Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a customer question below to find a quick answer.
- When is the FedEx® Compatible Solutions Program right for me?
It's right for you if you need to ship with more than one carrier from a single shipping system and prefer the convenience of shipping from within your own proprietary software or computer application.
- What is a FedEx Compatible Solutions Program provider?
A third-party software solution with features of FedEx® services integrated into it. FedEx tests the shipping functionality within the third-party software.
- Which FedEx shipping services are supported through the FedEx Compatible Solutions Program?
The FedEx Compatible Solutions Program supports FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services unless otherwise noted. Some solutions support FedEx SmartPost®. Many providers also offer generic Bill-of-Lading support for LTL (less-than-truckload) and FTL (full-truckload). As FedEx adds features to our portfolio, FedEx Compatible Solutions Program Providers add them as well.
- Do all software solutions have multi-carrier functionality?
No. Some e-commerce, accounting and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions support only FedEx services or FedEx and USPS® services. All Transportation Management System (TMS) and Warehouse Management System (WMS) solutions offer multi-carrier functionality.
- Are there minimum volume or revenue requirements for customers to use a FedEx Compatible Solutions Program provider's software?
No. FedEx functionality is built into these solutions for your convenience — whether you ship one package a day or 1,000.