FedEx Delivery Manager (“FDM”)
Last update: November 23, 2021
Your trust matters to us. That is why we protect your information and use it responsibly, while continuing to deliver the excellent services you expect from FedEx and its operating groups, subsidiaries, and divisions (hereafter “FedEx”). At FedEx, we are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of information that can directly or indirectly be used to identify a natural person (hereafter “Personal Data”). FedEx has created this privacy notice (hereafter “Privacy Notice”) to explain how FDM collects and uses Personal Data.
This Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
When this Privacy Notice mentions “FedEx”, “FDM,” “we”, “us”, or “our”, we are referring to the FedEx company that is deciding on the purposes and means of the processing of your Personal Data under this Privacy Notice.
When you are using our services globally, your Personal Data is controlled by FedEx Corporation, having its headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee.
Attn: Legal Department - Compliance 1000 Ridgeway Loop Road, Ste 500
Memphis, TN 38120 United States of America
Click here for questions and requests about your Personal Data.
If you do not have access to a computer, you may call 1.800.463.3339.
This Privacy Notice applies to all FDM members. If you are not an FDM member, you are subject to the FedEx Privacy Notice.
Our services are for a general audience and not aimed at children. In principle, we do not collect Personal Data from children under age 16. If you are under the age of 16 and you want to use our services, please rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
If a child under the age of 16 may have disclosed Personal Data to us, the parent or guardian can contact us here and we will remove Personal Data if required.
In the course of our business activities and providing services, we collect Personal Data from FDM members. Without your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
Generally, we collect the following Personal Data from FDM members:
- Contact information.
This may include your name, address, email address and phone number;
- Payment and financial information.
This may include your bank account number, payment status, and invoices;
- Identification information.
This may include your driver’s license number. If you don’t have a driver’s license, another identification method will be used that ensures us that we can identify you, but is the least privacy invasive as possible;
- Account information.
This may include log-in details, including your email address, and other information provided through your account;
- FDM member and preference information.
This includes – as applicable – shipping amounts, complaints, history of purchases and related commercial activities, communication, survey information, and shopping preferences such as what products you purchase through ShopRunner services or from what companies you receive shipments.
- Automatically generated information.
This will include IP address, unique device or user ID, system and browser type, date and time stamps, referring website address, content and pages you accessed on our website or mobile apps, dates, times and locations actions take place, websites you visit (if you connect to our in-store wireless services), click-stream information and device location (if you turn on the feature in the mobile app).
- Demographic and Behavioral Data
We may combine data from third-party sources or other FedEx affiliates in order to provide you better or new services. This data may include gender, age, income, behaviors/hobbies, retail interests, and consumer spending. To opt out of this use of your data, please click the button below.
In addition to the above categories of Personal Data, depending on your interaction with us, we may collect other types of shipment information related to our services which may or may not contain Personal Data. Such information may include shipment tracking number, shipment routing information, location data, status of a shipment, delivery location, packaging type, number of pieces, weight, picture of the parcel, and customs information.
Generally, we collect Personal Data directly from you when you register as an FDM member (or when you update or modify such information), when you utilize FDM, when you utilize other products or services offered by FedEx or its affiliates, and when you visit FedEx websites. We may also obtain Personal Data about you from third parties, including data providers (such as Dunn & Bradstreet) and marketing partners (such as Facebook and Google).
Personal Data shall be collected, used, stored, or otherwise processed when necessary within the framework of responsible, efficient, and effective business management of FDM. We process Personal Data based on applicable legal ground(s). The legal ground is often intrinsically linked to the business purpose. This means, for example, that the performance of an agreement can be both a legal ground and a business purpose for us. Therefore, we will first clarify the legal ground(s) on which we process your Personal Data and, subsequently, the business purpose(s) that we use your Personal Data for:
In general, we process your Personal Data based on one of the following legal grounds:
- The processing is necessary to perform an agreement between you and us,
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations,
- The processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of other individuals,
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of us, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or
- Where appropriate and required, we will ask for your consent.
We shall only collect, use or otherwise process Personal Data if the processing falls within the scope of one (or more) of the legitimate business purposes listed below:
1. Product development, research and improvement of our products and/or services. We process Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of products and/or services, research and development. In order to attract and retain customers, we or our service providers may also use information we collect to better understand our audience and track advertising impressions in advertising and marketing campaigns.
