PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
Federal Express (China) Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) recognizes its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data under the personal information protection laws and regulations of P. R. China. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes, and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by FedEx is accurate, the security of the personal data, and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use.
Personal data collected from you is collected for the following purposes:
- To provide timely, reliable and value-added services to customers including international express transportation, shipment tracking, customs brokerage, account management and billing, supply chain management, information management and technical support, e-commerce, and related services;
- To establish a customer relationship and to communicate with you;
- To process any transactions that you enter into with FedEx and respond to any enquiries you may have;
- To provide, develop, implement, provide and manage services for you, including customer marketing materials and questionnaires that help us enhance our services;
- To assist in law enforcement efforts, collect unpaid debts, perform credit reporting and rating functions, and protect the business interests of FedEx and its business partners and customers;
- To manage and promote FedEx business activities;
- To meet requirements imposed by law; and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
If we do not collect such information from you, we cannot process your application or provide our services to you.
For our policy on using your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, please see the section on Direct Marketing below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be:
- Made available to appropriate persons in our parent and affiliated companies (which may be located within and outside China);
- Transferred to any person including agents, contractors or third party service providers (within or outside the FedEx group and located within or outside China) who provides administrative, marketing, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or other services in connection with the operation of our business and provision of our products and services to you;
- Disclosed to any government departments or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities in China or elsewhere, such as the China Customs or Tax Authority;
- Made available to any actual or proposed purchaser of all or part of the business of FedEx or, in the case of any merger, acquisition or other public offering, the purchaser or subscriber for shares in FedEx or any company within the FedEx group; and
- Used, disclosed or transferred for any purpose directly related to your dealings with any company within the FedEx group.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties, who may be located within or outside China.
In addition, we may also use your name and contact details for promotional or marketing purposes (including direct marketing) to send you promotional materials in relation to the following products and services: logistics, transportation and shipping (“Class of Marketing Subject”). We may also provide your personal information to third party providers of any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects (whether within or outside the FedEx group of companies) so that they can send you promotional materials and conduct direct marketing in relation to the products and services they offer.
If you do not wish to receive promotional and marketing material from us, please inform us by CALLING 800.988.1888/400.886.1888/400.889.1888, OR SENDING US EMAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data that you do not want disclosed.