To process a domestic FedEx Express
, FedEx Ground
, FedEx Home Delivery
within the U.S.
, complete the following sections to create a printed, e-mail, or driver (FedEx Express Tag or FedEx Ground Call Tag) return label:
- Return package to—Enter the information for each field or select an entry from the Company name or Contact name drop-down menu. The software automatically fills in the appropriate recipient fields. You can also select Perform detailed address checking, This is a residential address, and Save in/update my address book as required.
- Return package from—Enter the information for each field or select an entry from the Company name or Contact name drop-down menu. The software automatically fills in the appropriate recipient fields. You can also select This is a residential address and Save in/update my address book as required.
- Package and shipment details—Select the Return label type, Service type, Package type, and Number of Packages from the drop-down menus. Enter the weight of the package in pounds and enter the dimensions as required. Enter the declared value (optional) and select the currency from the drop-down menu. Additional fields will be required depending on the type of return label you choose.
- If you select Email label, the Email label to, Item description, and Expiration date fields display. The URL to access the e-mail label is valid for up to 30 calendar days.
- If you select Express Tag, the Pickup date, Ready Time, and Close Time fields display. The Special services and Reference information sections also display.
- If you select Ground Call Tag, the Pickup date, Ready time, and Close time fields display. The Reference information section also displays.
- Billing details—Enter the person or company paying for the shipment. If you select Third Party, enter the account number to bill for the shipment. Any reference information will display on the invoice.
- More shipment details—Additional information required to process your return shipment is located in this area. To Select Additional Options, click Go to options. The appropriate Options screen displays.
Note: Additional options for FedEx Express Tags and Ground Call Tags are displayed in the Return Shipment screen.
- Continue—If you have completed all of your required information and want to display/print the bar code label, click Continue to print the label. Attach it to your shipment.
- Bottom-left Buttons
- Click Clear fields to clear the text in the fields.
- Click Get courtesy rate to find out shipping costs before you process your shipment.