FedEx® Quick Start Guide
Below are the system and hardware requirements for using the FedEx® Flat File Reporting Tool, as well as some simple installation instructions and links to the installer, online demo, and Help Guide.
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, Vista
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v6.0 with SP1 or higher
- An active internet connection is required to download flat files and application updates, but is not required to use the application
- Minimum 600-megahertz (MHz) Intel Pentium III-class processor or AMD processor; 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster recommended
- Minimum 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM; 512 MB recommended
- Up to 500 MB of hard disk space (25 MB for the basic application; 350 MB for the optional installation of SQL Server Express; additional disk space if data is saved locally rather than on an external SQL server)
- External SQL server connections of SQL 2005 or 2008
- Minimum resolution display of 1024x768 with 256 colors
- Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device
You may download the the FedEx Flat File Reporting Tool, watch the demo, and access the Help Guide before registering for FedEx® Billing Online. However, you must be a registered FedEx Billing Online user to download the invoice files necessary to run reports with the the FedEx Flat File Reporting Tool.
To install and learn about the the FedEx Flat File Reporting Tool:
- Download the FedEx Flat File Reporting Tool 4 Installer.
- View the demo.
- Access and download the Help Guide.
1. After downloading the installer, double-click the FedEx Flat File Tool Installer icon.
2. When prompted, select Run to install the application on your hard drive.
3. Follow the instructions as you are guided through the installation process.
4. The FedEx Flat File Reporting Tool will now be available on your computer. FedEx Billing Online files must be imported into the tool before reports can be generated. Please view the demo or review the Help Guide to learn more.