Pack Like a Pro
We understand. You want to get your shipment safely to its destination in the same condition it was sent. You can do your part by reviewing our tips on how to pack and following our detailed packaging guidelines. Please click on the guide below. For more information on packaging and the availability of different products, contact FedEx Customer Service.
Follow the Basics
Choose cushioning of appropriate density and thickness and use enough to fill all void spaces in your shipping container.
Apply at least three strips of packing tape (no duct or masking tape) to the top and bottom sides of the container using the H taping method.
Select an appropriate container that is large enough to accommodate the proper thickness of cushioning material.
Place the shipping label with the recipient's full address on the most visible side of the container away from any folds or seams.
After more than 20 years in the business we know what it takes to get it delivered.
We know that sound packaging is vital to the swift delivery of your shipment. We have therefore developed our own range of ready-to-use, self-sealing packaging in a choice of shapes and sizes. Each design has proven it's worth many millions of times.
And they're all available free of charge when you give your shipment to FedEx.
You can also order Free FedEx Packaging
|Your Shipping Need||Our Solution|
|Packaging for standard-size and legal-size documents
FedEx® Envelope (window)
Tear- and water-resistant packaging
FedEx® Padded Pak
|Packaging for plans, posters, fabric rolls, charts or blueprints
|Boxes in a variety of sizes
FedEx® Small Box
FedEx® Medium Box
FedEx® Large Box
|Boxes for cost-effective international shipping
Please note that FedEx 10kg Box or FedEx 25kg Box will only be available for your export and import shipments if you agree to pay the fixed 10kg or 25kg rate which will vary depending on the destination or origin. No discount can be applied.
FedEx® 10kg Box and FedEx® 25kg Box
FedEx® 10kg Box
FedEx® 25kg Box
|Packaging to ship noninfectious specimens
FedEx® Clinical Pak
|Packaging for Biological Substance, Category B (UN 3373) specimens
FedEx® UN 3373 Pak
We also have FedEx International Air Waybills, FedEx Expanded Service International Air Waybills and FedEx Air Waybill Pouches. Click here to order.
Express Packaging Tips
To ensure your consignments arrive ontime and in good condition, it is vital you take time to pack & label them correctly.
- Only use rigid cartons in good condition with all edges intact.
- Don't exceed the weight specifications for your box.
- Pack contents in the centre of the carton, cushioned on all sides using polystyrene chippings or bubble wrap. Ensure items that will not fit into cartons or have sharp edges andprotrusions are thoroughly wrapped, with taped corrugated panels or pads.
- If you send liquids check that the cases hermetically sealed. For the shipping of fragile goods we suggest the use of wooden cases and separators inside. Include inside the carton, a document (e.g. business card or letterhead) that carries your address and both your and your recipient's telephone number.
- Tape all seams and flaps well, with pressure-sensitive plastic tape. Tape should be at least 5.1 cm wide, but preferably 7.6 cm wide.
- If finishes could be damaged or soiled in transit, place in protective container.
- Don't ship light weight gift boxes unless packed in stronger cartons.
- Don't ship packages smaller than 18x10x5cm. Instead pack small items into larger cartons.
- Never use cellophane tape, masking tape, string or rope, avoid duct tape and kraft-paper tape for sealing.
Ensure that the address label has both the recipient's and your own address clearly marked.
- Clearly print address and include phone numbers, ZIP or postcode.
- Place all package labels on the same surface of carton's largest size.
- Take care to ensure all labels are securely adhered. When shipping odd shaped items use a securely attached tie-on Air Waybill* tag or pouch.
- Hand write the Air Waybill* number with clear characters.
- Don't cover sender or recipient information.
- Don't place any tape or shrink wrap over labels.
* Please remember that each Air Waybill must be signed twice by the Sender (FedEx Ship Manager users: signature is not required).
- Fragile goods with separators
- Liquids cases hermetically
- Rigid cartons in good condition edges intact
- Contents cushioned on all sides
- All items thoroughly wrapped using polystyrene chippings or bubble wrap
- Tape all seams and flaps well
- Use suitable tape
- Remove old labels
- Sender and recipient address on label
- Sender and recipient details enclosed
- All labels on same surface of carton
- All labels securely adhered
- Proper weight for carton
- Print clearly