- Special services—Select the services required for your shipment. If you are shipping FedEx Express services, you can choose special delivery options that are available for your shipment. If you are shipping FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery, the Options screen displays unique Special services for each shipping service. Click Edit on designated fields to enter more information as required.
- FedEx® Delivery Signature Options—Complete the FedEx Delivery Signature Options section by choosing the signature type from the Select signature type drop-down menu. You may choose from the following types:
- Deliver without Signature—This signature type is the default for FedEx residential deliveries and authorizes FedEx to leave your shipment in the event the recipient is not available to sign for it. When you select this option, you waive your right to hold FedEx responsible for any resulting claims. (Not available for FedEx Express Freight.)
- Indirect Signature Required—FedEx obtains a signature from any person at the delivery address or from any person at a neighboring address. The recipient can also leave a signed FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present. Available to residential addresses only. To access this Signature option, you must check This is a residential address on the main Ship screen. (U.S. and Canada Only)
- Direct Signature Required—FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address and reattempts delivery if no one is available to sign for the package.
- Adult Signature Required—FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address who is at least 21 years old and who has government-issued photo identification as proof of age. FedEx reattempts delivery if no one is available to sign for the package.
- Shipping options—Select a pickup or drop-off option. Click Find location to find the nearest FedEx drop-off location. For FedEx Express and FedEx Ground email label return shipments, selecting Will drop off at FedEx location will hide the online pickup scheduling option when the end user retrieves the email labels.
- FedEx Express reference information—Complete this section as needed. (For FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments, the section title changes to FedEx Ground reference information.) Note that if you entered information into the Your reference field on the main shipping screen, that same information displays in the Your reference field in this section.
- FedEx InSight®—To manage shipment details, select Block shipment data to prohibit your recipient and third-party payers from viewing information about your shipment.
- Continue—If you have completed all of your required information and want to display/print the bar code label, click Continue to print the label. Attach it to your shipment.