Learn how to box, pack, seal and label your packages like a pro.
Check out our insider tips and watch our how-to-pack videos.
You can also stop by your local FedEx Office location for packing pointers or to let a team member professionally pack and ship for you. Find a location.
Insider Tips for Packing Like a Pro
Here are four simple steps to help ensure your shipment contents are secure. All you need to do is box, pack, seal and label. Let’s get started.
- Match your box to the size and weight of your item(s).
- Use double-walled boxes for heavier items.
- If reusing a box, remove all old labels and make sure it's high-quality, with no holes, tears or dents.
- Choose cushioning with enough density to keep items from shifting.
- Bind printed material together.
- Wrap and tape all sharp or protruding edges.
- Put a copy of the label inside and write pertinent shipper/recipient details on the inner package flap.
- With your box properly packed, apply at least three strips of packing tape (no duct or masking tape) that is at least 2" wide evenly across all flaps and seams, top and bottom.
- Use the H taping method.
- Firmly secure the label or pouch on the package's largest surface.
- If you're using a pouch, be sure to reseal it after inserting the shipping label.
Videos on How to Pack
Properly packing your shipments can help you avoid damage and delays. Our videos will show you how to pack items such as computers and framed artwork that need extra protection.
*NOTICE: These videos are provided to FedEx customers to help reduce loss or damage due to improper packaging. They are not intended to be a comprehensive guide for packaging items we accept for transit. We make no warranties, express or implied, regarding this information. Proper packaging is the sole responsibility of the shipper. For more information and additional guidelines, refer to the packaging information provided on this Packing Resources and Supplies page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact FedEx Packaging Services at 1.800.633.7019. Refer to the current FedEx Service Guide for terms, conditions and limitations applicable to FedEx® delivery services.