Frequently Asked Questions
FedEx® Mobile Solutions
- What are the features I can expect from FedEx Mobile?
- Track status of any package or freight shipment using My FedEx®
- Receive shipment notifications
- Find staffed and self-service FedEx locations
- Schedule a pickup for FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, and FedEx Freight® shipments
- Get account-specific rate quotes
- Access your fedex.ca Address Book
- Provide feedback directly to FedEx
- What devices does mobile shipping support?
Supported Devices for the FedExMobile website: web-enabled phones (e.g. Android, iPhone, Blackberry).
Supported Devices for the FedEx Mobile for iPhone: iPad, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod Touch. Data plan required. Charges from carrier may apply.
Supported Devices for FedEx Mobile for BlackBerry® smartphones: BlackBerry® Tour™, BlackBerry® Torch™, BlackBerry® Bold™, BlackBerry® Pearl™, BlackBerry® Curve™ and any other BlackBerry® device supporting 4.5 operating system or greater.
Supported Devices for the FedEx Mobile application for Android™ smartphone: Any Android-powered device supporting 2.2 operating system or greater.
- Why shoul I register?
FedEx considers the security of your shipment information a top priority and therefore, registration is required for visibility to some account-specific information. After you register, you can Track FedEx Express® and FedEx Ground® packages. You also get the ability to receive account-specific rate quotes, determine transit times and schedule a pickup.
- What do I need in order to use the FedEx Mobile website?
Simply navigate to m.fedex.ca. As long as your phone is enabled for mobile websites, you will be able to view and navigate the FedEx Mobile website.
- Can I access FedEx Mobile internationally?
The FedEx Mobile website is available in 206 countries and 25 languages. For a listing of region specific countries, go to the FedEx Global Homepage.
- How do I get FedEx Mobile for iPhone & iPad?
From your iPad, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch: Go to the App Store and search for "FedEx Mobile for iPhone." Access the "Product Description." Touch "Free," which will then change to "Install." Touch "Install," enter your iTunes password, and the app will begin installing on your device.
Within iTunes: Search for "FedEx Mobile" or navigate to "App Store > Business" and locate "FedEx Mobile." Choose "Buy App." Once it is downloaded to iTunes, simply connect and synchronize your device.
- How do I get FedEx Mobile for BlackBerry® smart phones?
To download FedEx Mobile for BlackBerry®, simply search "FedEx Mobile for BlackBerry" through your BlackBerry® App World. Select the FedEx icon and choose download. Enter your BlackBerry ID and password; then the app will begin installing on your device.
- How do I get the FedEx Mobile application for Android?
To download the FedEx Mobile application for Android, simply search "FedEx Mobile" through the Android Market™. Select the FedEx icon and choose download. The application will begin installing on your device.
- What can I access on the FedEx Mobile website without a login?
FedEx Mobile website users can track the status of FedEx Express and FedEx Ground packages. You can also find the nearest FedEx location. Additional account-specific features are available by logging in.
- What additional features do I get by logging in to the FedEx Mobile website?
By logging in to FedEx Mobile website, you get the ability to receive account-specific rate quotes, determine transit times and schedule a pickup.
- What do I need to log in to the FedEx Mobile website?
You need a fedex.ca user ID and password that is authorized to ship with FedEx. If you are not registered to ship or receive account-specific rates, you can register for a fedex.ca login. If you would like to set up an account, go to fedex.ca from your computer to be able to ship on fedex.com.
- FedEx Mobile website won’t let me log in. What do I do?
In order to log into FedEx Mobile website, you need a fedex.ca user ID and password that is authorized to ship or receive account-specific rates. To set-up an account, go to fedex.ca create a login and password. If you already have a login and password, please call our technical support hotline at 1.877.339.2774 for assistance.
- What if I forgot my password or user ID?
If you have forgotten your password or user ID, navigate to fedex.ca on your computer. If you are on an iPhone,iPod Touch or iPad, you can navigate to fedex.ca (internet connection permitting). Click on the "Forgot?" link on our homepage. You will be asked for your user ID and the email address you used when you registered for fedex.ca. Select "email current password." Once you complete the required fields and click Continue, we will email your current password.
- Should I be concerned about the security of my account information if I downloaded this mobile shipping application?
- Is there a way for FedEx Mobile applications to automatically add my shipments?
Yes, simply sign up for FedEx InSight®. If you do not currently have access to FedEx InSight, please register here.
- Once I have installed FedEx Mobile, will I be able to see my shipments?
If you are currently a FedEx InSight® user, FedEx Mobile will automatically pull shipments that you were authenticated to view and that are currently viewable via FedEx InSight. If you have more than 300 active shipments in FedEx InSight, you willl only see shipment exceptions, if they occur, in FedEx Mobile for iPhone or BlackBerry® smart phone. (Note: FedEx InSight displays shipments from the time that FedEx picks up the shipment until four days after proof of delivery. If there is no proof of delivery, shipments are displayed for 15 days from the ship date.) If you are not a FedEx InSight user, you may not see all of your shipments. However, you will be able to manually add shipments to the application. FedEx Mobile website, FedEx Mobile for iPhone, iPad, Android™ and BlackBerry® smart phone will remember your shipments and provide you automatic shipment updates until the shipment is delivered.
- What does the four-segment bar near the top of each tracking frame represent?
The bar represents the progress of the movements of your shipment. They are:
- Shipment initiation: FedEx received shipment information from sender.
- Pickup: FedEx has possession of shipment.
- In transit: Shipment is in transit to its final destination.
- Delivered: Shipment has been delivered.
- What shipments can I monitor using FedEx Mobile applications?
You can track the status of any FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Freight® and FedEx Custom Critical® shipment as long as you have a valid tracking number.
- What number should I call for questions regarding my shipment status?
Please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 for questions regarding your shipment.
- Where can I get help downloading the mobile shipping application?
Please call our technical support hotline at 1.877.339.2774 if you need technical assistance.
- The FedEx® Mobile website doesn’t work or look right on my mobile phone.
- What does the customer feedback box do?
The customer feedback box allows you to send your comments and feedback about FedEx ® Mobile so we can provide a better customer experience in the future. We want to hear from you. Please, let us know what you think.