Answers to most commonly asked questions about FedEx tracking.
- I'm expecting a shipment, when will it arrive?
Track the status of your shipment on fedex.com using your tracking number and look for the estimated delivery date. We are unable to specify an exact delivery time. Typically deliveries occur during normal business hours and depends on the service selected.
If you do not have your tracking number, contact the shipper to obtain the tracking number. Customer service may be able to find your shipment information if you are unable to get your tracking number from the shipper.
- What kind of information can I get when tracking a shipment?
The tracking detail page provides summary information about your shipment, including your shipment's current status, travel history and estimated delivery date.
- When I first tracked the shipment, it had an estimated delivery date, and now there isn't one. What does this mean?
We are able to provide the estimated delivery date information for many of our shipments. But when the shipment encounters a delay or an exception in handling, we may not be able to accurately state when we expect the shipment to be delivered. Also if the package had not been delivered by the commitment date/time, then that info would be removed from the display.
- How do I determine the delivery address of my shipment?
If you have the tracking number, you can access delivery city information and signature information if a signature was obtained.
If you need the detailed delivery information (includes address), you can obtain a Signature Proof of Delivery online by using your tracking number and the shipper's or payer’s account number.
Please note currently this feature is not available for APAC inbound and intra-Asia shipments.
- My package was supposed to be here, but it has not arrived. What can I do?
A good first step is to track the status of your package using your FedEx tracking number. The tracking number enables us to provide you with your package's most up-to-date tracking information. If the tracking results do not answer your question, your next step can be to contact FedEx for further assistance.
If you do not have your tracking number, contact the shipper to obtain the tracking number. Customer service may be able to find your shipment information if you are unable to get your tracking number from the shipper. Contact us at Customer Service www.fedex.com/mo/contact
- I tracked my shipment, and there haven't been updates on it in more than a day. What should I do?
Shipments in the FedEx system receive updates at various points between pickup and delivery. It is not unusual for a shipment to go more than 24 hours without an update while in transit. For additional tracking information, Please call Customer Service www.fedex.com/mo/contact
- I tracked my shipment, and it appears there is a customs or clearance delay. What should I do?
Customs and clearance delays occur for a variety of reasons.Clearance delay information is available from the detailed tracking page, in general this would include the reason for the delay and recommended action. If additional information is required from the shipper or recipient, FedEx will attempt to contact them.
- I tracked my shipment, and there are no scans. What should I do?
If there are no scans for the tracking number entered, contact your shipper to verify the tracking number is correct. If you are the shipper, and it has been more than 24 hours since you dropped off the shipment or had the shipment picked up, please call our Customer Service team www.fedex.com/mo/contact
- I requested an update on the recipient’s mailing address by calling the CS hotline, and now I see the delivered address on the fedex.com tracking page is the old one instead of the one I requested. Is it possible to revise it to show the actual delivered location?
The address change request is handled outside of tracking application , therefore the original destination address is still displayed. We recommend you contact FedEx Customer Service to request a Written Proof of Delivery (WPOD) in order to get the actual location the shipment was delivered to.
Please note: WPOD is not available in every APAC market.
- I requested an email notification, but cannot receive it in my mailbox. What should I do?
It is possible the email was filtered as junk/spam email and moved to your junk folder or
blocked by your email service provider. If you have tried the approach above and still encounter the same problem, please call our Customer Service team www.fedex.com/mo/contact
- Can I input Asian language characters in the personal message field when requesting email notification?
You can also add a personal message per your preference (not available for the wireless format).
- How come the "Hold At FedEx Location " button is greyed out on the tracking result page?
It is due to the unavailability of the "Hold At FedEx Location" service in your destination country/territory.
This service is only available for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery inbound U.S. and intra-U.S. shipments.
The button will be enabled when the service is available.
- Why is the total shipment weight displayed on the tracking page different to the weight charged on the bill?
The total shipment weight displayed on the screen is for tracking purpose only. Please contact your FedEx Customer Service for actual billing information.
- I tracked and saved my shipment to"My Shipments list" before, and I cannot find the record when revisiting the page. What should I do?
The saved shipment data are stored in the browser cookie cache, so you cannot retrieve the saved data if (1) you are using a different broswer than last time or (2) You have cleared the broswer cookie cache.
- How long will my saved shipment last in "My Shipments list"?
Tracking results will be saved in your browser cookie for up to 15 days or until you clear your browser cookies, whichever is earlier.
- Can I create the same "Nickname" for more than one Tracking number?
No, “Nicknames” can only be assigned to one Tracking number at a time.
- I logged in to my FedEx account and visited the home page and I could not find my saved shipment in "My Shipments list". What should I do?
A message will be shown within the "My Shipments list" section to suggest moving the saved shipment record from the non-logged cookie cache to the logged in status. You can have your saved shipment moved back by simply clicking on the move button.
- What reference number should I input in the "Enter reference" field?
The reference number should be the one that was entered by the sender using automation shipping tools. If you do not have the reference number, contact the shipper to obtain the reference number or use the tracking number to track instead.
- What kind of shipment will be shown on my "FedEx Tracking" View? How long does the shipment data last in the view?
By default, all the outbound shipments shipped via your FedEx Ship Manager™ at fedex.com account will be displayed for up to 60 days.
If your account number(s) and/or addresses are registered in FedEx InSight ®. Both Inbound and third party Shipments are visible up to 15 days from the ship date (if not yet delivered) and up to 4 days after delivery.
- After nicknaming my shipment, in my FedEx tracking view can I search for my shipment using the tracking number?
No, once a nickname is assigned to the shipment, it replaces the tracking number and becomes the search key for that shipment.
- I added a shipment to my view but there is some missing information under the addresses and shipment facts, why is this?
If the Tracking ID entered does not belong to your fedex.com login account, you will only see the Shipper and Recipient City and State. The Shipper or Recipient’s Contact Name and Address information will not be displayed. Also it will only show the summary information inside the "Shipment fact" section.
- How many “Saved Views” can be created and/or saved?
There is no limit and you can create as many "Saved Views" as you want.
- Is there a limit on the number of search items that can be selected under the Filter option?
Yes, filtering can be done based on fields that apply to the Package, Shipper, or Recipient. You can select up to six filters.
- How come I cannot see the signature proof of delivery signed by the recipient?
The signature image and additional recipient information may not be available for display in all countries. In markets where the signature of proof feature is not yet available the relevant fields will indicate N/A on the documentation.
- I can see the option of "Fax Letter" to request the Signature Proof of Delivery but it is not selectable?
The "Fax Letter" option is not ready at the moment. Once available you will be able to select this option.