Count on FedEx Ground when you need a reliable, cost-effective solution for packages that do not require the speed of express shipping.
- How is FedEx Ground different from FedEx Express?
FedEx Ground provides day-definite delivery within 1 to 7 business days within Canada and 2 to 7 business days to the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii. FedEx Express provides time-definite delivery of documents, packages and palletized freight to more than 220 countries and territories.
- How can I get a FedEx Ground account?
If you don't have a FedEx account, you can open an account online. This account will enable you to start shipping using both FedEx Express and FedEx Ground services.
Some older accounts are only enabled for FedEx Express services. If you already have a FedEx Express account, and want to ship with FedEx Ground, please call FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339, or contact your FedEx account representative who will provide you with the materials you need to start shipping with FedEx Ground.
- How long will it take for my FedEx Ground packages to arrive?
Typically, FedEx Ground packages are delivered within 1 to 7 business days, depending upon point of origin and final destination. Packages traveling through customs may take longer to arrive. For more information on the transit time for your shipments, get a rate and transit time quote online.
- Are there any package weight and size restrictions for FedEx Ground shipments?
Yes. A package may weigh up to 150 pounds (68 kg) and have a combined length and girth of no more than 130 inches (330 cm).
- Can I ship packages to a residence with FedEx Ground?
Yes. FedEx Ground packages delivered to a residence will incur a fee of $3.25 per package. If the package is destined for a rural address, additional fees may also apply.
- What is the difference between Commercial and Residential delivery?
Commercial deliveries are those made to businesses by a FedEx Ground driver. A Residential delivery is one made to a home, including a home-based business.
- How do I prepare a FedEx Ground package?
Use your own packaging for ground shipments. You can create and print combined bar-code and address labels, as well as print your shipping manifest right from your desktop. When you are ready to ship, give the shipping manifest to your FedEx Ground driver. Or you can manually complete your own address label and apply a pre-preprinted bar-code label.
FedEx Ground Bar-code label
FedEx Ground shipments to the U.S. require a blue international shipment label. Please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 for more information.
Complete all fields and do not include any abbreviations. Place next to the bar-code label on the widest part of the package 4 inches (10.16 cm) from the edge.
FedEx Ground Pickup Record
If you process your shipment manually, complete the page in the pickup record book when you are ready to ship and give it to your FedEx Ground driver.
All non-document international shipments also require a Commercial Invoice for FedEx Ground. It is the official transaction record between an exporter and an importer, and is relied on by customs officials to clear shipments across international borders. Gifts, videotapes, drawings, and all other non-document shipments, regardless of value, require a Commercial Invoice.
You may also require a NAFTA Certificate of Origin for shipments to Mexico or the U.S., and an Export Declaration B13A. You can download or complete these and other commonly used export forms online.
Additional steps for FedEx Ground shipments to the U.S.:
- Affix a FedEx International Ground bar code on top of each package.
- Complete and affix a blue FedEx Ground international shipment label to each package. You can number each package in the shipment in consecutive order in the box labelled 'Package #'. In the box labelled 'Total Pkgs in Shipment', record the total number of packages in the shipment.
- Prepare and attach the customs documents. Include 5 copies of the Commercial Invoice for FedEx Ground in the FedEx Ground Pouch labelled 'Customs Documents Enclosed' and affix it to the first package in the shipment.
- Complete the FedEx Ground Pickup Record. In the lower right-hand corner, total the number of packages shipped to the U.S.that day.
To order FedEx Ground bar code labels, Pickup Records and supplies, please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. For more information on how to prepare shipping documents for your FedEx Ground shipments, please visit our online Shipping Guide .