Help menu at the top of each page to access the following tools:
- Help with this page – Includes FAQ’s, specific instructions, and additional information for the sections and processes you see on the screen.
- Online Technical Support – Gives you the opportunity to Find Answers Online, chat online with a FedEx Technical Support Agent, or Submit a Question.
- Interactive Help Guide – Offers a Demo, the ability to practice using our applications, assistance during actual transactions, a printable User Guide, and “What’s New” information.
- How do I create a User Profile?
- How do I assign a User to a Department?
- How do I assign or change a User’s Department account?
- How do I use Department Privileges, References, and Defaults?
- How do I customize the User Privileges, References, and Defaults?
- How do I assign the User type?
Create a User Profile
Navigate between the User screens
- Assign the User to a Department, enter the User details, assign a Department account, and select the User settings on the User Profile screen.
- If you are editing a User, click Save to save the information and return to the main Users screen, or click Continue to save the information and continue on the User Privileges screen.
- If you are inviting a new User, click Invite user to save the information and return to the main Users screen, or click Continue to save the information and continue on the User Privileges screen.
- If you are creating a new User, click Create user to save the information and return to the main Users screen, or click Continue to save the information and continue on the User Privileges screen.
- If you need to discard the information added or edited on this screen, click Cancel. The main Users screen displays.
- For detailed help with sections on this screen, scroll down, click the following links, or click the Help link at the top of each section.
Once you have been through the User Profile, User Privileges, User References, and User Defaults screens, click
to navigate between them.
Assign a Department
Select the Department to assign to the User. The Department address information and available accounts are applied to the User. The Department settings populate the User Privileges, User References, and User Defaults screens. These settings can be modified at the User level for greater flexibility and control. Refer to
Login ID and Password
- If you are creating or inviting a User, enter a unique name assigned to the User, up to 10 characters. User aliases are used when searching for or viewing a User Profile or when the administrator is running a report.
- If you are editing a User, this field cannot be modified. User aliases can be deleted or deactivated but not modified.
First name, Last name, E-mail
- If you are creating a User, enter the User’s fedex.com login User ID and password to log into FedEx Ship Manager.
- If you are editing a User, only the password can be modified.
- If you are inviting a new User, these fields do not display. The invited User creates this information when accepting the invitation.
Enter or edit the User’s name and e-mail.
Address and Phone no.
- If you are creating or editing a User, enter or edit the User’s address and telephone number. This address should be the default physical location where the User’s packages are being picked up or the return address where the User is located. If the User ships a package from a different location, he/she can change the sender information in FedEx Ship Manager for that particular shipment.
- If you are inviting a new User, these fields do not display. The invited User provides this information when he/she accepts the invitation.
Assign a Department account
Select the account from the
drop-down menu to assign or edit the account assigned to the User.
This menu displays the FedEx account(s) available for the Department assigned to the User. This account is used for billing purposes. Users can only be assigned one account number from the Department.You can reassign the User to another Department account number at any time.
Use department privileges, references and defaults
Customize privileges, references and defaults
- Any changes made to the Department settings automatically apply to the User.
- Click View settings to view the Department settings.
Select this option to assign the Department Privileges, References, and Defaults with the ability to make changes on the User Privileges, User References, and User Defaults screens. Any changes made to the Department settings do not apply to the User.
Assign User type
- Regular user (non-admin) – Select this option to allow access to FedEx Ship Manager screens and functionalities based on the privileges granted by the administrator. Regular Users can view and manage their own personal shipping history for tracking and reporting, but cannot see the shipment activity for other Users in the company. A regular User does not have access to any of the administrative functionalities of Shipping Administration.
- Department administrator – Select this option to allow access to FedEx Ship Manager screens and functionalities and allows privileges to add, update, and delete Users only within the Department(s) the User is assigned as an Department Administrator. When you select this option, click Assign Departments to assign to the Departments.
- Company administrator – Select this option to allow access to FedEx Ship Manager screens and functionalities and allows central management and control of all Shipping Administration functionalities.
The Company Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Maintain Department profiles including FedEx account numbers, service options, and restrictions.
- Configure privileges and defaults assigned to Departments and Users.
- Create an unlimited number of Users (although no more than 1,000 Users per company recommended).
- Add multiple FedEx account numbers and assign individual Users to these accounts.
- Set up references and their requirements and default values at the Department and User levels. For added control, administrators can configure reference values that cannot be changed by their Users.
- Create customized reports to display the shipping activity of Users company-wide. Administrative reports can be viewed online, printed, and downloaded.
- Track shipments from within the shipping reports.
- Set up a Central Address Book that can be accessed by Users across the entire company. In addition, Users can set up a Personal Address Book and share their Personal Address Book with other Users in the company.
This information is provided to you and its use is subject to the FedEx Automation Agreement under which you obtained or have been authorized to use FedEx Ship Manager @ fedex.com. No warranties are extended and all warranties, including without limitation, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED, regarding this information. Any conflict between this information and the Automation Agreement, or transportation agreement between you and FedEx, or between this information and the FedEx Service Guide will be governed by the Automation Agreement, the transportation agreement and the FedEx Service Guide, in that order. Your use of this information constitutes your agreement to these terms.