menu at the top of each page to access the following tools:
- Help – Includes FAQs, specific instructions and additional information for the sections and processes you see on the screen.
- Chat – Gives you the opportunity to chat online with a FedEx Technical Support Agent.
FedEx Customer Support
for ways to contact FedEx via email, mail, or phone.
For detailed help with sections on this application, continue reading or select one of the following specific topics:
Enter your first and last name.
This field is not mandatory but can help the courier locate the place to pick up the package.
Use this drop-down menu to choose the country from which you are shipping. This is the origin country for your shipment and not necessarily the one where your FedEx account is set up.
Enter the address from which you are shipping.
If there are problems with this shipment, FedEx may need to contact the shipper for advice on necessary actions to help minimize service delays.
Enter your email address to receive confirmation of your shipment, notification when FedEx has picked up the shipment, a proof of delivery when it's delivered, and a notification of problems with delivery.
Tax ID Number:
Enter this information if you have a tax ID number as it may help in clearing your shipment through customs.
- For companies, the tax ID is the identification number such as GST/RFC/VAT/IN/EIN/EORI, or as locally required.
- For private individuals, please enter the personal tax number or Social Security number of your recipient.
Enter the recipient's first and last name. The recipient is the person that you are shipping this package to.
Enter the recipient's company name. This field is mandatory if the company is the actual recipient.
Use this drop-down menu to choose the recipient country.
Enter the recipient's address. This is the delivery address for shipment.
If there are problems with this shipment, FedEx may need to contact the recipient for advice on necessary actions to help minimize service delays.
Enter the recipient’s email address to provide notification when FedEx has picked up the shipment, when FedEx anticipates the package will be delivered, a proof of delivery when it's delivered, and a notification of problems with delivery.
Select a language other than English for your recipient’s notifications, if desired.
Tax ID Number:
Enter this information if you have the recipient’s tax ID number as it may be necessary for clearance processing.
- For companies, the tax ID is the identification number such as GST/RFC/VAT/IN/EIN/EORI, or as locally required.
- For private individuals, please enter the personal tax number or Social Security number of your recipient.
You can get this information from your recipient.
Save recipient information
FedEx account holders and registered users have the option to save the recipient’s information to their address book. Selecting this option saves the recipient for future use.
This is a residential address
- Update recipient: Save updates to the recipient information in the Address Book.
- Save as a new recipient: Saves the recipient for future use.
Perform detailed address check
- Select this option to indicate that you are shipping to a residence within the U.S. instead of a business address. A residential address is a home or private residence, even if a business is operated from the home.
- FedEx will automatically check the residential address box if our records indicate the address is a residence. You may choose to deselect the box. Please refer to the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.com for more information on residential delivery surcharges.
- Residential deliveries for most shipments no longer require a signature for FedEx Express® deliveries unless you select a FedEx® Delivery Signature Option.
FedEx will automatically check the recipient address for you. If the address is missing information, a suggested address will be given, or you can choose to use the address as entered.
— shipping to an incorrect address may result in an address correction surcharge. Please refer to
Customize Address Checker
to set defaults for the FedEx® Address Checker. Refer to
FedEx Address Checker
for more information about the FedEx Address Checker.
Postal code requirements and countries affected
Recipient postal codes are required when shipping to certain countries. Using postal codes helps minimize delays and routes packages to destinations more efficiently. The following is a list of the countries that require a postal code as well as the correct format for each postal code. Additional and optional formats may also be acceptable. This will vary depending on the destination country.
||Optional Postal Prefix
||# Postal Code Digits
||Postal Code Pattern
A = Alpha
N = Numeric
||N- or NO-
|United Kingdom (Great Britain)
U.S. domestic shippers can select FedEx One Rate
Standard List Rates. Either option can be used with or without a FedEx account. International shipments will only use FedEx Standard Rates at this time.
No. of packages
- FedEx One Rate: Select this option to use FedEx® packaging without needing to weigh your shipment. FedEx One Rate shipments can only be shipped via FedEx Express. Rates will be determined based on a three-zone pricing map. U.S. domestic shipments only.
- FedEx Standard Rates: Select this option to use your own packaging and to have access to all FedEx delivery options, including next day morning; FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services.
Enter the weight of your shipment. FedEx may re-weigh and measure your package. Your rate may change based on actual weight or dimensions.