2. Performing agreements. This includes shipping services, tracking services, communication with individuals and other parties regarding services, responding to requests for (further) information, dispute resolution and preparing agreements (e.g., link the shipment tracking number to your account to enable you to follow your shipment). These may include services and services operated by FedEx affiliates, operating groups, subsidiaries and divisions.
3. Relationship management and marketing for commercial activities. In general, we process Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of our products and/or services, account management, client services and the performance of (targeted) marketing activities in order to establish a relationship with a client and/or maintaining as well as extending a relationship with a client, business partner or supplier and for performing analyses with respect to Personal Data for statistical and scientific purposes (e.g., deliver advertising, communications and content from us on our sites and those of affiliates, operating groups, subsidiaries, divisions, and third parties more specific to your interests). With respect to Personal Data, we may append data with third party information to aid in performing analyses and the performances of (targeted) marketing activities. We may also combine two or more elements about shipments you receive and/or orders with your ShopRunner account to perform analyses and targeted marketing activities related to your recipient behavior. We may also use your information to deliver and provide you with personalized offers from our unaffiliated third-party advertisers and business partners.
4. Optimize Business Processes. This includes processing Personal Data to provide better services in current or new commercial activities. In order to optimize our network.
5. Business process execution, internal management and management reporting. This includes addressing activities such as managing company assets, conducting internal audits and investigations, finance and accounting, implementing business controls, provision of central processing facilities for efficiency purposes, managing mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and Processing Personal Data for management reporting and analysis (e.g., conduct investigations into shipping accounts to detect fraud).
6. Safety and security. Personal Data shall be included in the processing for activities such as those involving safety and health, the protection of our and customer, supplier or business partner assets and the authentication of customer, supplier or business partner status and access rights (e.g., provide a safe and secure services for online and offline transactions).
7. Protecting the vital interests of individuals. This includes processing data when necessary to protect your vital interests or those of other individuals (e.g., for urgent medical reasons).
8. Compliance with legal obligations. This addresses the processing of Personal Data as necessary for compliance with laws, regulations and sector specific guidelines to which we are subject (e.g., matching names of clients, suppliers and business partners against denied parties’ lists).
We may share your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- With FedEx’s affiliates, operating groups, subsidiaries and divisionsto help us operate, improve, customize, and market our services. We may also share your Personal Data with these affiliated companies and subsidiaries so that they may contact you with their own direct marketing.
- With service providers and third parties operating on our behalf. In such cases, these service providers and third parties only use your Personal Data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with FedEx policies and guidelines in relation to data protection. We will only use processors which provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures and ensure the protection of the rights of data subjects. To attract and retain customers, we may share your information with service providers that provide advertising or marketing assistance, track advertising impressions, and perform data analysis. These service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and for other uses consistent with applicable law.
- With our employees if and to the extent necessary for the performance of their tasks. In such a case, access will be granted only if and to the extent necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by confidentiality.
- If and when required to do so by law, court order, or other legal process, for example, with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies, to establish or exercise our legal rights or in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divesture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- We may link to other sites or services operated by FedEx’s affiliates, subsidiaries, operating groups, and divisions. In some instances, those affiliates, subsidiaries, operating groups, and divisions have separate policies that govern the collection and use of your Personal Data. Please review their privacy policies carefully before providing any Personal Data. Please note that if you receive marketing communications from another FedEx affiliate or subsidiary, you will need to follow the opt-out and unsubscribe procedures offered by that affiliate or subsidiary in order to stop receiving marketing communications from them.
We will retain your Personal Data no longer than necessary for the purpose(s) for which we process your Personal Data. After the retention period we will delete or anonymize your Personal Data, unless we need to retain certain of your Personal Data for another purpose. We will only do so if we have a legal ground to retain your Personal Data. We will also ensure that Personal Data are only accessible for that other purpose.
Please contact us using the contact details above if you have questions about specific retention periods.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful processing, including protecting your Personal Data against unauthorized access, maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal data, and training personnel on information security requirements.
However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. You also have an important role in protecting your Personal Data. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than one website. If you have a reason to believe that your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as detailed above.
