FedEx Express Singapore – Privacy Statement
FedEx Express Singapore (“FedEx”) is a subsidiary of FedEx Corp., which offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively under the respected FedEx brand (“FedEx Group”).
Personal Data Collected
We collect information about you when you register or correspond with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number and financial and credit card information. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Purpose of Personal Data Collection
We will use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide timely, reliable and value-added services to customers, including international express transportation, shipment tracking, customs brokerage, account management and billing, supply chain management, information management and technical support, e-commerce, and related services;
- to establish a customer relationship and to communicate with you;
- to process any transactions that you enter into with FedEx and respond to any enquiries you may have;
- to provide, develop, implement and manage services for you, including customer marketing materials and questionnaires that help us enhance our services;
- to assist in law enforcement efforts, collect unpaid debts, perform credit reporting and rating functions, and protect the business interests of FedEx and its business partners and customers;
- to manage and promote FedEx business activities;
- to meet requirements imposed by law; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to the website, and to administer and improve our website.
For our policy on using your personal data for marketing and promotional purposes, please see the section on Promotional and Direct Marketing below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, we may share your personal data with:
- appropriate persons in our parent and affiliated companies (which may be located within and outside Singapore);
- credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors, and they may keep a record of any search that they do;
- any person, including agents, contractors or third party service providers (within or outside the FedEx Group) who provides administrative, marketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or data processing or other services in connection with the operation of our business and provision of our products and services to you;
- any actual or proposed purchaser of all or part of the business or assets of FedEx, or in the case of any merger, acquisition or other public offering, the purchaser or subscriber for shares in FedEx or any company within the FedEx Group.
We will make all reasonable arrangements to ensure that personal data in our possession or under our control are protected against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Promotional and Direct Marketing
From time to time you may provide us with personal information for the purposes of helping us to improve your overall experience with us or helping us to provide relevant information about our products, services, and promotions.
By providing us with this personal information you consent to FedEx’s use of your personal information for promotional or direct marketing activities by way of email, SMS and post.
If you do not want your personal information to be utilised by us for promotional or direct marketing activities, please email email@example.com with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line OR click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our email notifications. If at any time you are unsure of how to access or correct your information please contact us.
You may ask us to stop collecting, using and disclosing your personal data at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer (for contact details, see below). However, if you do not provide this personal data or ask us to stop collecting, using or disclosing it, we may not be able to maintain your registration with the website, fulfil your orders, process your payments, provide products and services to you, respond to your correspondence, or comply with applicable laws.
Access to your information and correction
You have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and information about the ways in which we have used and disclosed that information. If you would like this information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (for contact details, see below). We may ask you to pay a minimal charge for this.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information enables us to distinguish you from other users of the website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the website. This information is also used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity, allowing us to improve the website.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser not to accept cookies, and remove cookies from your browser, or inform you when they are set. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about our personal data protection policies and practices or the information we hold about you:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call us at: 1800.743.2626
FedEx general terms and conditions
Please also see our Service Guide and Standard Conditions of Carriage for our terms of carriage, limitations of liability, and disclaimers of warranty and general terms applicable to all delivery services and various information used and provided with FedEx services.