- FedEx Standard Rates are inclusive of FedEx Standard List Rates and Account-Specific Rates. The FedEx Standard Rate quote you receive is based on package weight entered, dimensions and other shipment details. For additional information on how shipping charges are calculated, please refer to the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.com.
- FedEx One Rate is a FedEx Express U.S. domestic pricing option which is inclusive of any applicable residential surcharges, delivery area surcharges and fuel surcharge. Standard account discounts are not applicable to FedEx One Rate pricing. Shippers are required to use FedEx packaging and standard U.S. express shipping services (FO, PO, SO, E2, E2AM and ESP). For additional information about FedEx One Rate, please refer to the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.com.
- Refer to the FedEx Express Terms and Conditions for more information about rates.
- FedEx Ship Manager® Lite does not allow you to ship multiple packages on the same air waybill. You can only ship one package at a time.
- If your shipment contains more than one package, you will need to log in to FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com.
- You will need to be registered to use FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com. If you don’t have a user ID and password yet, sign-up is easy.
- For account holders, data previously entered in Lite Experience will be automatically transferred to FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com and will not need to be re-entered.
Select the packaging type from the packaging icons displayed. Refer to the
FedEx Service Guide
at fedex.com for detailed information on FedEx packaging; refer to
Order Supplies Online
if you need to order FedEx pouches and packaging. Please be aware that good packaging is important, especially for fragile products, to ensure your shipment arrives intact.
- While weight is not considered in FedEx One Rate pricing, all packaging has a physical weight limit. To help ensure your package arrives safely and undamaged, please observe the following weight limits for packaging.
- FedEx One Rate shipping (U.S. domestic shipments only, additional restrictions may apply)
- envelope: 10 lbs, pak: 20 lbs, small Box: 20 lbs, medium box: 20 lbs, tube: 20 lbs, large box: 30 lbs, extra large box: 50 lbs
- Weight exceeding 10 lbs for envelopes and 50 lbs for paks and boxes may result in additional charges.
- Packaging that has been overfilled may result in additional charges or rerating.
- FedEx Standard Rates
- Envelope: 8 oz, Pak: 20 lbs, Small Box: 20 lbs, Medium Box: 20 lbs, Tube: 20 lbs, Large Box: 20 lbs, X-Large Box: 20 lbs, Your Packaging: 150 lbs
- For shipments greater than 150 lbs, please use Advanced Shipping.
Select a delivery date, time and rate
- Package weight: Review or enter the weight of your shipment. FedEx may re-weigh and measure your package. Your rate may change based on actual weight or dimensions.
- If you are using your own packaging, we recommend entering the dimensions yourself.
- The minimum package dimensions are 1 in/cm for any dimension: length (L), width (W) or height (H).
- FedEx may re-weigh and measure your package(s). Your rate may change based on actual weight or dimensions.
- Package description: Select the package type from the drop-down menu.
- Package contents: Select Documents if your international shipment contains letters, statements, applications and other types of correspondence that are not for resale. If your shipment contains products or documents for resale, select Products.
- Content description: Describe each item you are shipping in the package, separated by a comma. Avoid vague descriptions such as “CD” or “clothes”. An example of an acceptable description is "Men's Shirt 100% Cotton”. The description should always be in ENGLISH, in order to facilitate international shipments.
- Document description: Select a description from the drop-down menu that best describes your document, or click Other and enter your description in the text box. Be sure to enter a specific and detailed description of your documents. To minimize the risk of customs delays, avoid any vague terminology such as "documents." An example of an acceptable description is “Birth Certificate”. The description should always be in ENGLISH, in order to facilitate international shipments.
- Nota fiscal/declaração: For Brazil intra-country shipments, a nota fiscal number is required.
- Commercial invoice no.: For Colombia intra-country shipments, enter a commercial invoice number. Domestic shipments over 5 kilograms require either a commercial invoice or a signed affidavit stating a commercial invoice is not required.
- Shipment purpose: Select the shipment purpose from the drop-down menu.
- Commercial (sold): Any shipment being sold or sent free of charge, from one business entity to another, for the purpose of being re-sold or otherwise consumed in the course of business.
- Personal use (not sold): Any shipments containing new goods for personal consumption purchased abroad and shipped back to a private individual.
- Customs/Invoice value: For intra-India, an invoice value is required. For UAE/AE shipments, a customs/invoice value is optional.