Based on the law applicable to the use of your Personal Data, you may have rights that you can exercise in relation to your Personal Data. Note that in some cases we are not required to completely comply with your request, as such rights may be conditional or because we have to balance your rights against our rights and obligations to process your Personal Data and to protect the rights and freedoms of others. A number of the rights you have in relation to your Personal Data, as applicable in the European Economic Area, the State of California, or other US or international geographic jurisdictions, are explained below:
Right of access
You may be entitled to a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to learn details about how we use it. Your Personal Data will usually be provided to you digitally. We may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
Right to rectification
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you believe this is not the case, you may have the right to request that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data that we process about you is amended.
Right to erasure
You may have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data, for example where the Personal Data we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose, where Personal Data has become obsolete or where you withdraw your consent (if we are processing your Personal Data based on consent). However, this will need to be balanced against other factors. For example, we may not be able comply with your request due to certain legal or regulatory obligations.
Right to restriction of processing
You may be entitled to ask us to (temporarily) stop using your Personal Data, for example where you think that the Personal Data we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you think that we no longer need to use your Personal Data.
Right to data portability
You may have the right to ask that we transfer Personal Data that you have provided to us to a third party of your choice. This right can only be exercised when you have provided the Personal Data to us, and when we are processing that data by automated means on the basis of your consent or in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
Right to object
You may have the right to object to processing which is based on our legitimate interests. In case of the processing of Personal Data for marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time. When you ask us to stop using your Personal Data for marketing purposes, FedEx will immediately cease to use your Personal Data.
For other purposes based on our legitimate interests, we will no longer process the Personal Data on that basis when you file an objection based on your grounds relating to your particular situation, unless we have a compelling legitimate ground for the processing. Note, however, that we may not be able to provide certain services or benefits if we are unable to process the necessary Personal Data for that purpose.
Rights relating to automated decision-making
You may have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effect for you or has a similar significant effect. If you believe you have been subject to an automated decision and do not agree with the outcome, you can contact us using the details below and ask us to review the decision.
Right to withdraw consent
We may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in specific cases. When we do this, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. FedEx will stop the further processing as soon as possible after the withdrawal of your consent. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
Click here for requests about your Personal Data.
If you do not have access to a computer, you may call 1.800.463.3339, or contact us using the contact details above.
You can manage your account and preferences with FDM through the following:
- Personal. If you do not wish for us to use your Personal Data for research, data analysis, and marketing purposes, please click the button below.
- Emails: To review and adjust your email preferences, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in our email communications or visit the Email Preference Center.
- Mobile: To opt out of mobile delivery notifications, text STOP to 46339. You can always opt back in by texting YES to the same number.
- Cookies and other technologies: To exercise choices you have for certain cookies, you can generally review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options". If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our website, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest based advertising by third parties, including through cross- device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or your device settings.
If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information, and you may have additional rights with regard to how we use your information. We have included this California-specific information below.
Consistent with the "What Personal Data do we collect?" section above, we collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about individuals that are considered "Personal Information" in California. As detailed above, we may collect this Personal Information from you and other third parties. We collect, share, and disclose Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the "How do we process your Personal Data?" and "How do we share your Personal Data?" sections above.
We do not "sell" your Personal Information, as this term is defined under California law. Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time.
Should you wish to request the exercise of your other rights as detailed above with regard to your Personal Information, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing, products or services, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products or services, based solely upon this request. Please contact us as described above to exercise such rights.
If you are a California consumer and you wish to exercise your rights as outlined in this section, you may need to provide information such as name and e-mail so that we can verify your identity. We will use the information you provide when exercising your rights for no other purpose other than to verify your identity.
You also have the option of designating an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. For authorized agents submitting requests on behalf of California residents, please contact us as described above, with any evidence you have that you have been authorized by a California consumer to submit a request on their behalf.
Questions or complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data can be directed to us by using the contact information as provided at the top of this Privacy Notice.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent (local) data protection or government authority in the jurisdiction where you work, where you live or where an alleged infringement takes place. For individuals in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, the lead supervisory authority for FedEx is the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA), unless the alleged infringement is purely a local matter. A listing of the European Data Protection Authorities can be found here.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If an amendment will have a serious impact, we will endeavor to actively inform you about such amendments. We will publish an up-to-date Privacy Notice on our site at all times indicating the latest amendments
© 2021 FedEx