Logging In To Handheld Device
FedEx will set up a user name and password for each Delivery Site, and will notify the location of that information in a separate, secure communication.
1. To log in to the device, enter the provided User ID and Password into the device.
Receiving Packages from FedEx
FedEx will deliver packages to the Delivery Site during normal business hours on Business Days. The packages will be from FedEx Express and FedEx Ground. The Delivery Site location will not be responsible for notifying the FedEx customer that their package is ready for pick up. FedEx will provide the customer with package status updates that include the Delivery Site business name and address details.
1. FedEx will deliver package(s) to the Delivery Site
2. FedEx drivers will conduct a transfer scan to the Delivery Site
3. The Delivery Site employee will separate Company’s inbound packages from those packages intended for FedEx customers.
4. The Delivery Site employee will log into the device
5. The Delivery Site employee will select “FedEx” icon and then “Accept from Driver” icon
6. The Delivery Site employee will scan FedEx customer package(s) being dropped off at the Delivery Site by the FedEx driver
7. The Delivery Site employee will secure the FedEx customer package(s) until the recipient arrives
8. The Delivery Site employee will select the “Customer” icon and the “Release a Package” option. The Delivery Site employee will scan Company’s inbound packages and this scan will serve as Proof of Delivery for Company’s inbound deliveries. This step must be completed within 5 minutes of the FedEx delivery.
Daily Package Inventory Management
1. Delivery Site employee will select “FedEx” icon and then “Scan Inventory” on device, and then follow instructions as provided by the device to scan all packages stored at location once per day after the last FedEx pickup in the evening.
2. Once a package has been at the Delivery Site for five days as indicated by the daily package inventory scan, the Delivery Site employee will place a FedEx provided sticker on the package.
3. When FedEx drivers arrive at location for package return to FedEx, the Delivery Site employee retrieves the expired package, selects “FedEx” icon and then “Release to Driver” option and hands package(s) to FedEx driver. FedEx Express drivers will pick up FedEx Express packages and FedEx Ground drivers will pick up FedEx Ground packages.