Ship Your Gear Program FAQs
- What is the Ship Your Gear Program?
This program offers FedEx customers within the snow sports industry the convenience of shipping snow sports gear to the mountains and the opportunity to enjoy discounts with FedEx. You can save up to a 16% discount on select FedEx Express® services, an 8% discount on select FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services and up to 15% on select FedEx Ground services to Canada off FedEx standard list rates on shipments created through the FedEx® online shipping application, FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com and FedEx Ship Manager® Software.
- Who is eligible for the FedEx Save Now Program?
To be eligible for the program, a participant must open or have an active FedEx account in good standing and be a U.S.-based payor. Customers who currently have any kind of FedEx discounts, including but not limited to, any earned or bonus discounts, or who have any surcharge waiver or other waivers, any custom shipment weight minimum, or any custom dimensional weight factor, all as determined solely by FedEx, are not eligible to participate in the program. For a detailed list of program restrictions, close this window and click on the "Program Agreement" link in the top right-hand corner.
- What are the eligibility requirements for the discount?
To be eligible for the discount, generally you must:
- Agree to the terms of the Program Agreement.
- Have an active FedEx account number, with no other discounts applicable to the account.
- Apply for the promotion on fedex.com and receive a confirmation online when you complete the application process.
- Ship via one of the eligible FedEx® services using a shipping label produced through the FedEx online shipping application, FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com or FedEx Ship
Manager® Software. For complete eligibility details, close this window and click on the "Program Agreement" link in the top right-hand corner.
- Which FedEx® services are eligible for the discount?
Eligible customers may use the following FedEx services via FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com or FedEx Ship Manager® Software to receive the following international and U.S. discounts.
16% discount for these FedEx Express® services:
- FedEx International Priority®
- FedEx International Economy®
- FedEx Priority Overnight®>
- FedEx Standard Overnight®
- FedEx 2Day®
- FedEx Express Saver®
- FedEx International Priority® Freight
- FedEx International Economy® Freight
- FedEx 1Day® Freight
- FedEx 2Day® Freight
- FedEx 3Day® Freight
An 8% discount for these FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services:
Up to 15% discount for FedEx Ground® service to Canada:
- 5% discount on packages weighing 6-10 lbs.
- 10% discount on packages weighing 11-15 lbs.
- 15% discount on packages weighing 16-150 lbs.
- Where can I read the Terms and Conditions?
For Program terms, close this window and click on the "Program Agreement" link in the top right-hand corner.
- How long will the discount apply?
The discount is ongoing with customer activation on FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com or FedEx Ship Manager® Software.
- Why do you require my e-mail address for the Ship Your Gear Program?
- How do I know I received the discount?
You will automatically receive confirmation that you are eligible for the Ship Your Gear Program either immediately after applying for the discount by receiving a confirmation screen on fedex.com or within a few hours via e-mail.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my discount?
First, refer to the Program Agreement. You can contact FedEx U.S. Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339, or FedEx International Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.(say "international services")
- What if I have additional questions?
You can access more FAQs about FedEx® services and online shipping tools at fedex.com. Select the New Customer Center on the fedex.com home page. Or if you have specific questions, you can reach a FedEx expert via our toll-free customer support lines.
- FedEx U.S. Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339
- FedEx International Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 (say "international services")
- FedEx Express® Freight Services: 1.800.332.0807
- FedEx Billing and Invoice Questions: 1.800.622.1147
- FedEx Customer Technology Support Solutions: 1.877.339.2774
- FedEx Regulatory Consulting: 1.800.851.3336
- FedEx Packaging Design and Development: 1.800.633.7019
- FedEx Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Hotline: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339, press 81
- How do I apply for the Ship Your Gear Program?
Return to the offer Web site and proceed with the simple enrollment process.
- How do I apply for a FedEx account number?
Obtaining a FedEx® account number is a required part of the application process for the Ship Your Gear Program for customers without an existing FedEx account number. To apply for a FedEx account, go to fedex.com and select Open a FedEx Account in the New Customer Center.
- How do I register to use FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com or FedEx Ship Manager® Software?
When you apply for the Ship Your Gear Program, you will be asked to accept and agree to the terms and conditions for the program, FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com and fedex.com. After agreeing and accepting all the terms and conditions, you will automatically become a registered user of FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com. When you are ready to ship a package, just go to fedex.com/us/ and click on the Ship tab in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. Log in with the user ID and password you selected when you signed up for the program. Then start shipping.
To obtain your copy of FedEx Ship Manager® Software, follow these easy installation steps:
- Review the pre-installation checklist.
- Download the FedEx Ship Manager Software
- Follow on-screen installation instructions.
- Download documentation for help with software installation and registration.
For detailed information on completing the pre-installation checklist and downloading, installing and registering the latest version of FedEx Ship Manager Software, go to the FedEx Ship Manager® Software Web site (fedex.com/us/software/).
- Which credit cards will FedEx accept for this discount?
- American Express
- Diners Club
- How do I ship a package through FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com?
Simply go to fedex.com and click on the Ship tab, which takes you to the log-in screen. After you have logged into FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com, there are just a few simple steps:
- Complete your shipping label online. (If you've already put a recipient in your online Address Book, select that recipient's name and address from the drop-down menu.)
- Print out the shipping label on a laser/inkjet printer or thermal printer.
- Package your shipment.
- Drop the package off at a FedEx location, give it to your scheduled courier, or schedule a pickup online.
- What are the advantages of using FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com?
Any time of the day, you can use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com to:
- Prepare and print U.S. and international shipping labels.
- Ship packages via FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® (although FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery are not eligible for the discount in the FedEx Small Business Savings Program).
- Store up to 2,000 frequently used addresses in your online FedEx Ship Manager® Address Book.
- Generate an online record of your transactions.
- Request a FedEx Express or FedEx Ground pickup online.
- Choose to notify as many as three parties and yourself using e-mail notifications that your package is on its way or has been delivered.
- Track your package status online - origin to destination.
- Get an account-specific rate quote.
- What are the advantages of using FedEx Ship Manager® Software?
- Does not require high-speed Internet connections.
- Integrates with most accounting, order management, warehouse management and other business systems.
- Supports most FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Home Delivery® and FedEx Express® Freight transactions.
- Delivers tracking, rating, and precise reporting.
- Includes accessible, easy-to-update address book.
- Generates shipping labels quickly and easily.
- Saves time by storing shipment preferences for recipients.
- Teaches with easy to find, intuitive help menus built-in.
- Cuts paper costs by saving reports electronically.
- Offers a variety of integration and networking options.
- Presents several options for delivery signature requirements.
- Provides effective features and help screens for international shipping and customs forms.
- Are there any time-saving tips for using FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com?
Some of the most convenient tips are:
- Bookmark the FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com log-in page on your computer to eliminate steps.
- You may check the "Remember my user ID on this computer" box so you won't have to re-enter your user ID and password every time you want to ship a package.
- Use your online Address Book to save time preparing shipping label.
- Use the e-mail notifications to notify you and up to three others that a package has been sent and delivered.
- Take advantage of the Shipment Profiles feature, which allows you to create a shipping label with just two clicks for repeat shipments of the same kind to the same address.
- How can I learn more about using FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com and FedEx Ship Manager® Software?
To learn more about FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com, go to fedex.com helpguide. Should there be a backslash before "helpguide"?