FedEx provides comprehensive customs brokerage and other customs services that work with your preferred mode of transportation. Click on the following links to learn how our customs brokerage and other customs services can help meet your customs clearance needs.
FedEx provides standard customs clearance at no extra charge for import shipments. We also offer a comprehensive range of solutions when your shipment has special clearance needs, when additional processing is required by a regulatory agency or when you or your importer request special processing from our customs broker. We assess ancillary clearance services for those special services. We may apply and invoice these fees, which are subject to change, to any international customer.
When you ship using FedEx Express services, expert customs brokerage is included (some restrictions apply).
FedEx customs brokerage services include:
- Duty and tax calculation
- Customs bonds
- Protest preparation and filing
- Follow-up on liquidation issues
- Duty drawback system
- Trade Facilitation Solutions.
For more information, contact your local FedEx representative.
Our fully automated EXPRESSCLEAR system provides rapid, accurate processing for clearance of your international shipments before the plane even leaves the ground. The system uses state-of-the-art technology to electronically transmit shipment information to the Customs Agency, including commercial invoice information, so the processing of a shipment can begin before the package is in the air.
Customs officers inspect packages on-site, so packages approved for release can be sorted and sent out to meet the original delivery deadline. Because of the EXPRESSCLEAR system, over 90% of all shipments are cleared the same day.
Standard customs clearance is included with every FedEx international shipment, but you also have the option to use your own broker with FedEx® International Broker Select.
In addition, FedEx offers value-added ancillary clearance services that can provide you with superior solutions and processing efficiencies by speeding-up clearance time and reducing your delivery time.
Customs clearance is included with every FedEx international shipment, but you also have the option to use your own broker.
For FedEx International Priority®, FedEx International Priority® Freight, FedEx International Economy® and FedEx International Economy Freight® shipments, you have the option of using your own broker for shipments to more than 120 countries and territories, including the U.S. FedEx will tender your shipment to your broker and, at your request, resume the delivery to the final destination. For added flexibility, you may list an unlimited number of commodities per air waybill.
To use your own broker:
- Simply specify the broker's name.
- Check the broker selection box on the air waybill.
Use FedEx International Broker Select with:
- FedEx International Priority
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Economy
- FedEx International Economy Freight
FedEx International Broker Select is not available for:
For more details, see Terms & Conditions.
Introducing pre-authorized, expedited clearance of goods under the Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) program with FedEx Express. If you frequently ship goods into Canada, the CSA program may work for you. It enables clearance of goods across the border for low-risk, pre-authorized importers and carriers.
FedEx Express was the first integrated carrier in Canada to receive Customs Self-Assessment certification.
If your company is CSA-certified, you can use FedEx Express to:
- Expedite clearance of goods across the Canada/U.S. border
- Significantly reduce paperwork and eliminate the need for pre-approval and customs documents
- Use your own tracking and accounting system to remit customs duties
To learn how you can become CSA-certified, visit the Canada Border Service Agency's Customs Self-Assessment Program website.
- Contact your FedEx Account Executive
- Call cs-phone
With the help of FedEx Trade Networks, you can rely on export documentation preparation that's quick and accurate.
- Export documentation services include:
- Management of exports via land, sea, air
- Rate quotations including all INCOTERMS
- Preparation of required shipping documents
- Commercial invoice creation
- Packing list preparation
- Electronic filing of Shipper's Export Declaration
- Letter of Credit services
- Certificate of Origin preparation
- Pre-alert information
- Comprehensive cargo insurance and certificate arrangements
Visit the FedEx Trade Networks website.
Keep up to speed with regulatory news and developments that affect the world of global shipping. Information updates