HKTDC Small Orders Platform – New Account Offer
Terms and Conditions
1. By registering a new account with FedEx via the hktdc.com Small Orders online platform (“Campaign”), you are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. Campaign Period: The Campaign shall conclude on December 31, 2020.
3. Entry to Campaign
i. Entry into this Campaign is open to Hong Kong registered entities with a valid Business Registration Certificate(“Participants”).
ii. To enter this Campaign, Participants must successfully register a new FedEx account via the hktdc.com Small Orders online platform during the Campaign Period.
iii. Persons under the age of majority in the applicable jurisdiction of this Campaign must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of majority to enter.
iv. FedEx accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
v. If a Participant does not want his/her personal information to be utilized by FedEx for further promotional or direct marketing activities, the Participant may click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any FedEx email notifications or contact the FedEx Customer Service.
4. Promotional Discount
i. A Participant who has successfully entered this Campaign according to paragraph 3 above will enjoy a 40% discount off the list-priced basic freight charge of each Eligible Shipment (as defined below in paragraph (iii)) (the “Promotional Discount”), for twelve (12) months from the date of account registration. Other charges, including but not limited to fuel surcharge, duty and tax surcharges and other surcharges, are excluded from the Promotional Discount.
ii. The Promotional Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other shipping discount(s) and/or offer(s) provided by FedEx.
iii. “Eligible Shipments” must meet all of the following requirements:
- Shipments must be invoiced to, and settled by, the new FedEx account specified upon registration in order to enjoy the Promotional Discount;
- Shipments must be imports or exports using FedEx International Priority (IP), FedEx International Economy (IE), FedEx International Priority Freight (IPF), or FedEx International Economy Freight (IEF) services; and
- Shipments must not be any of the following services: FedEx 10kg and 25kg Box, spot rate, FedEx International Priority Direct Distribution (IPD), FedEx International Economy Direct Distribution (IED) or FedEx International First (INF).
iv. The Promotional Discount will only be applied to the new FedEx account registered via the hktdc.com Small Orders online platform.
vi. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions, FedEx reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to issue new discounts, modify FedEx's list rates, impose surcharges (including fuel surcharge) and to amend, modify, or discontinue this Campaign at any time, subject to the followings:
a. Change in Discounts or Discontinuance.
FedEx will provide not less than thirty (30) calendar days' prior notice of any change in the discounts or a discontinuance of this Campaign either by mail or by a message sent by an electronic transmission.
b. Other Changes.
Any amendment or modification to FedEx's list rates, surcharges (including fuel surcharge), or other terms and conditions of this Campaign, will be posted on www.fedex.com/en-hk/ and will also be available from FedEx Customer Service.
5. e-Shipping Voucher
i. A participant who has successfully enrolled in this Campaign according to paragraph 3 above will receive a HK$100 e-Shipping Voucher (“Voucher”) via email after registration.
ii. HK$100 e-Shipping Voucher
- The Voucher is valid to offset freight service charges for shipment sent during the time period stated on the Voucher. The Voucher can only be redeemed before the specified date stated on the Voucher.
- The Voucher is a one-time offer and can only be redeemed by the intended recipient, and is good for its value to offset freight service charges against one (1) FedEx invoice.
- The Voucher cannot be used to offset duties, taxes, ancillary charges, surcharges (including but not limited to dynamic fuel surcharges), handling or billing fees.
- The Voucher must be submitted to FSCHK@fedex.com together with the FedEx invoice number.
- The outstanding payment should be paid before the invoice due date.
- Voucher with incomplete/incorrect invoice number will not be processed.
- The Voucher cannot be used for cash-prepaid shipments (billed to credit card).
- The Voucher is not transferrable, not refundable and cannot be replaced if lost, damaged, defaced, stolen, expired, and/or voided.
- The Voucher, including any unused or remaining value associated with such Voucher, cannot be exchanged for cash, cash equivalents or any other gifts, goods or services of equal value.
- FedEx shall not be responsible for any claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses and/or liability of any kind whatsoever suffered, arising from or in connection with any unauthorized use of the Voucher.
- FedEx reserves the right to amend the offer as well as these Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- For enquiries, please contact FedEx Customer Service.
iii. FedEx reserves the right to replace the Voucher stated herein with other items of equivalent value without notice.
6. General Terms and Conditions
i. FedEx shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered by a Participant or other parties in connection with this Campaign, including but not limited to personal injury and tax obligations that may arise from accepting any of the rewards, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
ii. Eligibility to participate excludes the directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of FedEx, its related entities, suppliers, subcontractors, service providers and agencies associated with the Campaign stated herein as well as employees, agents, officers, and representatives of any government department, government owned entity, juristic person funded by any government department, political party or public international organization, or any candidates for political office.
iii. FedEx reserves the right to require the Participant(s) to execute a certificate of eligibility prior to awarding the promotional discount to the Participant(s), confirming that the Participant is not excluded from entry into this Campaign pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and that the Participant has complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. Truthful completion of this certificate is a precondition to the award of the discount.
v. If this Campaign is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures and any other causes beyond the control of FedEx, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Campaign, FedEx reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Campaign.
vi. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to this Campaign, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
vii. The terms and conditions of carriage in the applicable FedEx Express Air Waybill, in effect on the day of any shipment, shall apply to the shipment. If there is a conflict between the terms of the FedEx Express Air Waybill and these Terms and Conditions, the former will control.
viii. In the event of any disagreement between Participants and FedEx with respect to interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision made by FedEx will be final and no other further correspondence will be accepted. FedEx will not be obliged to award the discount if it is contrary to any applicable laws or regulations.
ix. FedEx reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.