Prohibited Items for Shipment
You are prohibited from tendering the following items for shipment to any international destinations unless otherwise indicated, and you agree not to do so. (Additional restrictions may apply depending on destination. Various regulatory clearances in addition to customs clearance may be required for certain commodities, thereby extending the transit time.)
- Shipments to APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
- C.O.D. (cash on delivery) shipments.
- Human corpses, human organs or body parts, human and animal embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
- Explosives. (Class 1.4 explosives are acceptable for carriage to Canada, Germany, France, Japan, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom. Note: United Arab Emirates only allows Class 1.4 explosives to be shipped hold-for-pickup to the FedEx Express facility in Dubai.)
- Items resembling a bomb, hand grenade or other explosive device, except as provided in the Dangerous Goods section. This includes, but is not limited to, inert products such as novelty items, training aids and works of art.
- Firearms, weaponry and their parts (acceptable between the U.S. and Puerto Rico).
- Bump fire stocks and other rapid-fire trigger activators.
- Ghost guns and other firearms not containing a serial number.
- Any firearm or other weapon manufactured using a 3-D printing machine.
- 3-D printing machines designed, or that function exclusively, to manufacture firearms.
- Perishable foodstuffs and foods and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control. An exception is available by contract only. Contact your FedEx account executive for information.
- Live animals including insects, except as provided in the Live Animals section in the FedEx Service Guide. (Call the FedEx Animal Desk at 1.800.405.9052.)
- Animal carcasses, insects and pets. Taxidermy-finished hunting trophies or completely processed (dried) specimens of whole animals or parts of animals are acceptable for shipment into the U.S.
- Plants and plant material, including cut flowers (cut flowers are acceptable from the U.S. to selected points in Canada and from Colombia, Ecuador and the Netherlands to the U.S.).
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by law.
- Money (coins, cash, currency, paper money and negotiable instruments equivalent to cash such as endorsed stocks, bonds and cash letters).
- Pornographic and/or obscene material.
- Shipments being processed under:
a. Duty drawback claims unless advance arrangements are made.
b. Temporary Import Bonds — acceptable under the FedEx International Broker Select option, for initial import only.
c. U.S. State Department licenses.
e. U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration export permit.
f. Letters of Credit. Shipments subject to Letters of Credit are generally prohibited, with the exception of shipments subject to Letters of Credit calling for a “courier receipt,” as defined by Article 25 of UCP 600, shipped using the FedEx Expanded Service International Air Waybill.
g. Certificate of Registration shipments (CF4455).
- Hazardous waste. This includes, but is not limited to, used hypodermic needles or syringes transported for sterilization, recycling, disposal or for any other purpose, or other medical waste.
- Shipments that may cause damage to, or delay of, equipment, personnel or other shipments.
- Shipments that require us to obtain any special license or permit for transportation, importation or exportation.
- Shipments or commodities whose carriage, importation or exportation is prohibited by any law, statute or regulation.
- Counterfeit goods, including, but not limited to, goods under a trademark that is identical to or substantially indistinguishable from a registered trademark, without the approval or oversight of the registered trademark owner (also commonly referred to as “fake goods” or “knock-offs”).
- Tobacco and tobacco products, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, loose tobacco, smokeless tobacco, hookah or shisha.
- Electronic cigarettes and their component parts, any other similar device that relies on vaporization or aerosolization, and any noncombustible liquid or gel, regardless of the presence of nicotine, that can be used with any such device. (Effective March 1, 2021)
- Marijuana, including marijuana intended for recreational or medicinal use and cannabidiol (“CBD”), any product that contains any amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (“THC") and synthetic cannabinoids.
- Raw or unrefined hemp plants, or their subparts and derivatives (including, but not limited to, hemp stalks, hemp leaves, hemp oil, hemp flowers and hemp seeds, and CBD dervived from hemp), except as set out under U.S. regulations, 21 CFR 1308.35.
- Any substance that has not been approved for a medical use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and also has been listed as a Drug or Chemical of Concern by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, including, but not limited to, kratom and Salvia divinorum.
- Shipments with a declared value for customs in excess of that permitted for a specific destination. (See the Declared Value for Carriage and Limits of Liability section in the FedEx Service Guide.)
- Dangerous goods except as permitted under the Dangerous Goods section of these terms and conditions.
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odor of any kind.
- Wildlife products that require U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service export clearance by FedEx prior to exportation from the U.S.
- In-bond shipments destined to or being withdrawn from a Foreign Trade Zone or bonded warehouse, unless the FedEx International Broker Select option is selected for U.S. import shipments, or the FedEx International Controlled Export service option is selected for U.S. export shipments.
Notwithstanding any other provision of the FedEx Service Guide, we are not liable for delay of, loss of or damage to a shipment of any prohibited item. The shipper agrees to indemnify FedEx for any and all costs, fees and expenses FedEx incurs as a result of the shipper’s violation of any local, state or federal laws or regulations or from tendering any prohibited item for shipment. For more information, please contact Customer Service at 800.GoFedEx (800.46.33339).