Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the FedEx discount program?
This program offers FedEx customers, especially small businesses, the opportunity to enjoy additional savings on their shipping.
- Who is eligible for the FedEx discount program?
To be eligible for the program, a participant must open a FedEx account or have an active FedEx account in good standing, and be a U.S.-based payor.
- What are the eligibility requirements for the discount?
To be eligible for the discount, generally you must:
- Agree to the terms of the Program Agreement.
- Have an active FedEx account number.
- Apply for the promotion on fedex.com and receive a confirmation online when you complete the application process.
- Ship from or within the U.S. via one of the eligible FedEx® services.
For complete eligibility details, close this window and click the "Program Agreement" link in the top right corner.
- Which FedEx® services are eligible for the discount?
U.S. and international express services
U.S. and international express return services
U.S. and international freight services
U.S. ground services
U.S. ground return services
International ground services
LTL/Ground freight services
- Where can I read the Terms and Conditions?
For program Terms and Conditions, close this window and click the "Program Agreement" link in the top right corner.
- How long will the discounts apply?
The discount is ongoing, subject to the terms and conditions of the Program Agreement.
- Why do you require my email address for the FedEx discount program?
- How do I know whether I qualify for the discounts?
You will automatically receive confirmation for the FedEx savings either immediately after applying for the discount via a confirmation screen on fedex.com, or within a few hours via confirmation email.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my discounts?
First, refer to the Program Agreement. Or, if you have an account executive, contact him or her directly. You can also contact FedEx U.S. Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339, or FedEx International Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 (and say “international services”).
- What if I have additional questions about my discounts?
You can access more FAQs about FedEx® services and online shipping tools at fedex.com. Select New Customer Center under the Support drop-down menu on the fedex.com home page. Or if you have specific questions, you can reach a FedEx expert via our toll-free customer support lines.
- FedEx U.S. Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339
- FedEx International Customer Service: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 (and say “international services”)
- FedEx Express Freight Customer Service: 1.800.332.0807
- FedEx Freight (LTL) Customer Service: 1.866.393.4585
- FedEx Billing and Invoice Questions: 1.800.622.1147
- FedEx Customer Technical Support Solutions: 1.877.339.2774
- FedEx Regulatory Consulting: 1.800.851.3336
- FedEx Packaging Design and Development: 1.800.633.7019
- FedEx Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Hotline: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 (and say “dangerous goods”)
- How do I apply for the FedEx discount program?
Return to the Overview page and proceed with the simple enrollment process.
- How do I apply for a FedEx account number?
Obtaining a FedEx account number is a required part of the application process for the FedEx discount program for customers without an existing FedEx account number. To apply for a FedEx account, go to the New Customer Center under the Support drop-down menu on fedex.com.
- What is the difference between a business and a personal account?
To be eligible for a business account, a company must be listed as a business in its local directory assistance or have a Dun & Bradstreet listing.
- How do I register to use FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com or FedEx Ship Manager® Software?
When you apply for the FedEx discount program, you will be asked to accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions for the program and FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com. After agreeing and accepting all the Terms and Conditions, you will automatically become a registered user of FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com. When you are ready to ship a package, just go to fedex.com and select Create a Shipment under the Shipping drop-down menu. Log in with the user ID and password you selected when you signed up for the program. Then start shipping.
To obtain your copy of FedEx Ship Manager Software, follow these easy installation steps:
- Review the preinstallation checklist.
- Download FedEx Ship Manager Software.
- Follow on-screen installation instructions.
- Download documentation for help with software installation and registration.
For detailed information about completing the preinstallation checklist and downloading, installing, and registering the latest version of FedEx Ship Manager Software, go to the FedEx Ship Manager Software website.
- How do I ship a package through FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Simply go to fedex.com and select Create a Shipment under the Shipping drop-down menu, which takes you to the login screen. After you've logged in to FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com, there are just a few simple steps:
- Complete your shipping label online. (If you've already put a recipient in your online Address Book, select that recipient's name and address from the drop-down menu.)
- Print the shipping label on a laser/inkjet printer or thermal printer.
- Pack your shipment.
- Drop off the package at a FedEx location, give it to your scheduled courier at your place of business, or schedule a pickup online.
- What are the advantages of using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Any time of the day, you can use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com to:
- Prepare and print U.S. and international shipping labels.
- Store up to 2,000 frequently used addresses in your online FedEx Ship Manager Address Book.
- Generate an online record of your transactions.
- Request a FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, or FedEx Freight® pickup online.
- Use email to notify as many as three parties and yourself that your package is on its way or has been delivered.
- Track your package status online — origin to destination.
- Get an account-specific rate quote.
- What are the advantages of using FedEx Ship Manager® Software?
- Doesn't require high-speed Internet connections.
- Integrates with most accounting, order management, warehouse management, and other business systems.
- Supports most FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Home Delivery® transactions.
- Delivers tracking, rating, and precise reporting.
- Includes accessible, easy-to-update Address Book.
- Generates shipping labels quickly and easily.
- Saves time by storing shipment preferences for recipients.
- Teaches with easy-to-find, intuitive help menus.
- Cuts paper costs by saving reports electronically.
- Offers a variety of integration and networking options.
- Presents several options for delivery signature requirements.
- Provides effective features and help screens for international shipping and customs forms.
- Are there any timesaving tips for using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Some of the most convenient tips are:
- Bookmark the FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com login page on your computer to eliminate steps.
- You may check the "Remember Me" box so you won't have to re-enter your user ID and password every time you want to ship a package.
- Use your online Address Book to save time preparing shipping labels.
- Use email to notify you and up to three others that a package has been sent and delivered.
- Take advantage of the Shipment Profiles feature, which allows you to create a shipping label with just two clicks for repeat shipments of the same kind to the same address.
- How can I learn more about using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com and FedEx Ship Manager Software?
- What are other timesaving features on fedex.com?
You can save time by using the following fedex.com applications:
- Tracking: Check the status of up to 30 shipments, from origin to destination, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Courier Pickup: Schedule a pickup without using the phone.
- Dropoff Locator: Get a map and directions to your nearest FedEx location, as well as the latest dropoff times.
- Rate Finder: Determine the cost of sending a shipment from anywhere in the U.S. to destinations worldwide.
- FedEx® Address Checker: Check the accuracy of your shipping addresses.
- Signature Proof of Delivery: View the recipient's signature online.
- Supplies Online: Order FedEx supplies quickly and conveniently.
- FedEx® Billing Online: Review and settle your FedEx invoices online.
- My FedEx®: Customize the information you need from FedEx.