FedEx Express values its relationship with its customers, and is committed to the protection of their personal information. Personal information provided to us by our customers is protected by our strict standards that fully comply with the Japanese Personal Information Protection Act.
We collect, use, and disclose personal information concerning our customers for the following purposes:
- To provide timely, reliable and value-added services to customers including international express transportation, shipment tracking, customs brokerage, account management and billing, supply chain management, information management and technical support, e-commerce, and related services;
- To establish a customer relationship and to communicate with customers;
- To develop, implement, market, and manage services for customers, including sending customers marketing materials and contacting customers for questionnaires for service enhancement;
- To assist in law enforcement purposes, to collect unpaid debts, for credit reporting and rating purposes, and to protect the business interests of FedEx and its customers;
- To manage and promote the business activities of FedEx; and
- To meet requirements imposed by law.
We may transfer some or all of personal information concerning our customers overseas to our related companies. This is because we use a shared database for our customers. Our customers are assured that personal information will not be shared with or disclosed to any other third party without consent.
Please note that telephone conversations with our customers may be recorded in order to ensure that orders, opinions, requests, inquiries, etc. are accurately understood, and to improve the quality of our service.
Subject to any legal restrictions, we give our customers access to their personal data upon request.
How to Access Your Personal Data
To access your personal data, please complete, and return, the request form to us by either mail or fax:
|Mail to:||Privacy Officer|
|Department Federal Express|
|World Business Garden Marive West|
|2-6-1 Nakase, Mihama-ku Chiba-shi|
Your request may be rejected due to incomplete documentation. Please ensure that you have fully completed the request form and that you have enclosed necessary documents.
We will endeavour to send out our reply to you between two (2) weeks to one (1) month from the date we receive your request. Depending on the complexity of your request, however, our response time may exceed one (1) month.
We reserve the right to charge administration fee at our sole discretion depending on the complexity of your request.
For security reasons, we do not accept any telephone inquiries concerning your personal data. Please direct all your inquiries by mail or fax only.