- Carriage/Declared value:The Declared Value for Carriage of any package represents the maximum liability of FedEx in connection with a shipment of that package, including but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, any failure to provide information, or misdelivery of information relating to the Shipment. Exposure to and risk of any loss in excess of the Declared Value for Carriage is assumed by the Sender. Customers are advised to contact their insurance agent or broker for insurance coverage. Even if a higher value for carriage is declared, the liability of FedEx for loss of or damage to the contents of a shipment will not be more than the actual value of the contents of the shipment and FedEx shall be entitled to require independent proof of the value of the contents of a shipment for which a claim is made.
The carriage value must not exceed the customs value.
For more information about the declared/carriage value, please refer to the FedEx Conditions of Carriage.
- Calculate rates: If you enter or change the weight, you must click this button to continue.
- Ship date: Select the date you will be shipping your package. If you are a FedEx account holder, you can select up to 10 days ahead of today’s date. If you are not an account holder, you can designate a date up to two days ahead of today’s date.
- Delivery date: Choose the delivery date for your package from the options shown. The display will also show the estimated rate, time of latest delivery, and the service type for each delivery date option.
- Saturday delivery: Select this option to have FedEx deliver your shipment on a Saturday.For U.S. and Canada domestic FedEx Express shipping, Saturday delivery service is offered for FedEx First Overnight®, FedEx Priority Overnight®, and FedEx 2Day® to selected locations. Contact your local FedEx Office for information about the selected locations that deliver on Saturdays. For some services, you may be charged a special handling fee.
- Dropoff and pickup options: Guests and registered users who are not FedEx account holders can drop off shipments at the location most convenient to you. The drop off location nearest your From address is displayed for your convenience. For additional drop off locations, use the Find more locations link.
FedEx account holders have additional drop off and pick up options:
- Drop off: Select this option to if you plan to drop off the package at a FedEx location. The drop off location nearest to your From address is displayed. For additional drop off locations, use the Find more locations link.
- Schedule a Pickup: Select this option if you do not have a regular scheduled pickup at your location and want a FedEx courier to pick up your shipment from your address. This feature is available for account holders. Non-account holders can call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 to schedule a pickup.
- The pickup address is the same as the From address. This application does not allow remote pickups.
- Verify that the ready time and latest time available suit you. Otherwise, use the drop-down menus to change the time. Ready time: This is when the shipment will be ready for pickup.
Latest time available: This is the latest time the courier can arrive at your location to pick up the package.
- Use an already scheduled pickup: Select this option if you have a regular pickup scheduled at your location or if you have already scheduled a pickup for previous shipments.
- Battery shipment: Select this option for FedEx Ground® shipments which contain a battery or batteries but are not fully regulated and do not require a hazardous materials shipping paper according to the U.S. Department of Transportation. This would include lithium batteries, nonspillable batteries and nickel metal batteries, including those packed in equipment such as portable consumer electronic devices. FedEx can help you determine if the commodity you are shipping is a fully regulated hazardous material or dangerous good. Please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 and press “81” to reach the FedEx Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Material Hotline.
- Hold at FedEx Location: Select this option if you want your package held for pickup at an eligible FedEx location. It's the secure, convenient way to ensure a FedEx Express® or FedEx Ground® shipment arrives when and where your recipient needs it. With Hold at FedEx Location, FedEx will obtain the signature of the authorized recipient at no additional charge.
- FedEx® Delivery Signature Options To request a signature when the package is delivered, select one of the following signature types. Refer to the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.com for more information about signature options and fees.
- None specified: Standard FedEx delivery procedures will be followed if a signature option is not selected. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- No signature required: FedEx may release the package without anyone present. This option may not be available for all shipments or destinations. Se the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature in one of three ways:
This option may not be available for all shipments or to all destinations. Special handling fees may apply. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- From someone at the delivery address
- From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address
- The recipient can authorize release of the package without anyone present
- Direct Signature Required: Someone at the recipient's address may sign for the delivery. If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery. This option may not be avilable for all shipments. Special handling fees may apply. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
- Adult Signature Required: For shipments to the U.S., FedEx will obtain a signature from someone at least 21 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. For shipments to other destinations, FedEx will obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address who is at least the age of majority in the destination country. Government-issued photo identification or other identification customarily accepted by local authorities is required. In all cases, if there is no eligible recipient at the delivery address, FedEx will reattempt delivery. Special handling fees may apply. See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.
