Get help with Customs procedures, limitations and restrictions. Prepare your shipment properly.
FedEx Clearance Process
All shipments crossing international borders must be cleared through Customs in the destination country/territory prior to being delivered to the recipient. Unless the sender specified a broker. FedEx submits shipments to Customs and other regulatory agencies. It is the sender's responsibility to provide the necessary and correct documentation. Shipments that require more than the FedEx International Air Waybill and Commercial Invoice may require more transit time. If shipments are held by Customs because of incorrect or missing documentation we may first attempt to notify the recipient. Back to Top
Turkey Import Clearance Process
- Electronic equipment, Electronic spare parts, Medical equipment and their spare parts are subject to CE markings and if coming from EU Countries/Territories,ATR-1 documents are required.
- Electronic Export Information or EEI (formerly SED) is required to this country/territory for all US, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands export shipments if any Schedule B/HTS commodity value is greater than 2,500 USD and from the same shipper/US Principal Party in Interest (USPPI) to the same consignee on the same day, OR at ANY value if the commodity is subject to ITAR or requires an export license/permit or is rough diamonds.
- Shipments valued above 30 EUR for Northern Cyprus (Kyrenia, Morfou, Lefkosa, Magosa and Mersin 10) are not accepted for clearance. These shipments will be returned to shipper and transportation charges will be billed to the shipper’s account.
Broker Select Option
| || |
|ADAA ||ADAA |
|ANKA ||ANKA |
|AYTA ||AYTA |
|ISTA ||ISTA |
|ISTI ||ISTI |
|IZMA ||IZMA |
Mobile/Cellular phones for private persons and for personal use Back to Top
Import Prohibitions and Restrictions
Certain items are prohibited by Customs for import to Turkey. These items are in addition to items forbidden by IATA. Senders are responsible for making sure that the goods they are shipping are acceptable for shipments to Turkey.
Forbidden for Import to Turkey
Back to Top
- Cash and cash equivalents
- Dangerous goods as defined by IATA
- Ice, dry
- Metals, precious
- Labels, paper, buttons, zippers require to be cleared as temporary imports by a separate broker
Required documentation varies according to the following factors:
Back to Top
- Whether you are shipping documents with no Declared value. These shipments require only the fully completed FedEx International Air Waybill.
- If you are shipping documents with a Declared value greater than US$ 100 or dutiable goods, we require a FedEx International Air Waybill and a Proforma invoice.
- If you are shipping dutiable goods, the original invoice needs to be attached outside the box. A copy of the invoice will delay the shipments in Customs.
Turkey Import Regulations
Take note of the following regulations when importing to Turkey.
Back to Top
- The dimensional and weight maximumms for import shipments:
- FedEx International Priority: 274 cm (108 in) L, 330 cm (130 in) L & G, 68 kg (150 lb)
- FedEx International Priority Freight: 302 cm (119 in) L, 762 cm (300in) L & G, 1000kg (2200 lb)
- An invoice is required for all shipments with a Declared value.
- Duty/Tax free entry is allowed for gifts valued up to US$ 100. Unsolicited gifts must be shipped from one individual to another and should not contain tobacco or liquor.