Last update: February 2019
This Cookie Notice answers the following questions:
- Does this Cookie Notice apply to you?
- What are cookies and who puts them on my device?
- What categories of cookies does FedEx use?
- How can I disable or delete cookies?
- Where can you find a list of cookies FedEx uses?
- What if you have other questions or complaints?
- Will there be updates to this Cookie Notice?
1. Does this Cookie Notice apply to you?
2. What are cookies and who puts them on my device?
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that are sent to your device when you visit one or more of our Websites. When you visit the Website(s), the cookie allows the Website(s) to recognize your browser and read certain information stored in this cookie. Cookies are widely used on many sites for various purposes.
Cookies may be placed on your device by FedEx as the site operator. These cookies are called ‘first party’ cookies. Some cookies may be placed on your device by other parties than FedEx, such as our advertisers or parties that place cookies to enable chat services or analyse the use of our Websites. These cookies are called ‘third party’ cookies.
Please note that any data, including personal data, collected by third parties outside our sites are not governed by this Cookie Notice, but by the privacy and cookie notices of those third parties.
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to our Websites
- Facilitate your shipments
- Deliver advertising, communications and content from us and third parties on our Websites and those of third parties, as specific as possible to your interests
- Remember your language and other preferences
- Help you obtain information you are looking for
- Provide safe and secure services for online transactions
- Measure how many people use our Websites and how they use them to keep our Websites running efficiently, improve our Websites and better understand our audiences. For those purposes, we can also analyse your visiting patterns, including your mouse patterns
- Analyse and solve technical or organisational issues related to our Websites (troubleshooting)
- Allow you to share content of our Websites through your social media accounts, such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram
4. What categories of cookies does FedEx use?
We use functional, analytical and tracking cookies:
- Functional Cookies. We use ‘functional cookies’ for the purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of communication via the Internet. Furthermore, we use these cookies when they are strictly necessary in order to provide our services to you, for example, to use a shopping cart or to log in to secure areas of our Websites. Disabling these cookies may affect the performance of our Websites or may make some of the features and services unavailable.
- Analytical Cookies. We use ‘analytical cookies’ in order to learn and understand how our visitors engage with our Websites. These cookies allow us to improve and optimize our Websites, for example by ensuring that our visitors can easily find the information they are looking for. In order to analyse how our Websites are used, we count the number of visitors, the number of visits, the number of pages you use or the location from which you visit our Websites. We only use your location if you allow us to do so. Analytical cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns. This allows us to improve the campaigns and optimize our Websites’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Tracking Cookies. We use ‘tracking cookies’ as a way to compile records of the browsing history of our visitors. These cookies are, for example, used when we place advertisements on other websites and in other apps. We may also use these cookies to track which of our advertisements you have already seen, so that you will not always see the same banners or content on your social media, such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram.
5. How can I disable or delete cookies?
If you no longer want cookies to be stored on your device, you can withdraw your consent at any time by adjusting your browser settings, so that your browser refuses all cookies or the cookies from third parties. You can also delete the cookies that have already been placed on your device.
If the cookies are disabled, our Websites will continue to work. However, some parts of our Websites, such as the shipping tool or the tracking and tracing tool of packages, might not work when cookies are disabled. Moreover, disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements. This only means that advertisements will not be adjusted to your interests or that they will be repeated more often. If you want to disable cookies from specific parties, you can do so via www.youronlinechoices.com.
How you manage your cookie settings, including deletion, may differ per browser. Please use the “Help” function in your browser.
If you need more information about your rights in relation to any processing of your personal data based on cookies, we refer to our Privacy Notice. You can find the link under paragraph 1 of this Cookie Notice.
6. Where can you find a list of cookies FedEx uses?
7. What if you have other questions or complaints?
8. Will there be updates to this Cookie Notice?
FedEx may update this Cookie Notice from time to time. If an amendment will have a serious impact, FedEx will endeavor to actively inform you about such amendments. FedEx will publish an up-todate Cookie Notice on our Websites at all times, indicating the latest amendments.