Select the description that best fits the contents of your shipment. If your international shipment contains products or commodities (non-documents), select
. If your international shipment contains letters, statements, applications and other types of correspondence, select
Products – Shipment Purposes
Select the shipment purpose from the drop-down menu. This information prints on the Commercial Invoice.
- Commercial: Any shipment being sold or sent free of charge, from one business entity to another, for the purpose of being re-sold or otherwise consumed in the course of business.
- Gift: Any shipment containing articles to be given as an unsolicited gift, from one private individual to another private individual, which are not being shipped by a business nor consigned to a business.
- Sample: Any shipment containing articles sent free of charge and marked or mutilated or otherwise made unsuitable for sale or use except as commercial samples, shipped with the view of soliciting an order or as a mock-up to furthering an existing order from the foreign entity.
- Return and Repair: Articles being shipped for repair or articles previously exported for repairs which are being returned following the repair.
- Personal Effects: Any shipment containing used personal articles such as unaccompanied baggage and household goods being shipped for relocation.
- Personal User: Any shipments containing new goods for personal consumption purchased abroad and shipped back to a private individual.
Select a description from the drop-down menu that best describes your document, or click Other. If you select Other, you will need to enter additional product details below.
Some document types will require that you enter a customs value. The customs value is the sale price for the contents of the shipment if it is being sold. If the shipment is not being sold, the customs value should be the fair market value. The fair market value is the price that a seller would get from a buyer for the contents of the shipment if it were to be sold on the open market.
Visit Advanced Shipping if any of the following apply to your shipment:
Enter Product Details for Customs Purposes
- Declared value is more than $2,500
- The Terms of Sale or Importer of Record need to be changed
- Additional customs documentation is needed
- Items need to be shipped with an export license/permit
- Items being shipped are subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Enter details for each different type of item you are shipping. You will need to complete a separate entry for each unique item in your shipment.
Commercial Invoice Summary
- Add single item description: Enter a description of one item type in your shipment. Avoid vague descriptions such as “CD” or “clothes”. An example of an acceptable description is "Men's Shirt 100% Cotton”.
The description should always be in ENGLISH, in order to facilitate international shipments.
- How many of the same items are you sending? Enter the number of each unique item you are shipping. Then select the unit of measure used to describe one unit of the item (e.g., pieces, dozen, pair).
- How much does each item weigh? Enter the weight of each unique item. The weight will be multiplied to reflect the total weight for each set of unique items.
- What is the customs value or price of each item? This is the price of your good or the fair market value. The value will be multiplied to reflect the total value for each set of unique items. Failure to declare the fair market or replacement value could results in customs fines and/or seizure of the shipment. The countries below require $1 as the minimum customs value: Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Georgia, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Slovak Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Uzbekistan and Venezuela.
- Where was the item made? Select the country where the item was originally manufactured or produced. Generally, manufacturers identify the product origin on a sticker, seal or plate affixed to the product, or print it on the packaging. This field is required by customs of the destination country.
- Update an item: Select the edit icon to edit the details of an item in the commercial invoice summary list. Then select the Update Item button to save your changes.
- Delete an item: Click the X icon that corresponds to the item in the commercial invoice summary list that you would like to delete. The item will be removed from your shipment.
- Include this Commercial Invoice with my label: Selecting this option will automatically generate a Commercial Invoice for your shipment. A Commercial Invoice is required for international shipments. By deselecting this option, you agree to include your own Commercial Invoice with your shipping label. This service is not available in all areas.
- The Commercial Invoice is optional for goods moving within the European Union (intra-EU shipments) in free circulation. Intra-European Union shipments are goods made in or customs cleared in one of the 27 EU countries and traveling to another of those 27 countries. See the list of EU countries below.
- Goods are in free circulation within the European Union when they have complied with all import formalities and all import charges have been paid.
| Slovak Republic
| Czech Republic
| United Kingdom
Ship Payment Method
Select the account to bill for the shipment from the drop-down menu. For FedEx International Ground® shipments that include brokerage-inclusive service from the U.S. to Canada and Canada to the U.S., applicable Clearance Entry Fee (CEF) and CEF taxes will be billed with duties/taxes/fees and will no longer be itemized as a transportation fee.
- Select Account if you wish to pay using your 9-digit FedEx account number.
- Select Recipient Account if you want FedEx to bill the recipient using his 9-digit FedEx account number.
