Other Changes That May Affect Your Shipping Rate
The changes below reflect available information as of Jan. 1, 2018.
Effective Jan. 1, 2018
FedEx® Tube Minimum Billable Weight
The Minimum Billable Weight for FedEx Express® tube packaging increased from 7 lbs. to 9 lbs. for U.S. shipments.
Effective Jan. 22, 2018
Additional Handling, Oversize and Ground Unauthorized Surcharges
- The Additional Handling Surcharge will apply to any FedEx® U.S. or international express package that measures greater than 48 inches along its longest side. All other Additional Handling Surcharge size, weight and packaging parameters remain unchanged.
- The Oversize Charge will apply to any FedEx Express U.S. package or FedEx Ground® package exceeding 96 inches in length or 130 inches in length and girth. Rating for an Oversize package will be based on the greater of the package’s actual rounded weight or dimensional weight, subject to a 90-lb. minimum billable weight.
- Rating for a Ground Unauthorized package will be based on the greater of the package’s actual rounded weight or dimensional weight, subject to a 90-lb. minimum billable weight.
Third Party Billing Surcharge
A Third Party Billing Surcharge will apply to shipments that are billed to a third party. The surcharge will be charged to the third-party payer. Please see the FedEx Service Guide for the definition of a Bill Third Party shipment.
- For all FedEx Express and FedEx Ground U.S. and international shipments, the surcharge is 2.5% of transportation charges, surcharges and additional fees (not including duties, taxes and ancillary clearance service fees).
- The Third Party Billing Surcharge applies when an account unrelated to the shipper, as solely determined by FedEx, is billed as a third party for the shipment.
FedEx Freight Over Length Surcharge
The FedEx Freight Over Length Surcharge will apply to shipments that contain any handling unit with a dimension of 8 feet or greater in length and less than 12 feet in length. Multiple-piece shipments that qualify for both the Extreme Length Surcharge and the Over Length Surcharge will be charged only the Extreme Length Surcharge.