Service, Regulatory Updates and Important Notifications
Congratulations to the following winners of a VISA gift card:
FedEx Automation Promotion
- GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY
- STANDARD AERO
- LINNEYS JEWELLERY PTY LTD
- PHENOMENEX AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
- HI-Q ELECTRONICS LTD
- NZ MAIL LTD - UOA
FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) Promotion
- SILVER TRAK DIGITAL
- FISH HEAD
- COLAN PRODUCTS
- REM SYSTEMS LIMITED
- WORTH AND DOUGLAS LTD
- ADEPT MEDICAL LIMITED
Effective March 1, 2021, FedEx and TNT will be prohibiting, in all of its domestic and international networks, shipments of all electronic cigarettes and their component parts, any other similar device that relies on vaporization or aerosolization, and any noncombustible liquid or gel, regardless of the presence of nicotine, that can be used with any such device.
If an unauthorized electronic cigarettes or vaping products shipment is identified in any FedEx/TNT network during the handling process, it will be treated as a prohibited item in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of carriage.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause for your business.
We are pleased to inform you that effective 4 January 2021, FedEx will start handling Dry Ice shipments on International Priority (IP) and International Priority Freight (IPF) services in New Zealand. Dry Ice shipped via the International Priority services can only be shipped from New Zealand to Australia (outbound) into Australia (via Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth and Darwin) and can only be accepted from the US, Belgium and Australia (inbound) into New Zealand. Dry Ice will only be accepted into Auckland in New Zealand.
For more details about Dry Ice handling in New Zealand and the FedEx range of services, please refer to the following link https://www.fedex.com/en-us/service-guide/dangerous-goods/international-locations.html or alternatively call our Customer Service Team at 0800 733 339.
Note: All services are subject to the customer’s agreement with FedEx, which may include FedEx Standard Conditions of Carriage, FedEx Services Guide, FedEx Air Waybill or other transit documents.
As a reminder, customers in New Zealand shipping with FedEx manual air waybills are required to pay a surcharge of NZD12.50 per shipment.
We encourage you to start using FedEx Ship ManagerTM at fedex.com so that you can enjoy the benefits:
- Save Time – frequently used information can be saved for future shipments
- More Accuracy – by reducing the risk of manual documentation errors and customs delays
- Proactive Notifications – send shipment status emails to senders, recipients and third parties
- Extra Convenience – multiple online functions to ship, track request pick-ups, rate quotes and more…
- Easy Access – ready to use anytime, anywhere with an internet connection
To learn more about FedEx’s shipping tools, please click here or visit our YouTube channel with useful training videos. For more information or support please contact your Account Executive or our customer service team.
As part of FedEx and TNT safety and security requirements, effective January 11, 2021, shippers with no registered shipping accounts tendering shipments to us over the counter must present a valid government-issued photo identity card1. Information will be collected for safety and security purposes and will only be used as required or permitted by law2.
Prior to acceptance at the counter, please open the package for inspection by FedEx, TNT or our authorized representatives3. In addition, all shipments may be subject to security inspection, including X-rays.
1 Examples: National ID Card, Passport, Social Security Card, Driver’s license, etc.
3 FedEx and TNT reserve the right to reject any shipment that contains prohibited items or does not meet our safety and security requirements.
To account for additional processing time, effective November 23, 2020, an additional business day for transit will be required for shipments to Mainland China when using manual air waybill*.
That’s why you need FedEx Ship Manager™ at fedex.com (FSM) – a convenient, one-stop online tool that allows you to prepare your air waybill and shipment paperwork more efficiently. There’s no additional surcharge** or processing time when you ship online. Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of digital shipping.
* This refers to the multi-ply paper manual air waybills.
** A surcharge was imposed to manual air waybills since June 2020, click here for details.
FedEx strives to make your shipping experience as straightforward as possible. When organizing a shipment to Australia, it is important to provide the following mandatory details:
1. Shipper full name (first and last name as a minimum) and full delivery address
2. Consignee full name (first and last name as a minimum) and full delivery address
3. Telephone number or email address
4. Clear description of goods. No part numbers, generic descriptions or abbreviations. Weight also must be greater than zero
5. Value of the goods to reflect true market value and match the commercial invoice
You need to provide these details to ensure efficiency and to minimize processing delays. If you require support, please contact your Account Managers or our customer service team.
COVID-19 has disrupted supply chains, reducing air cargo capacity globally.
This disruption has caused us to make adjustments to our networks which has increased our costs. As a result, we announced a 'Temporary Surcharge' on all FedEx Express and TNT international parcel and freight shipments beginning April 6, 2020.
Beginning November 2, 2020, the 'Temporary Surcharge' will be renamed as 'Peak Surcharge'.
As an effort to improve the efficiency of our FedEx network, we will adjust delivery commitment times and delivery practices for selected FedEx Express inbound services for U.S. residential delivery.
• Effective September 28, 2020, the delivery commitment time for FedEx inbound International Priority (IP) and International Priority Distribution (IPD) services to the U.S. (residential delivery only) will be adjusted from 10:30am to 12:00noon.
• Effective October 5, 2020, delivery practices for all FedEx U.S. inbound residential shipments will change. These shipments will be left at the door on first attempt if recipient is unavailable, unless the shipper requested a Signature Service option of either Indirect Signature Required (ISR), Direct Signature Required (DSR) or Adult Signature required (ASR).
Shipping Regulatory Update
Online Fraud Alert
Sign up for FedEx eNews
Email is a great way to be alerted about the latest news that may impact your shipments and stay updated with special offers.
You can change your email preference anytime. Add, remove something no longer needed or unsubscribe.