Standard Conditions of Carriage
As part of our ongoing commitment to keeping our valued customers informed, we would like to take this opportunity to highlight some of the contractual conditions applicable to FedEx International Priority® and FedEx International Economy® shipments.
For complete terms and conditions governing FedEx services, please refer to the reverse side of the FedEx International Air Waybill, and the Standard Conditions of Carriage to which they refer. In the event of any inconsistency, the limits of liability set out below shall take precedence.
- Limits of Liability
1) If the Warsaw Convention as amended by Montreal Protocol No. 4 applies to your shipment, FedEx’s liability for loss, damage or delay or any other claim with regard to any shipment is limited to either: (i) the maximum amount set out in the Warsaw Convention as adopted by local law; or (ii) 17 Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) per kilogram#, unless the sender declares a higher value for carriage on the Air Waybill and the appropriate charge is paid.
2) If the Montreal Convention applies to your shipment, FedEx’s liability for loss, damage or delay or any other claim with regard to any shipment is limited to 19 SDRs per kilogram unless you declare a higher value for carriage and the appropriate charge is paid.
3) If for any reason the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention does not govern FedEx’s liability, FedEx’s maximum liability for loss, damage or delay or any other claim with regard to any shipment is limited to US$100 per shipment or US$20.00 per kilogram (US$9.07 per pound), whichever is greater, unless the sender declares a higher value for carriage on the Air Waybill, and the appropriate charge is paid.
4) If a higher value of carriage is declared (subject to the limits imposed on the value that may be declared as noted immediately below), FedEx's liability for loss, damage or delay of a shipment will not exceed its repair cost, its depreciated value or its replacement cost, whichever is the least.
# Actual weight will be applied.
- Declared Value Limits
1) FedEx Letter / FedEx Envelope / FedEx Pak
The maximum declared value for customs and carriage for a shipment using a FedEx Letter, FedEx Envelope or a FedEx Pak is US$100.00. Regardless of whether you declare a value for carriage exceeding US$100.00 for a FedEx Letter, a FedEx Envelope or a FedEx Pak, FedEx's maximum liability for any claim is limited to US$100.00.
2) Shipments of Extraordinary Value
Shipments containing any of the following items of extraordinary value are limited to a maximum declared value for carriage of US$1,000 per shipment or US$20 per kilogram, whichever is greater. Our maximum liability for any claim for such item is US$1,000 per shipment or 19 Special Drawing Rights ("SDR") per kg, whichever is greater. The conversion to local currency uses the exchange rate published by the International Monetary Fund.
Artwork Antiques Glassware Jewelry including watches and gems Precious metals Furs Ostrich and emu eggs Collector's items Film, photographic images Guitars and other musical instruments that are more than 20 years old Stocks, bonds, cash letters or cash equivalents Any commodity that by its inherent nature is particularly susceptible to damage, or the market value of which is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain Scale models (including, but not limited to, architectural models and dollhouses) and prototypes
* A detailed description of the above mentioned Items of Extraordinary Value are set out in the Standard Conditions of Carriage.
- Time limitations for notification of claim
Types of Claims Time Limitation Damage Claims Within twenty-one (21) days following the delivery day Non-delivery Claims Within nine (9) months after FedEx accepts the shipment.
1) Any claim exceeding US$500 must be made in writing within the time periods stated. You may telephone FedEx Customer Service to report your claim, however, you must still provide FedEx with written notice of your claim within the time periods.
2) Written supporting documentation of all claims must be delivered to FedEx within nine (9) months after FedEx accepts the shipment.
- Time limitations for notification of Money-Back Guarantee
At our option, and upon request, FedEx will either refund or credit to the applicable invoice only your transportation charges (do not include duty and taxes but includes fuel surcharges) if we deliver a shipment sixty (60) seconds or more after the applicable delivery commit time. Money back guarantee does not apply in the event of any delay caused by customs, other regulatory agencies or events outside of FedEx Express' control.
Types of Claims Time Limitation Invoiced shipments and Shipments sent using automated devices, including (but not limited to); FedEx Ship Manager® Software, FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com, FedEx Shipping Assistant software and/or FedEx Powership Within fifteen (15) calendar days from the invoice date. Shipments paid by cash, cheque, money order or credit card Within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of shipment.
Customers may notify us in writing or by telephone.
- Download Standard Conditions of Carriage
To view or download the complete Standard Conditions of Carriage, please click <here>