FedEx® Reporting Online
Create, run, manage and download reports — all in one place.
Create, run, manage and download reports — all in one place.
FedEx Reporting Online makes it easy to create, download, save and schedule reports. Reporting is available to all account owners for their FedEx Express® and FedEx Ground® (including FedEx Home Delivery®), SmartPost® and FedEx Freight® shipments.
Reports can be viewed online in summary format or downloaded in both summary and detailed formats. Most reports can be run as a one-time request or scheduled to run on a defined, recurring basis. Learn more about all the reporting options available.
Customers registered for FedEx Reporting Online have a variety of standard report types they can create. In addition to designing reports, customers may use filters on the interactive screen, manage all reports, view the status of a report and establish recurring reports.
Address Correction Detail Report
Get shipment-level detail for all covered shipments where an address correction fee was charged. The data in this report can be used to reduce shipping errors and decrease ancillary charges by updating incorrect addresses.
Dimmed Package Detail — Invoice Detail
Find shipment-level detail for all covered shipments where a package was invoiced using a dimensional or oversize weight.
Expense and Volume Summary (USD and Billed Currency)
Get a consolidated view of covered shipment volumes, costs and weights by three paying classifications:
- Prepaid: Shipments paid for and shipped by you using the same account numbers
- Collect: Shipments that identify you as the recipient. You paid for the shipment and the shipper account is different from the paying account.
- Third Party: Shipments you paid for that do not identify you as either the shipper or recipient.
Shipper Summary — Invoice Date (USD)
Get a consolidated view of covered shipment volumes, costs and weights by shipping account number and by three paying classifications (see above for definitions):
- Third Party
Shipment Detail — Invoice (USD)
Get shipment-level detail for all covered shipments invoiced during a specific period of time.
Claims Activity Detail (US and Canada only) — File Date
Itemized operational and financial details for cargo claims activity including status updates, and settlement information from the claim file date.
Reports can be run for either parcel or freight services (e.g. FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx SmartPost® and FedEx Freight). In order to create a report, select service, service type, Shipment type, Shipment Status accounts, reports, frequency and format.
1. Report Parameters
Service: To run a parcel report, select the FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, or FedEx SmartPost option. To run a Freight Report select FedEx Freight (US, Mexico, Canada only).
2. Select Accounts
The options within the Account Type dropdown are based on the account owner's shipping profile and account setup. Larger, more complex organizations may have a tiered shipping account structure with multiple account types, while smaller organizations or individuals will most likely have a standard 9-digit FedEx account. Users can run reports on accounts or Account Groups (created or shared).
By default, once the account type is selected, a table below displays all accounts related to the selected type. Multiple accounts or account groups may be selected for any one report.
Search: Results can be narrowed by entering the account number, name or address into the search bar above the table. The information can be sorted by clicking the column headers.
Shipment Type: Parcel reports are either run based on shipper (outbound) or payer (invoices) data. Freight reports are run on either shipper (outbound), recipient (inbound) or bill to.
3. Select Report(s)
Choose between Summary, Detailed: Standard or Detailed: Custom report options via the tabs at the top of the table. Multiple Detailed Reports may be selected at once, while only one Summary Report may be selected at a time. Detailed: Custom report data is pulled from the Extended Shipment Detail (USD & Billed Currency), Shipment Detail (USD) and Claims Activity Detail (US and Canada only) — File Date data sets. Reports can be renamed by clicking on the pencil icon.
4. Select Frequency
Certain reports can be run either one time or be set up to run on a more frequent basis.
One-Time Reports: One-time reports can be run either by selecting a custom date range or by selecting Weekly or Monthly. Weekly will include data for the last 7 days and Monthly will include data for the last calendar month.
Recurring Reports: Recurring reports can be set up to run on a customized schedule showing data for one of the following date ranges:
- Weekly (last 7 days)
- Monthly (last calendar month)
Recurring reports are ready within 3 days after the end of a week for weekly scheduled reports or within 5 days after the end of the month for monthly scheduled reports. A list of all recurring reports can be viewed through the View Recurring Reports page. Freight recurring reports are emailed as attachments to users and email IDs included when requesting recurring reports. Freight recurring reports can also be scheduled to be received at select times on select days of the week.
5. Select Format
For Detailed Reports, there are a variety of report export formats available depending on the report type selected, including:
Interactive Reports, available for select summary reports, can easily and quickly provide deeper insight into shipping data. These reports are accessible by clicking on the Interactive Report icon for that report in the View Report Status table.
