FedEx Express Japan – Privacy Statement
FedEx Express is committed to properly managing personal information concerning our customers in compliance with the Japanese Personal Information Protection Act.
1. Purpose of Use
- To provide timely, reliable and value-added services to customers including international express transportation, shipment tracking, customs brokerage, account management and billing, supply chain management, information management and technical support, e-commerce, and related services;
- To establish a customer relationship and to communicate with customers;
- To develop, implement, market, and manage services for customers, including sending customers marketing materials and contacting customers for questionnaires for service enhancement;
- To assist in law enforcement purposes, to collect unpaid debts, for credit reporting and rating purposes and to take other necessary measures;
- To manage and promote the business activities of FedEx; and
- To meet requirements imposed by laws and regulations.
Please note that telephone conversations with our customers may be recorded in order to ensure that orders, opinions, requests, inquiries, etc. are accurately understood, and to improve the quality of our service.
2. Security Control of Personal Information
We take necessary and proper measures for the prevention of leakage, loss or damage, and for other security control of personal information concerning our customers. We also exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the employees to ensure the security control of personal information concerning our customers.
3. Supervision of Trustees
4. Restriction of Provision to a Third Party
5. Joint Use of Personal Information
- Personal information used jointly:
Name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, transaction history, etc.
- Scope of joint users:
Subsidiaries and affiliates of Federal Express Corporation
- Purpose of use:
As stated above in “1. Purpose of Use”
- Entity responsible for management of joint use:
Federal Express Corporation
How to Access Your Personal Data / Inquiries
Subject to any legal restrictions, we give our customers access to their personal data upon request.
To access your personal data, please complete, and return, the request form to us by either mail or fax at the following address. Please also contact the following for any inquiries regarding handling of personal data.
|Mail to:||Privacy Officer
Department Federal Express
World Business Garden Marive West
2-6-1 Nakase, Mihama-ku Chiba-shi
Your request may be rejected due to incomplete documentation. Please ensure that you have fully completed the request form and that you have enclosed necessary documents.
We will endeavor to send out our reply to you between two (2) weeks to one (1) month from the date we receive your request. Depending on the complexity of your request, however, our response time may exceed one (1) month.
We reserve the right to charge administration fee at our sole discretion depending on the complexity of your request.
For security reasons, we do not accept any telephone request for access to your personal data. Please direct all your inquiries by mail or fax only.