- Select Third party if you wish to have FedEx bill a third party pay for this shipment.Select FedEx Ground® C.O.D. (Collect on Delivery) to authorize FedEx to accept the payment type specified from the recipient at the time of delivery. Enter the required collection information. The collected amount is then forwarded to the shipper. You are charged a special handling fee. (U.S. domestic and ground shipping only)
- Select credit card if you want to pay by credit card.
The Card Security Code is located on the back of most credit or debit cards and is typically a separate group of 3 digits to the right of the signature strip. On American Express cards, the Card Security Code is a printed (NOT embossed) group of four digits on the front towards the right.
In case of the different currency used in the origin country and credit card billed country, an exchange rate premium may be applied. The exact premium is as follows:
Duties and Taxes Payment Methods
|USD to Non-USD
|Non-USD to USD
|Non-USD to Non-USD
Customs may assess duties and taxes on this shipment, including on intra-European shipments that are not in free circulation. Duties and taxes cannot be paid via credit card. The recipient will be charged for duties and taxes upon delivery unless a FedEx account number is provided. For FedEx International Ground® shipments that include brokerage-inclusive servicefrom the U.S. to Canada and Canada to the U.S., the payor of duties/taxes/fees will also be responsible for applicable CEF and CEF taxes.
Select the account to bill for the duties and taxes from the drop-down menu.
- Select Account if you wish to pay using your 9-digit FedEx account number. If the billing address does not match your From address, uncheck the box marked “This account’s billing address is the same as my (From) address” and enter the correct billing address.
- Select Recipient Account if you want FedEx to bill the recipient using his 9-digit FedEx account number. If the billing address does not match your recipient’s address, uncheck the box marked “This account’s billing address is the same as my Recipient’s (To) address” and enter the correct billing address.
- Select Third party if you wish to have FedEx bill a third party pay for this shipment. Enter the billing name and address that matches the account number for the third party.
The confirmation area gives an overview of the data entered in previous steps.
At this stage, you can still make changes by clicking on the Edit button that corresponds with the section you need to edit.
If you would like to receive an email copy of the shipping label, check the box marked “Email a copy of my shipping label.” A field with your From email address will appear. Verify that this is the email address where you would like the label to be sent, or change it to a different address, if desired.
Mobile Shipping Label
If you would like to get a Mobile Shipping Label, select
at the top of the page, then click the
button. The shipping data you have entered will be transferred to the Advanced Shipping form. In the
Complete Your Shipment
“Send a Mobile Shipping Label”
to email the shipment information to your mobile device. A confirmation email will be sent with instructions and a 2D barcode.
To use the Mobile Shipping Label, visit a
with your package and the email displayed on your mobile device. A FedEx team member will scan the barcode displayed, print your label and accept your package for shipping. The tracking number(s) will be reported in your Shipping History menu.
Completing Your Shipment
When you’re ready to complete the shipment, click the
button. By selecting the ship button, you agree to the fedex.com
and the FedEx terms of shipping in the applicable
FedEx Service Guide
Shipper's Terms and Conditions for FedEx Express international shipments
button below the tracking information on the Thank You page will automatically print the shipping label.
The appropriate number of copies (depending on your origin and destination) will be chosen automatically.
Please place the label(s) in the shipping pouch and affix it to your shipment in such a manner that the bar-code portion of the label can be read and scanned.
The Thank You page will show you the tracking number for your shipment.
You may use this tracking number to track your shipment at fedex.com. Just enter the tracking number on the homepage and hit
If you have scheduled a pickup through the application, the pickup confirmation number will be displayed on the Thank You page. If you have questions about this scheduled pickup or wish to cancel it, you may contact FedEx Customer Service using your pickup confirmation number.
What else can you do from the confirmation screen?
- Cancel Shipment
To cancel a shipment, just hit Cancel shipment and then confirm the cancellation. If you have scheduled a pickup together with your shipment, it will be cancelled automatically.
Important: If the shipment has already been given to FedEx, you must notify your local FedEx office to request cancellation of your shipment.
- Create New Shipment
Click Create New Shipment if you want to create a new shipment. You will be returned to the beginning of the shipping process.
- Find FedEx Locations
The locations nearest to your From address will be shown automatically. To find additional locations, either enter a location in the search box and click the search button or click the View all locations link.
- Include a Shipping Receipt
Check this option to generate a detailed shipping receipt. A dialog box will appear with your printable receipt.