Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can file a claim?
The sender, the recipient or a third party can file the claim.
How do I file a claim?
Follow the three easy steps listed below to file your claim.
Step 1: Choose one of the following options:
- Complete and submit a claim form online at fedex.com/uy_english/contact/
- Call customer service at 01.800.911.11.00
- Complete a claim form and e-mail, fax or mail it (see step 3).
Step 2: Gather the following documentation:
- Photocopy of FedEx air waybill, FedEx Ship Manager® printout, FedEx Ground Pick-Up Record (where applicable) or delivery receipt
- All documentation related to the proof of value (copy of original invoice from vendor or supplier, copy of retail invoice or receipt, final confirmation screen if online order with proof of payment, itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair, appraisals, expense statement, or any other applicable documentation).
- Serial number(s) of merchandise, if applicable.
- Inspection report, if applicable.
Step 3: E-mail, fax or mail the completed claim form with the supporting documentation to:
Servicio de Cliente
Jacobo Gutierrez # 20
Colonia El Conde
Estado de Mexico, Naucalpan 53500
When should I file my claim?
Claims for concealed loss, visible or concealed damage, delay and FedEx® Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) payment (where applicable) must be reported within 21 calendar days and all supporting documentation filed within 9 months of delivery date.
Claims for nondelivery, misdelivery and FedEx Ground® C.O.D. (where applicable) must be filed within 9 months after the package was tendered to FedEx for shipment. All claims will be resolved based on the merits of the claims investigation.
How long will the claim resolution process take?
Most cases will normally be resolved in 5 to 7 business days after we receive your claim form and supporting claim documentation, unless additional time for research is needed.
What should I do with the merchandise and shipment packaging?
Keep the merchandise and all original packaging, including cartons and contents, until the claim resolution process is finished. It may be necessary to make the packaging available to FedEx for inspection.
Where can I find specific information about the claim resolution process?
For more detailed information, including time limits for specific claim types, go to fedex.com/mx or refer to the current FedEx Service Guide.