To process a domestic FedEx Express
, FedEx Ground
, FedEx Home Delivery
, or FedEx
Express Freight shipment
within the U.S.
or a domestic FedEx Express
or FedEx Ground
, complete the following sections to create the shipping label you'll use to ship your package:
- Recipient information—Enter the information for each field or select an entry from the Recipient ID (formerly nickname), Company name, or Contact name drop-down menu. The software automatically fills in the appropriate recipient fields. You can also select Perform detailed address checking, This is a residential address, Save in/update my address book, and Add to my Fast Ship profiles as required.
- Billing details—Enter the person or company paying for the shipment. If you select Recipient or Third Party, enter the account number to bill for the shipment. Any reference information will display on the invoice.
- Package and shipment details—Select the Service type, Package type, and Number of packages from the drop-down menus. Enter the weight of the package in pounds and enter the dimensions as required. Enter the declared value (optional) and select the currency from the drop-down menu.
Note: For FedEx Express Freight shipments, select the Number of skids from the drop-down menu. Enter the total pieces on skid and booking confirmation number as required.
Note: For FedEx Ground and FedEx Express Freight shipments, the Type of packaging field defaults to Your packaging.
- Shipment notification—To send an email to yourself or others with shipment details, enter the appropriate email addresses, select the notification language, select the type of notifications you want to send (Shipment, Exception, Delivery), select the format, and add a personal message as required.
- More shipment details—Select the date you want FedEx to pick up your shipment or the date you will drop off the shipment at a FedEx location. You can request a ship date up to 10 days in advance. You can also select the following options. These options will appear if selected from the Preferences screen.
- Process return label—Allows you to print both outbound and return label the same time.
- Link outbound and return tracking—Allows you to track outbound and return shipments simultaneously.
- Create as Pending Shipment—Allows you to enter all shipment information ahead of time and print the labels when your packages are ready to be shipped.
- Go to options—To Select Additional Options, click Go to options. The appropriate Options screen displays.
- Continue—If you have completed all of your required information, click Continue to view and print the label. Attach it to your shipment.
- Bottom-left Buttons
- Click Clear fields to clear the text in the fields.
- Click Change sender address to change your default sender address information.
- Click Get courtesy rate to find out shipping costs before you process your shipment.