labels when your packages are ready to be shipped.
- Go to options—To Select Additional Options, click Go to options. The appropriate Options screen displays.
- Continue—If you selected Documents and have completed all of your required information for that shipment, click Continue to display and print the label. Attach it to your shipment. If you selected Products/commodities and have completed all of your required information for that shipment, click Continue to display the Product/Commodity Information screen. (See Product/Commodity Information for detailed information.)
- Bottom-left Buttons
- Click Clear fields to clear the text in the fields.
- Click Check recipient address to confirm a recipient's address, using the Address Checker. (This button displays for U.S. and Puerto Rican destinations only.)
- Click Change sender address to change your default sender address information.
- Click Get courtesy rate to find out shipping costs before you ship your package.
- Click Check for denied party to access the Denied Party Screening tool. This tool retrieves potential matches from governmental lists of countries, individuals, companies, or other organizations that have had economic and trade sanctions imposed against them. (This button displays for U.S. and Puerto Rican origin shipments only.)