Service, Regulatory Updates and Important Notifications
We expect a surge in shipping volume before the China National Day Holiday.
To assist you in planning your shipment, we wish to give you advance notice that the transit time for outbound shipments from China, Hong Kong SAR and South Korea will be temporarily extended, as per the table below.
|Origins||Destinations||Affected Services||Additional transit time
|International Priority (IP)
International Priority Freight (IPF)
|1||Sep 24 – Oct 1|
|International Economy (IE)
International Economy Freight (IEF)
|Europe, Middle East,
Indian Subcontinent, and Africa
|IE/IEF||3||Sep 27 – Oct 1|
|Hong Kong SAR||USA, Canada,
|IP/IPF/IE/IEF||1||Sep 26 – Oct 1|
|South Korea||Asia||IP/IPF/IE/IEF||1||Sep 27 – Oct 1|
* If the shipment is picked up after the cut off time, the Pickup Date will be the next day.
If you have further questions about the holiday service extension, please contact your Sales Representative or our Customer Service Hotline.
Thank you for choosing FedEx Express as your business partner.
In order to speed up clearance and to shorten delivery time, starting from September 1, 2019, we will enhance our service to provide pre-clearance in Guangzhou Airport for inbound formal entry shipments in South China.
If you choose this service, you need to meet below requirements:
- If the inbound shipments are no need to reweight or to double check the packages’ amounts. These shipments are none-wooden packaging. Then this service is available.
- Customers need to offer accurate and complete clearance documents to us on the day of pickup until one business day prior to their shipments’ arrival.
- Customers have processed paperless agreement with Guangzhou custom and have signed E-POA agreement registration in China E-port website.
- For E-bank customers, they should pay duty and tax to customs before 8pm on the day of declaration.
If you want to get more details, please contact your Sales Representative, call our Customer Service Hotline at 800.988.1888/400.886.1888 (International).
Effective September 30, 2019, the correct postal code will be required when you ship to Saudi Arabia. This will allow us to improve service and satisfy regulatory compliance requirements.
It is important to note that on the effective date, FedEx will accept only shipments that have the correct postal code and postal code format. Without this information, you will no longer be able to generate a shipping label using a FedEx automation solution.
If you frequently use the address book feature or other recipient address source, you will need to update any entries for this country to ensure that the correct postal code and format are saved by September 29, 2019.
We recommend updating your recipient delivery address information now to prevent issues with shipping label generation.
Refer to the following table for the postal formats:
|Country Code||Regions||Postal Format Effective September 30, 2019|
|Middle East||NNNNN (5 digits)|
Thank you for taking the time to make this important change to your address book.
Shipping Regulatory Update
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) issued a notice on an increase in Section 301 tariffs on US $200 billion worth of Chinese imports from 10 percent to 25 percent as of 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on May 10, 2019.
The impacted categories of goods can be found from the link below: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2018-Oct/Section301_HTSUS_Ref-Guide_Oct2-2018.pdf
On May 13, China announced its decision to raise the tariff rate imposed on some imported U.S. products as of June 1, 2019. China had earlier imposed additional tariffs on US $60 billion worth of U.S. imports. The additional tariff rates on some products will be increased to 25 percent, 20 percent, and 10 percent. Those commodities with a 5 percent tariff rate will remain 5 percent.
The impacted categories of goods can be viewed on the below link (For your reference): http://gss.mof.gov.cn/zhengwuxinxi/zhengcefabu/201905/t20190513_3256788.html
There is no change on the shipping process and documents required. However, if you need further assistance, please contact your Sales Representative, call our Customer Service Hotline at 800.988.1888/400.886.1888
According to the regulation stated in Announcement No. 39, 2019 issued by the Ministry of Finance, the State Taxation Administration and General Administration of Customs, effective April 1, 2019, the 10% VAT rate for taxable activity will be reduced to 9%. Therefore, the VAT treatment for FedEx Domestic and International Express services will be adjusted as follows. FedEx outbound shipments remain VAT exempt.
• For FedEx Domestic shipments shipped on or after April 1, 2019, the VAT applicable rate will be reduced from 10% to 9%.
• For FedEx Inbound collect shipments shipped on or after April 1, 2019, the VAT applicable rate will be reduced from 10% to 9%.
• The VAT applicable rate on the duty and tax of goods imported which clearance date on or after April 1, 2019 will be reduced from 10% to 9% who use FedEx to pay Customs for their inbound shipments and the Customs receipts are issued in name of FedEx.
For further information, please contact your Sales Representative, call our Customer Service Hotline at 400.889.1888 (Domestic) or 800.988.1888/400.886.1888 (International).
Online Fraud Alert
Domestic Service Customer News
Sign up for FedEx eNews
Email is a great way to be alerted about the latest news that may impact your shipments and stay updated with special offers..
You can change your email preference anytime. Add, remove something no longer needed or unsubscribe.