The Government of India has implemented the Goods and Services Tax Act (GST) from July 1, 2017. As per the GST Act and its rules, FedEx will raise state-wise invoices based on the location of pick-up, delivery, contracting address or clearance of shipments, as applicable. To ensure that invoices include the correct GST ID which entitles due claims of tax credit, FedEx has started the process of collecting GST details, with a GST registration details template.
Please download, fill, attach the template and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the supporting documents.
Fill the following information in the template:
- A list of your FedEx shipping account/s and the corresponding provisional GST ID for each account. In case you have a place of business in any other state and you wish to avail FedEx services, please share details of the principal place of business in that state along with the corresponding provisional GST IDs. FedEx will create separate customer account codes for each state that you operate in. Please contact your FedEx territory manager for more details.
- The details of your principal place of business as mentioned in your GST registration certificate for a particular state. FedEx will raise invoices with that address only.
Attach the following documents along with the filled template:
- GST Registration certificate (if available)
- Unique Identification Number (UID), in case of United Nation bodies/Consulate/Embassy
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN)