Ship dangerous goods safely across the globe
Give your dangerous goods the attention they deserve. Rely on a capable and highly trained team with over three decades of experience shipping internationally, throughout Europe and to domestic markets.
Experience. Speed. Coverage.
In the world of dangerous goods, there’s value to shipping with an industry leader. We know the regulations. We understand your industry’s logistics needs. And it’s our role to ensure your goods reach their destination safe and sound.
Your dangerous goods are in good hands — we have:
- More than 30 years of experience handling dangerous goods
- Over 15 years as a member of the IATA
- An ISO 9001-2008 certification
- Dedicated storage areas, aircraft space and linehaul
Use these two express services, engineered for shipping dangerous goods
Built to ship quickly and efficiently, FedEx International Priority® (up to 68kg per package) or FedEx International Priority® Freight (between 68kg and 1,000kg per item) are the perfect combination of speed, reliability and safety.
Easily prepare special shipments
Shipping dangerous goods starts with one of our customer automation tools like FedEx Ship Manager®. Accessed through fedex.com, this powerful solution gives you unparalleled insight and control over your shipments, especially those needing special attention.
Make sure to pack, label and document your dangerous goods shipments according to international air (IATA) or European ground (ADR) regulations.
FedEx branded packaging may NOT be used to ship dangerous goods or dry ice, with the exceptions of:
- UN3373, Biological Substance Category B may be shipped in the FedEx UN3373 Pak.
- Authorized Lithium Battery Section II shipments may be shipped in FedEx branded boxes and tubes.
Ship the following types of dangerous goods with FedEx
Acceptance of commodities may depend on the consignment size and weight, the class, country as well as origin and destination zip code. Please contact Customer Service for further details.
|Hazard class||Division||Label||Description of possible Dangerous Goods shipped with FedEx|
|Accessible Dangerous Goods:|
|Class 1||1.1-1.6||Explosives||Not accepted|
|2.3||Poison Gas||Not accepted|
|Class 3||3||Flammable Liquid||Accepted|
|Class 4||4.1||Flammable Solid||Accepted|
|4.2||Spontaneously Combustible Material||Accepted|
|4.3||Dangerous When Wet Material||Accepted|
|Class 8||Corrosive||Accepted in most cases|
|Inaccesible Dangerous Goods:|
|Class 6||6.1||Poison - Toxic||Accepted**|
|6.2||Infectious Sustances||Only category B UN3373 accepted|
||Radioactive Material||Not accepted|
* Acceptance of commodities may depend on the consignment size and weight, the class, country as well as origin and destination zip code. Please contact Customer Service for further details.
** Classes 6.1 I and 6.1 II only with special packing, Classes 6.1 III accepted.
Get industry-leading coverage and transit times
Expand the reach of your business farther than you ever thought possible — ship dangerous goods to and from 60 countries and ship dry ice to and from 90 countries1.
|Country||Dangerous Goods||Dry Ice|
|British Virgin Islands||-||✓|
|Ireland, Republic of||✓||✓|
|St. Kitts and Nevis||✓||✓|
|St. Martin/St Maarten||✓||✓|
|Taiwan, Republic of China||✓||✓|
|Trinidad and Tobago||✓||✓|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||-||✓|
|U.S. Virgin Islands||✓||✓|
|United Arab Emirates||✓||✓|
1 UN3373 Dangerous Goods can be shipped to over 220 countries and territories worldwide. Details per country can be found at: http://www.fedex.com/us/dangerous-goods/index.html or by contacting Customer Service.
Get the facts on shipping with dry ice
- If dry ice is used to refrigerate dangerous goods:
- Make sure to identify, classify, pack, mark and label your dangerous goods shipments
- Shipper’s Declaration is required
- Dangerous goods surcharge applies
- If dry ice is used to refrigerate non-dangerous goods such as perishables:
- Make sure to identify, classify, pack, mark and label your dry ice shipments
- Shipper’s Declaration not required
- Dry ice surcharge applies
Ship your lithium batteries safely and efficiently
FedEx takes also care of the transport of your shipment containing lithium batteries and complies with the latest International Air Transport Association (IATA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations for shipping such items.
We want to ensure that you are aware of all the requirements in shipping these products and help you to overcome any challenges or obstacles you may face.