Organizing Report Information
Once a type is selected from the Interactive Reports page, the report displays in either graph or table form. Depending on the selection, there are multiple options to organize report information, including a filter menu located to the left of the main display and various views accessible above the main display. To view all report parameters, simply select the information icon to the right of the report name.
Data Display and Export Options
Depending on the report and view (Excel, CSV, PDF and PPT export options), a variety of displays are available to choose from for the report data, including:
- Bar charts (horizontal and vertical)
- Line graphs
- Data tables
Each interactive report comes with a set of views that display various perspectives of the same data. These views provide additional sub-reports that are based on the data parameters selected at report creation.
Certain report views offer options for changing the units of the filtered report data. The unit options available change depending on the report. For example, data can be viewed in kilograms or pounds. Selecting an option from the dropdown will automatically refresh the display (e.g. chart, table, etc.). An option to choose from USD and billed currency is also offered in select Summary report filters.
Report options might include:
- Expense Measures and Volume Trend (USD)
- Average Cost Trend (USD)
- Expense Measure Trend
Each report can be further refined through the filters column to the left of the display. Reports can be filtered by category or each category can expand to select a more specific option. Only authorized categories will appear. For example, reports can be filtered by Origin or that category can expand to refine by Region, Country and even City/State. Once the filter criteria is selected, click the Apply button at the top of the page to update the display.
Users have access to administrative capabilities for FedEx Reporting Online. This gives the ability to:
- Receive email notifications when reports are complete
- Invite users inside your organization to generate their own reports
Organize reports the way you want and get an in-depth view of your data. With FedEx Reporting Online, you can:
- Design your own summary reports
- Create and save custom account groups
- Export reports in Excel, CSV, PowerPoint and PDF formats
- Search accounts by account number, company or address
- Visualize year-over-year expense and volume by average and total cost per pound, piece, etc.
- Choose between U.S. dollars and billed currency or kilograms and pounds
- Generate shipment-detail reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Create custom interactive reports to view trends, filter data, and create charts and graphs, and more. Plus, you can save these templates for repeated use
- Create select reports in Pivot Table format, with the ability to drill down to Import Export level of detail.
Choose from two levels of reporting:
- Choose from one-time and recurring report options (weekly, monthly) with up to 24 months of data
- View year-over-year trend charts
- Filters allow the user to manipulate/update the report online before downloading a version of the report
- Select reports offer Pivot Table option
- Select any date range for up to two years on one-time reports
- Choose from recurring daily, weekly and monthly options
- Run multiple reports at once
- Customize the report and design your own reporting options
The View Report Status page displays one-time and recurring reports and their status along with other pertinent information such as the report name, submission date, completion date and reporting options.
Specific report options are available based on the type of report created, including:
- View Interactive Report: Available for specific reports, allowing users to dynamically filter, sort and visually display data in order to highlight trends, anomalies, etc.
- Download Report: used to download the report in the specified format (i.e. Excel, CSV, PDF, PowerPoint) selected at creation. This feature is available for every report.
- Delete Report: Used to delete the associated report from the Report Status table. Reports will remain within the table for 45 days or until manually deleted. This feature is available for every report.
- Report Information: Provides a summary of all the parameters selected when creating the specific report. This feature is available for every report.
The timestamp sitting below the table represents the last time the information was updated. The data can be manually refreshed by clicking the refresh icon.
A user can add accounts they would like to access within the tool.
Administrators with more than one shipping account number with FedEx can create customized account groups for ease of reporting. Easily run standard reports based on the customized account groups once they have been created.
Email notifications can be set up in this section, notifying the user when a report is ready for download.
- Invite User - Administrators can invite other employees within their company to share FedEx shipping accounts for reporting purposes. Invited users can run the same standard reports on the accounts shared with them. Customized account groups (see Account Groups) can also be shared with invited users for reporting purposes. Invited users will not have any administrative privileges over the accounts. A list of invited users can be viewed at any time. FedEx Reporting Online also provides the capability to edit or delete the access rights of those invited users.
- Change Administrator - If the administrator for any of the FedEx shipping accounts for reporting purposes needs to change, the current administrator can assign one of the existing invited users to become the new administrator for one or all of the FedEx shipping accounts. After the administrator has relinquished or transferred their privileges on any of the FedEx shipping accounts, their status by default will revert to that of an invited user for those accounts.